Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 11:05 PM

305 posts, read 655,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hemorrhaging is common after an abortion. Emergency Rooms were getting the patient.

Actually it's rare and happens in less than 1 % of all abortions.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:27 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Abortion is not regulated because Democrats are really into ethnic cleansing and genocide. While real Americans believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, Democrats are anti-life, anti-liberty, and anti-pursuit of happiness - otherwise known as anti-Americans. Which is why these Marxist fascists idolize the "Mother of Infanticide" Margaret Sanger.

Let us not forget that it was FDR that implemented forced sterilization of "undesirables." I am certain that Democrats long to emulate both the German and Turkey genocidal holocausts, if they could. It is their wet dream.
Sorry, buddy. You don't get the right to define who is a real American or not. Nobody does.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:34 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A medical procedure, that once Roe v. Wade said, the Federal Government had no power to ban or regulate it, has been under very little regulation and oversight, when compare to other medical fields.

Until recently in Texas, you didn't even need admitting privileges at the local hospital, in the case of major complications. Hemorrhaging is common after an abortion. Emergency Rooms were getting the patient.
It is regulated by states, due to Roe v Wade. Your issue is that you want it regulated out of existence period.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:36 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
1. there is regulation on abortions, and abortion providers.

2. Hemorrhaging after abortion is not common, and occurs in only 1% of abortions.

3. The requirement for admitting privileges is ridiculous. The hospital is not going to turn away the patient.

There are several different types of outpatient surgery that do not require admitting privileges. Oral surgeons do not require admitting privileges. Even some plastic surgeons do not require admitting privileges. If safety were the real goal, then any and all medical professionals would be required to have admitting privileges. This law was for no other purpose than trying to eliminate legal abortions.
Of course. Everyone knows this. It's nonsense.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually the burden is on republicans who refuse to care about the unwanted kids in foster homes. We need to make homes for these kids first and then we can talk about abortion. Wouldn't you agree.
This is one of the big reasons I have long supported gay marriage. While your post is very misleading as most kids in foster care are not adoptable, they are simply waiting to hopefully be placed back into the care of their parents, for the percentage of others, all these new families present a good opportunity to place them in permanent homes.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Not at all. The Marxist fascist Democrats want EVERYONE to abort. The Democratic Party is not only anti-American, they are the Party of Death, which is why they idolize the Mother of Infanticide. If they could get away with it, Democrats would gladly slaughter another fifty million Americans (56,405,766 to be more precise), like they already have between 1973 and 2013.
Is it the water in Wasilla or the cold?

Surely something's creating these fantasies like Marxist fascists

IMWTK

Last edited by burdell; 10-20-2014 at 05:00 AM..

Old 10-20-2014, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Even MORE regulation wanted by the right wing? How about regulating the dumping of chemicals and toxins by big extraction companies if you want a cause to regulate and leave people alone ?
There are times when regulations are needed, this has nothing to do with right versus left. I am not taking a stand her on abortion rights or who should have one or shouldn't have one, I am taking a stand on the safety of those involved. I can not imagine having any serious medical procedure like an abortion without knowing my doctor is part of a hospital staff.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Question:

Why do pro-lifers always resort to using exaggeration and out right lies to further their agenda?

Answer:

Without exaggeration and out right lies their agenda falls flat on its face.
What lies, what in the world are you even talking about and what makes you think this is all about right to life versus right to choose? This is about the safety of a woman.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why didn't you address the rest of my post about all the kids in foster care. Why do republicans constantly ignore them. You don't want abortion, that's fine. Please tell me what the outcome is for these unwanted kids who are already here. Stop preaching for those who are not born and actually do something for these kids who are already here. Good grief, what is wrong with some of you. Why aren't we taking care of the kids who need homes. Some grow up in foster care never knowing a loving home but your fixation is on abortion. Why don't you care about these kids.
Oh for heavens sake: we do not ignore them: too many libs do not even understand who aborts, what the foster system is really like and which party is more inclined to adopt children?

The majority of kids in foster care are kids who could have been aborted, but mommy chose to have them. You are so pro abortion and don't say you are not, your posts have shown this in the past; maybe you think there should be a test to see if women would make good moms before they are allowed to carry their babies? Are you aware of who the average women is who aborts? She is a young women who doesn't want her life interrupted by the thought of raising a child, she isn't the mom that ends up with her kids being raised in the foster system.

A large number of us with adopted children are Republicans. There is nothing that says Republicans or Democrats adopt more or have more foster kids for that matter. Many foster parents I might add are Republicans. I should know, I was one for many years, most of those involved in the program we knew also were Republicans.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
A person has the right to decide what to do with their body. When the Govt does more then decide what is safe or not, that is when you lose your freedoms. Abortions are going to occur, no matter what some group says, it is better to happen in an environment where the woman is safer.

We talk on this site as if we know how all the problems of the people are happening. I have no idea what drives people to abortion, whatever it is should be between the woman and her Doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies