Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:16 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I too think it is sad, good candidates may lose because of Obama's lack of support by the people in our country. The good news, if the Republicans take over the senate and I am still saying "if" we will no longer have Reid to block every attempt at passing laws because he choose to let things sit on his desk. yes, we will still have him for 2 years, but he will not have the control he now has. This is one reason to vote Republican.
I saw that this morning. It was actually amazing it was not only Dedicated Dems., but Black Voters. Is the American Black Community finally sending a message direct back to President Obama?

I think they are ready for a change and asking themselves:

What has the DNC and the President done for me lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 02:55 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
It's funny because there were dozens of threads just like this in 2008 and 2012 before he was elected and re-elected. Maybe Republicans should spend more time working on changing their agenda and campaign tactics than smearing the POTUS while he finishes his last term. On second thought, keep it up, you may as well just hand the Dems the 2016 presidential election. Just keep alienating groups of people and insulting everyone's intelligence...

Old 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It's funny because there were dozens of threads just like this in 2008 and 2012 before he was elected and re-elected. Maybe Republicans should spend more time working on changing their agenda and campaign tactics than smearing the POTUS while he finishes his last term. On second thought, keep it up, you may as well just hand the Dems the 2016 presidential election. Just keep alienating groups of people and insulting everyone's intelligence...
People who voted for him in 2012 are too stupid to be alienated or insulted by something like this. They probably can't even read the article.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I too think it is sad, good candidates may lose because of Obama's lack of support by the people in our country. The good news, if the Republicans take over the senate and I am still saying "if" we will no longer have Reid to block every attempt at passing laws because he choose to let things sit on his desk. yes, we will still have him for 2 years, but he will not have the control he now has. This is one reason to vote Republican.
I guess we shall see, come Nov 4.

Reid, Biden and Obama---I can't believe that we have been stuck with this particular combination ee since 2008.....

Old 10-20-2014, 04:48 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
People who voted for him in 2012 are too stupid to be alienated or insulted by something like this. They probably can't even read the article.
Thanks for proving my point about Republicans. Insulting the majority of American voters isn't going to get votes.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's absolutely possible to be reelected even if you're a failure. Reagan was reelected even though Democrats called him a failure. Bush was reelected even though Democrats called him a failure. But now suddenly that it's a Democrat in office his reelection proves he was a success? Sorry, that doesn't fly.
How come they can't beat him? You said it yourself. All our talk of personal responsibility. Democrats appeal to people who don't value personal responsibility. The essential nature of humankind being selfish, that makes it easier for Democrats to win. Funnily enough, you're making Democrats look bad in your attempt to show how superior Democrats are.

Here's a question for you: exit polls showed that the majority of voters preferred the Republicans on the economy, unemployment, immigration, and foreign policy. When asked why they voted for Obama, the #1 answer was because they felt he was more in touch with them than Romney was. So with all the leftwingers talk of being the best choice for the common man, how come the only way you can get the common man to vote for you is to demonize your opponent personally? How come you lose on all the actual important issues?
Not at all. You should be embarrassed that even as your party won the election they lost on every single issue. Every one. When you win by calling your opponent an out-of-touch tax cheat rather than winning based on having the best handling of the nation's issues, you should be embarrassed.
If the outlook is so rosy then why are virtually all the predictions that the Democrats will lose seats in the upcoming election?
lol

How pointless.

First, do try and stay on topic and stop trying to deflect. To save you some time, let me make myself clear:

1. Every single thing I've said in my previous posts on this thread are absolutely true.

2. I am immune to your spin and propaganda, so just stop already. Talk about exit polls all you want, claim you won when you actually lost all you want; try and deflect and talk about Democratic Party voters all you want, I don't care, at all what any Republican thinks about any of those things.

3. Your party suffers from a fatal disease that will kill it if left untreated and you have scorned attempts by members of your own party to cure you. I will laugh watching the GOP's inevitable demise as a national political party as I doubt enough people in the party will be smart enough to take the cure.

4. You can deny #3 all you want, but I know it to be the truth and there's nothing you can do about it. You're finished. You're going to get clocked in the 2016 election. In the electoral college, the Democrats get to start on the 5 yard line and you don't have the defense to keep them out of the end zone.

5. I don't care if you win the midterms, I fully expect you to do so. The only elections the GOP can win are when the turnout is low (like in midterms and odd-year state-wide elections). When about 20%+ more people vote in 2016, you're going to lose the vote for the House, the White House and the Senate (you'll lose the WH race, lose the Senate--if you pick it up in a couple of weeks--and will only likely hold the House because you gerrymandered it to defy the will of the voters). The fact is quite simple, the more Americans vote, the more likely the vote is to be in favor of the Democratic Party. GOP strategists have been for years telling you that their goal has always been to drive down voter turnout, why won't you believe them?

Old 10-20-2014, 06:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

How pointless.

First, do try and stay on topic and stop trying to deflect. To save you some time, let me make myself clear:

1. Every single thing I've said in my previous posts on this thread are absolutely true.

2. I am immune to your spin and propaganda, so just stop already. Talk about exit polls all you want, claim you won when you actually lost all you want; try and deflect and talk about Democratic Party voters all you want, I don't care, at all what any Republican thinks about any of those things.

3. Your party suffers from a fatal disease that will kill it if left untreated and you have scorned attempts by members of your own party to cure you. I will laugh watching the GOP's inevitable demise as a national political party as I doubt enough people in the party will be smart enough to take the cure.

4. You can deny #3 all you want, but I know it to be the truth and there's nothing you can do about it. You're finished. You're going to get clocked in the 2016 election. In the electoral college, the Democrats get to start on the 5 yard line and you don't have the defense to keep them out of the end zone.

5. I don't care if you win the midterms, I fully expect you to do so. The only elections the GOP can win are when the turnout is low (like in midterms and odd-year state-wide elections). When about 20%+ more people vote in 2016, you're going to lose the vote for the House, the White House and the Senate (you'll lose the WH race, lose the Senate--if you pick it up in a couple of weeks--and will only likely hold the House because you gerrymandered it to defy the will of the voters). The fact is quite simple, the more Americans vote, the more likely the vote is to be in favor of the Democratic Party. GOP strategists have been for years telling you that their goal has always been to drive down voter turnout, why won't you believe them?
Uh; IF the repubs have a lock on both houses, there's a real good chance that Obama could get impeached. That POTUS has made way too many enemies IMHO all the way round. When even Black people are pissed at him because he kisses illegal alien amnesty butt, then it's time to just hang it up.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:59 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; IF the repubs have a lock on both houses, there's a real good chance that Obama could get impeached. That POTUS has made way too many enemies IMHO all the way round. When even Black people are pissed at him because he kisses illegal alien amnesty butt, then it's time to just hang it up.
Please, impeachment isnt going to happen. President Biden? Bwahahahah. And if you went for him too? President Boehner? The American people would go nuts. Republicans would demand dozens of laws, and once that occurred it would be the end of the Republican party no matter what they did.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:03 PM

801 posts, read 1,103,352 times
I doubt any of the walkouts were spontaneous. Given this poisonous social climate that exists, I would not doubt if it was planned.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
5 Stages of Loss and Grief

Scobby, there are a very very few of your type of Obamabot's left. Most and I mean most have made it to acceptance. You are still clinging to Denial and Isolation which is the first phase. It's marked by denial of reality. In this case, the reality that Obama has been abandoned by a vast majority of his supporters. The only ones really left are the very few of you and the filthy rich. Who incidentally, continue to have their pockets lined by Obama while the rest of you wallow on welfare and part time jobs. I can however understand the filthy rich loving him more every day. After all, who would be pissed at a guy making you filthy filthy filthy rich? Anyway, I digress. Denial and Isolation allows us to block out words and ignore facts. It's a defense against shock. Hang in there buckaroo the next phase, anger, is on it's way.
You lost credibility and intelligence calling people obamabots in your first sentence. The rest is just dribble. If you really want people to take you seriously, then stop with the name calling. It doesn't make you look good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies