Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 03:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
You're doing a heck of a job Barry!
Soooo he should nationalize the hospitals?

Old 10-16-2014, 03:15 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Thank you for everything you do--and have done over the long course of your career. Thankless just about covers it.

I couldn't handle a medical career, but thank God for those who can and do. Nurses, especially, are the most underappreciated ones in the entire system. They are the ones that make the system work.

The terrible position that health care professionals are being put in with this potential epidemic is just scary--and I don't blame any of them for not wanting to deal with this.

Everybody seems to be so dammed concerned about political correctness--and not offending anybody.

SCREW that. I guess if we aren't smart enough to refuse visas and entry to those from the affected countries, we probably deserve what their refusal to do so is going to do to us.
For a long time I have saying that we are in the midst of on ongoing national suicide. This is just another episode.

I'm not sure what, if anything, will make us stand up and fight en mass, as we continue to circle the drain.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:30 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
I sure stand with the nurses
my nephew's girlfriend is a nurse and she loves it but this is so scary and the DNC is wacko
it sounds like they are more worried about political than medical
we have 4 hospitals in the whole country equipped to deal with Ebola and 11 beds!
This president has so messed up our country he thinks he is disliked now let 2 more cases come forward
and who does not think that will not happen???

Old 10-16-2014, 03:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No he should resign, be arrested and be tried for treason. There was no good reason to bring ebola here PERIOD. The good thing is if it gets loose a lot of PC Liberals will go first. Then they will see the reality of what Obummer had done this time.

yeah yeah yeah i know it's bush's fault

Old 10-16-2014, 04:17 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No he should resign, be arrested and be tried for treason. There was no good reason to bring ebola here PERIOD. The good thing is if it gets loose a lot of PC Liberals will go first. Then they will see the reality of what Obummer had done this time.

yeah yeah yeah i know it's bush's fault
Actually, this guy has it exactly right.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:00 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are not being trained for EBOLA.

They are scare for their lives and their families lives.
My wife's a nurse with nearly 3 decades of practicing behind her. Not only does she know what to do, she would do it without being told and does not need any "training". Unless all these people flunked nursing school, they already know how to deal with isolation, how do do isolation, when to do isolation and why.

But then, they are union nurses, so, don't expect anything resembling competency to be displayed by their self appointed mouthpieces.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
As a 26 year Union Man I support their rights and their concerns.
As a non-union man, I respect their right to reveal gross ignorance and incompetence on their part.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:13 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
It is odd how such staunch conservatives look to Washington when things get rough. Texas botched this first case. It was their responsibility to prepare and they failed miserably in that regard. Our local agencies insist, in the interviews I have seen, that they are capable of dealing with an Ebola case without the outcome that we saw in Dallas.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:46 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
My wife's a nurse with nearly 3 decades of practicing behind her. Not only does she know what to do, she would do it without being told and does not need any "training". Unless all these people flunked nursing school, they already know how to deal with isolation, how do do isolation, when to do isolation and why.

But then, they are union nurses, so, don't expect anything resembling competency to be displayed by their self appointed mouthpieces.
There's a big difference between training for dealing with MRSA and training for something like Ebola. I say that as an infection control nurse.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
What a false sense of security we live in....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies