Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:43 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe the "perp" is of low I.Q. and was just following the instructions of another and really didn't know better? You still don't understand the concept yet do you?
So what? He is (or was) 19 years old and responsible for his chosen actions. No ifs, ands, or buts. Fortunately for society, no further issues will present themselves in his case. Actions have consequences. What part of that do you not understand? Are you of low IQ also?

My 8 y.o. understands the difference between good choices and bad choices. She also understands the differences between reasons and excuses for outcomes. Why can't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Following the instructions of another doesnt immune one from consequences.

not knowing better, doesnt immune one from consequences.

At what age does one learn not to steal?
+1!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 04:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What does that matter? The argument is if you are in jail you are getting what you deserve. Are you abandoning that argument?
I never made that argument

In fact if they are in prison, and not jail, then the courts have determined they arent too stupid, to be immune from the laws.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:18 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Not to the level that "for profit" companies do. Government tries to "manage money." Corporations try and "make money."
Not true at all.

Governments TAKE MONEY from the citizens. It's a MASSIVE BEAST with undying thirst and power.

Statistically, in the free market system a company like THIS will go out of business and that's that.

Just look at the VA. NOTHING IS RESOLVED YET.

Government is NEVER EVER EVER EVER the solution except for necessary military/safety defense.

I assume YOU "make money". too? Are you employed?

Old 01-09-2015, 12:10 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Prison sentences for most crimes are too long in the US to begin with and don't get me started on the war on drugs....

Old 01-09-2015, 01:39 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,920 times
We live in this County and are horrified by what has happened. My DH was a Corrections Officer for the US Army and had custody & control over so many inmates that he personally could not stand (Akbar for one; murderers, sex offenders, deserters). My DH's professionalism and personal integrity insured that inmates were treated like human beings because my DH is not a person of low moral character.

The way we treat our inmates says more about ourselves than it does the inmates; we are supposed to be better than those we incarcerate.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:02 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
In some countries he would have already had his hands or arms cut off.
The bottom line is if you make the choice to steal you make the choice to go to jail.
Jail is not supposed to be a vacation, it is supposed to be punishment but there are many in jail who have better
health care, food and resources for help and education than those who have not committed a crime, are working but cannot afford health care, insurance and proper food for their families.
The big one wasn't stealing the DVD's but passing the counterfeit $100 bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies