Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 07:37 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
George Orwell was a prophet.
Or a historian.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out where this country is going. It's happened before; it'll happen again.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:33 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
People take advantage of the stupid or ignorant and politicians have made money that way for centuries.
But hasn't anybody noticed that our politicians have gotten, well, pretty stupid themselves the past 15 or 20 years or so? And this has to be the least cerebral administration in US history.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:08 PM

70 posts, read 68,111 times
Besides wolves, buffalo, maize and so on, we've been also tamed/domesticated. We are, mostly, homo sapiens domesticated .. "We" do as the dogs do, wiggle our tail and jump around when politicians throw a piece of food or something.. All our senses of reason and reality are deeply corrupted.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
They educate us.
They tell us what they want us to learn.
They tell us our choices for who we can vote for.
They lie to us thru their words and actions and know we wont do anything about it.

We get on planes while sick because they dont make a issue of it at the time, then do after the fact.
We fight each other over beliefs and skin colors which they taught us to do generation after generation.

It is so ovious to me when i see anyone from either party leadership talk that they think... They know that the american people as a whole are stupid! They act as though we cant handle truth. Like it will cause a panic with ebola. That we wont do anything about the boarders, health care, their lack of getting most anything done. They know if they are out of power now they will be back in power in 4-8 yrs. that both parties are close to the same when it comes to leadership and the sheep will follow.

I am sick of it!

Please look past their lies and speak up!
Correction, they do not Think we are stupid, they Know we are. I am not sure unless something really Big happens that they will ever wake up. Sad commentary on us as Advanced People, but unfortunately it is still true.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAdragon View Post
Besides wolves, buffalo, maize and so on, we've been also tamed/domesticated. We are, mostly, homo sapiens domesticated .. "We" do as the dogs do, wiggle our tail and jump around when politicians throw a piece of food or something.. All our senses of reason and reality are deeply corrupted.
Speak for yourself, I doubt you are, but you are not the only one here that sees what is very wrong with our "society", there are Cons and Libs here that see it. Problem is there is little you or anyone else can do to actually change it and if you tried.............well we will miss ya

Old 10-18-2014, 05:24 PM

LOVE the replies here so far, congrats to ALL of you!

Old 10-18-2014, 05:27 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
They educate us.
They tell us what they want us to learn.
They tell us our choices for who we can vote for.
They lie to us thru their words and actions and know we wont do anything about it.

We get on planes while sick because they dont make a issue of it at the time, then do after the fact.
We fight each other over beliefs and skin colors which they taught us to do generation after generation.

It is so ovious to me when i see anyone from either party leadership talk that they think... They know that the american people as a whole are stupid! They act as though we cant handle truth. Like it will cause a panic with ebola. That we wont do anything about the boarders, health care, their lack of getting most anything done. They know if they are out of power now they will be back in power in 4-8 yrs. that both parties are close to the same when it comes to leadership and the sheep will follow.

I am sick of it!

Please look past their lies and speak up!
Honey, if you don't know to stay at home while sick to avoid spreading illness, maybe you do need to be told what to do.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Honey, if you don't know to stay at home while sick to avoid spreading illness, maybe you do need to be told what to do.
Exactly!

Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Correction, they do not Think we are stupid, they Know we are. I am not sure unless something really Big happens that they will ever wake up. Sad commentary on us as Advanced People, but unfortunately it is still true.

At this point I think it would have to be VERY big.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:23 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Most Americans are stupid. Just look at the incompetent politicians who are purposely trying to destroy this country but yet Americans keep electing these loons into office. Having common sense is rare nowadays and will probably die off in about 20 years in this country. American society would rather sacrifice intelligent thought and discussion if it means you might offend someone in the process.
You bet they think the public is stupid. Look at Obama, lie after lie after lie, and still these fools elected
him a second time. He's the gimmie president. How about Biden ? If brains were paper, he wouldn't have
enough to wipe his as-.

Common sense went out of style right after WW2 and (just like the steamboat) it's not coming back. PC
is the new game, and, if you don't buy it, you must be racist........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies