Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:36 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it's all good. they destroyed ACORN, and NC didn't go blue again. oh, and you obviously know nothing about north carolina.
Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winnner!

NC - went blue in 2008

NC - went red in 2012 and Retained supermajorities in both statehouses.

In fact, NC was one of eight GOP states to pass or tightened voter ID laws since the GOP wave in 2010.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 03:37 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Can't answer any of the questions?

Prove to us that photo IDs prevent voter fraud. They currently aren't required in 42 out of 50 states. About half of states "suggest" a photo ID, or require a non-photo ID. Obviously most states agree with me.
Prove to me that photo ID laws reduce illegal gun buying, illegal entrance into the nation, illegal alcohol buying, etc...

We should get rid of all photo IDs then if they don't reduce fraud and deception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There's your problem. A person needs ID to write a check, go to the doctor, buy a home, buy insurance, buy anything on credit, pick up certified mail, buy a car or a gun from a dealer, buy alcohol, cigs, or even antihistamines, and register to vote. I even now have to give my ID at my bank to MAKE a deposit! Yet somehow, it tramples on a person's rights to produce one to vote. That is patently ridiculous.
You didn't answer the question. You deflected.

I haven't shown a photo ID to vote ever. Where is the voter fraud?!?! How does New York know I'm a citizen?

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Montana requires a photo ID when voting at the polling place.
Montana requires the voter to SIGN IN at the polling place.
Montana has a referendum on the ballot to close voter registration at the close of business the Friday before Election Day. The opponents say it will disenfranchise seniors and veterans. I am both, and I have not been disenfranchised.
The opponents are lying!
I plan to vote FOR the referendum.
I do not agree with ANY of the arguments against requiring an ID to vote.
They are, IMO, ALL ridiculous!
Requiring an ID that is FREE is in NO WAY a poll tax, and is NOT unconstitutional!

Old 10-20-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Prove to me that photo ID laws reduce illegal gun buying, illegal entrance into the nation, illegal alcohol buying, etc...

We should get rid of all photo IDs then if they don't reduce fraud and deception.
I don't have to prove anything. I will vote on November 4 without a photo ID. How is my state allowing that to happen? How do they know I'm a citizen?!?!

Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:

NC - went blue in 2008

In fact, NC was one of eight GOP states to pass or tightened voter ID laws since the GOP wave in 2010.

Using your same mind reading powers:

Democrats cheated...won some victories, so they oppose a more honest system to hold their fraudulent advantage.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Democrats we need to be more like ultra civilized Western Europe, except their racist voter ID laws.

Democrats we need to protect the sanctity of the ballot, unless you are in a Union so the union bosses can coerce you.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:

NC - went blue in 2008

again, you know nothing about north carolina. obama won in 2008 49.70-49.38. after his 4 years of failure, and the continuing crap economy in the state, it went red in 2012. it didn't go blue because of the minority voter turnout. it went blue because of the flaming northeastern liberals relocating to the state to avoid paying taxes in their states. or as they put it, "to move to a warmer climate."

Old 10-20-2014, 03:40 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
you know what - I don't even care about the requirement of showing ID to vote as much as the sheer stupidity/audacity of suggesting that the requirement of having ID in the first place is "RACIST". I mean really - pathetic and worst race card play ever.
Both the race card and the victim card are being played by those who object to voter ID laws.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I never claimed it would prevent voter fraud. I am saying it makes perfect sense, and anything else seems illogical. I don't "call" for anything. I don't make the rules and I don't vote. seriously? voting? what is this, 2008?
So you don't vote, but you think a photo ID should be required for those that do vote? What other things do you not do, but think you know what should be required?

What confuses me is when people who don't vote tries to get involved in voting topics. Maybe we should turn this into a "why do people not vote" thread.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
I haven't heard one rational argument yet on why ID should be required.

I've never shown my photo ID to vote. I live in New York. Where is the rampant voter fraud?!?!?
Never showed it in NY either, but in VA it's required.

VA has problems with elections anyway, maybe it'd be even worse without showing ID?

Election fraud felony charges dropped for Virginia Republican - Salon.com

Quote:
Colin Small, a Republican Party voter registration supervisor who secretly tossed filled-out voter registration forms into a dumpster last year, had all of his felony charges dropped by the local Republican Commonwealth attorney prosecuting the case yesterday.
Did Possible Fraud Make Democrat VA Attorney General-Elect, Mark Herring, the Winner of the Closest Statewide Election in VA History? - Townhall.com Staff 11/25/2013 2:31 PM

In the 2013 AG race the results were close enough to warrant a hand-count, and mysteriously two voting machines full of votes for the Dem candidate Mark Herring was found in a Fairfax county warehouse. There was also video footage of a Dem election official openly tampering with the recounts in that same county.

Election fraud happens, and everyone does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies