Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's right about White Privilege
Jon Stewart 57 51.35%
Bill O'Reily 54 48.65%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:28 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,102,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Stewart does about as much for the black community as Michael Moore does.
And your proof is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 11:28 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,871,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
This is actually a beautiful example.

Most white people have the privilege to not walk through black neighborhoods. Blacks don't have that same privilege.

Oh boo hoo... people are picking on whitey because there is no preferential treatment.

How does it feel to have your resume overlooked because of your name? Wait....

This conversation is not about a global scale. It is about America.

Enlighten us to these "no-go" areas for whites.

Deflection is strong here...

Here's the thing:

Did you not read history? I was born in America. I've been here for at least seven generations. Black people in America were brought here against their will. I can't just "go back to Africa" to be with "my people (wtf does that mean anyway?)."

You do not have the moral right to tell me to get the hell out of America because a handful of ignorant white people don't like black people. "It makes me sick."

It's beautiful how RACIST your replies are. Your last sentence summed it up perfectly.

A HANDFULL of white people who don't like black people stirs you up so?? How are white people to feel about the HANDFULLS of black people who hate them?
It should make you sick.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:29 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,155,471 times
I can't stand either one of those guys-
Thank God I got rid of my tv

Old 10-17-2014, 11:32 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,240,516 times
Quote:
No, that's equal treatment.

It isn't special treatment to demand blacks be treated with the same dignity as everyone else.
Sure sounded like you wanted special treatment. About half your list (points 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9) would require special treatment. Point #5 would require a mandatory sentencing guideline, which is also deemed as unfair to blacks.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:33 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,408,893 times
Quote:
This is actually a beautiful example.

Most white people have the privilege to not walk through black neighborhoods. Blacks don't have that same privilege.
And this is our fault... how? Blacks have been given generous opportunities since the Civil Rights era. If black neighborhoods are not nice places to be, instead of blaming us, why not work to improve them?

Quote:
Oh boo hoo... people are picking on whitey because there is no preferential treatment.
Not a lack of preferential treatment. How about active discrimination? Is affirmative action not discriminatory against white people?

And keep up that attitude! You are alienating white people and waking them up to what's happening in our world. We are realizing the leftist cause is not one of equal rights, but an anti-white one. It's a cause that recognizes the right to self-determination for every race except whites.

Quote:
This conversation is not about a global scale. It is about America.
The rest of the world is relevant, too. This isn't just black and white. Every race is being invited to America and is being given preferential treatment in the form of affirmative action and this is happening almost everywhere in Western Europe, North America, Australia, etc. Why's it not happening in Africa? Japan? India? White ethnic replacement is the goal of the globalist elites.

Quote:
Enlighten us to these "no-go" areas for whites.
Almost every-inner city majority black neighborhood in the US...

Quote:
Deflection is strong here...
See above. It isn't "defection." We're supposed to be color blind, yet minorities are not. The left would have you believe the whole world was color blind and us evil American whites weren't. But that's so far from the truth. The right of every ethnic group to advocate for their own self-interests is a given elsewhere in the world.

Quote:
Here's the thing:

Did you not read history? I was born in America. I've been here for at least seven generations. Black people in America were brought here against their will. I can't just "go back to Africa" to be with "my people (wtf does that mean anyway?)."

You do not have the moral right to tell me to get the hell out of America because a handful of ignorant white people don't like black people. "It makes me sick."
Don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing about going back to Africa. And I've made plenty of references to majority black areas of this country where I clearly showed how blacks in these areas enjoy privileges. You have every right to live where you want to, but you have no right to demand that any race, even the majority, give up their heritage and self-interest because it doesn't benefit you.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 18 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times
some folks just need burped and changed more often
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCJq4re2d-0

Old 10-17-2014, 01:10 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times
A minority group, a small % of the population, with high poverty and crime are always going to be disadvantaged. The fact that the skin color is different highlights this. Blacks will never have the majority and can't be artificially given majority power so we have to live with the color difference and focus on the problems of crime and poverty. The disadvantage comes from the families and the only way out is to stop bring kids into the situation, like all bad situations involving all skin colors. That won't happen so we get to hear about this in perpetuity and it will never totally go away.

"White privilege" isn't even the correct description, black disadvantage is. I keep saying it but the spin is already out of control on this one. Much like "rape culture". Yes...leading into a new election cycle these are the leading contenders of things we will hear about. Oh, and thinking we can stop a virus at the border by somehow controlling the worlds transportation. These things are all "reporters" will write about, all the talking heads will talk about. And it's all BS. This is why I've already decided to not pay any attention to it and just straight up vote against anything that even hints it's trying to address these things unless there is a sound medical breakthrough. I have better things to do.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:59 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,598,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I can do that and drill a well at the same time.

Now.....only if blacks could understand.
go shuck some corn

Old 10-17-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am white nor will I apologize for it much as the left seems wont to do.
white privilege

Old 10-17-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Are you saying that given a choice blacks would choose to be white????
oh my...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies