Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 04:23 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Notice how mirceas responses to me ignored the topic, and failed to respond in any way other then attacking the messenger?
I did respond. You lost, so you're back-pedaling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That proves your Guaranteed Student Loan Program is wasteful and inefficient.
Since the 5th Level Economy is Research & Development, explain the usefulness of an MBA. Are those skills transferable? Can MBAs manage hydro-carbons? Quarks? Neutrinos?

How's that work?

How about majoring in The Influence of Homosexuals on Jewelry & Art in 24th Century BCE Gutian Culture?

Can you connect the dots for us? 'Cause we aren't exactly seeing how that will lead to the development of a non-combustion engine.

Or did you just plan on waiting until the Indians and Chinese move into their 5th Level Economy and develop a non-combustion engine for you?

Quote:
Because of your lack of understanding you are not aware that Capital is not limited to Cash or credit. It includes Land (when used in production), Labor, aircraft, vehicles of all kinds, ships, equipment, machinery, tools, etc etc etc.
That was in response to your tangential mention of fractional reserve banking.

Maybe I asked the wrong question.

How often do you see two different people using the same kidney dialysis machine in different parts of the US?

Can you get video of that for us?

Do you see the same dump-truck hauling the same sand in two different places at the same time?

How often does that happen?

Quote:
Good news for you! I'm one that CAN list some!
10328 regulation that requires review of medication-and allows it to be via telehealth services
section 3022 the shared savings program that also encourages telehealth
Aren't you embarrassed to admit you don't understand how your government works?

Which regulations govern those sections of the ACA?

Hint: You'll have to use the Federal Register.

I did respond....

Quote:

And this.....

The Board assumes that the various cost-reduction measures—the most important of which are the reductions in the annual payment rate updates for most categories of Medicare providers by the growth in economy-wide multifactor productivity—will occur as the Affordable Care Act requires. The Trustees believe that this outcome is achievable if health care providers are able to realize productivity improvements at a faster rate than experienced historically. However, if the health sector cannot transition to more efficient models of care delivery and achieve productivity increases commensurate with economy-wide productivity, and if the provider reimbursement rates paid by commercial insurers continue to follow the same negotiated process used to date, then the availability and quality of health care received by Medicare beneficiaries would, under current law, fall over time relative to that received by those with private health insurance.

Source: 2014 ANNUAL REPORT OF THE BOARDS OF TRUSTEES OF THE FEDERAL HOSPITAL INSURANCE AND FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTARY MEDICAL INSURANCE TRUST FUNDS, still on Page 3.

Surely you are capable of following my lead and providing sourced documentation to back up your claims of cost-savings.

Since the Medicare Trustees, the CBO and the GAO are not seeing these alleged cost-savings that you claim exist, is those cost-savings something that you also see often? Can you get that on video and get it up on Useless Tube, as well?
The cost-savings you claim exist, don't actually exist, but then you believe the $82 TRILLION in "Wealth" (snicker) is real.

Is it your claim that the 2014 Medicare Trustee Report is not real?

The Trustees believe that this outcome is achievable if health care providers are able to realize productivity improvements at a faster rate than experienced historically.

Do you understand that the Medicare Trustees are qualifying their statement?

If you understand the history of medical care -- and you don't -- then you would know that at no time in history have productivity improvements ever resulted in cost-savings.

The history is quite clear: costs either remain static or actually increase --- but they do not decrease.

The ACA will not produce any cost-savings. Instead it will cause problems, as the Medicare Trustees note here...

then the availability and quality of health care received by Medicare beneficiaries would, under current law, fall over time relative to that received by those with private health insurance.

Quote:
Heck Mircea doesn't even discuss the cost savings programs, instead goes off on some side tangent.
The Medicare Trustees 2014 Report is not some side tangent and directly rebuts your claims.

No one in the US government can find the cost-savings you claim exist....not the Medicare Trustees, not the CBO, not the Treasury Department and not the GAO.

So....where are they?

Show us some documentation from a neutral source, not BigDaddyG or Yahoo!Answers.

Quote:
I can list many many others that deal with improved results instead of just visit numbers as well.
That's what you claim, but when challenged you run away.

Is it your claim that the Medicare Trustees are lying? What evidence do you have to support your claim?

Quote:
This is why people tend to not respond to him, theres no facts, just deflections or facts that are unrelated.
People who are butt-hurt know they're defeated.

Quote:
Amusing, since the Scandinavian city-States you worship won't even let you take the test to get into the school that lets you take the test that might actually give you a chance to get "free" college unless you can read, write and speak at least one foreign language.
Quote:
Just sad.
What, you're lack of win?

Indeed...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 04:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Mircea, credit suisses report on global wealth seems to indicate that its 83.7 trillion. but of course we all know you're smarter then them right? I mean, its not like they're a large team of professionals that do this for a job or anything.....and probably have more then a bachelors in economics.....

As for the rest, you go off topic and hurl personal insults. you're not a person having a debate, your a troll wallowing in the mud you throw.

PS some personal experiences here, I was involved in telehealth at my last job, it was saving people money, and looks to just increase that over time. And yes it was driven by the ACA.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:42 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why is that middle aged woman only earning minimum wage?

Because Her Employer Can.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Um, that is illogical.

Cost-push Inflation is your fault. You elect the turds that enact legislation that drives up the prices of goods and services, and then have the unmitigated gall to whine and cry that you can no longer afford to purchase the goods and services that have increased in price because of you.

That's about as logical as stabbing your eyes with a fork, and then demanding that others surrender their eyes so you can continue to stab with a fork.

Demand-pull Inflation is caused by excessive over-consumption. The Laws of Economics drive up prices to stop excessive over-consumption.

So raising minimum wage, or any wage in order to continue excessive over-consumption is totally illogical and stupid.

What do you have to say about that?

Logically...

Mircea

If what you say is correct and we are to blame for high housiing costs, is not my proposed solutiion the truly logical one?

If we need to consume less, why do you insist on imposing your excessive housing standards on us?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The real solution is real industrial jobs, instead of flipping burgers.

Iron and coke, chromium steel??

Old 10-28-2014, 02:27 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Gotta love the people that have forgotten we live in a free country. A country where you have the choice to work or not, to improve your skills or not, or move to another country where you think it's OK for the government to control every aspect of its citizen's lives.

You don't "believe" prices will increase? How could they not. Where will that money come from to pay for the increase in wages?
Yeah except that is not true not everyone has the choice. If you are born in a poor family, if you are not intelligent then their is no choice for many people. I do believe prices will increase but not much I have yet to see anyone show evidence that raising min wage will make prices go up a huge amount. The money will come from the money the businesses get when the workers have more money to spend.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:29 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Because Her Employer Can.
Wrong. It's because she's chosen a job that pays that wage.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:32 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Yeah except that is not true not everyone has the choice. If you are born in a poor family, if you are not intelligent then their is no choice for many people. I do believe prices will increase but not much I have yet to see anyone show evidence that raising min wage will make prices go up a huge amount. The money will come from the money the businesses get when the workers have more money to spend.
NOTHING but excuses. There are plenty of poor people that have managed to get ahead. There are plenty of not-so-intelligent people that manage to get ahead. Unless you are truly mentally handicapped, THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:16 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Yeah except that is not true not everyone has the choice. If you are born in a poor family, if you are not intelligent then their is no choice for many people.
I grew up in a poor family, I have no college education, yet I manage to support my family quite well. We're not rich, but we can afford all of our needs and most of our wants because we live frugally and spend wisely.

Quote:
I do believe prices will increase but not much I have yet to see anyone show evidence that raising min wage will make prices go up a huge amount. The money will come from the money the businesses get when the workers have more money to spend.
You don't believe that raising the manufacturing costs will result in higher prices? Really? Did you skip Economics in school or was it not offered?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Meanwhile, that middle aged woman goes home and eats cat food for dinner because that is all she can afford.
Oh, please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies