Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 05:09 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In her race to defeat Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, Alison Lundergan Grimes has barnstormed Kentucky, talking up her support for raising the minimum wage and criticizing the GOP's so-called war on women.
Typical dem....WAR ON WOMEN....WAR ON WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait...look at her famlies restruant name and the names of some of the meals.....

Quote:
But minimum wage isn't the only issue dogging Grimes' family business. Hugh Jass Burgers -- say it out loud to get the joke -- has menu items like "Charlotte's Rack, sure to be voted biggest rack" named after Grimes' mom and "Abby's Hugh Jass," a burger named after her sister. They also sell souvenirs like an apron with "Check Out My Buns" emblazoned across it.
But it's O.K.....the DNC pulled money from her...so no big deal...

Lets not even get into the minimum wage debate....that she pays her workers.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 09:49 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Minimum Wage is a law that applies to everyone. If you think it's hypocritical to advocate a higher minimum wage, you don't understand the issue. That would be like saying that if a purist baseball manager advocated against the DH rule, it would be hypocritical for him not to have his pitcher bat in games. There's no hypocracy in advocating rules changes, while following the rules as the exist.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Minimum Wage is a law that applies to everyone. If you think it's hypocritical to advocate a higher minimum wage, you don't understand the issue. That would be like saying that if a purist baseball manager advocated against the DH rule, it would be hypocritical for him not to have his pitcher bat in games. There's no hypocracy in advocating rules changes, while following the rules as the exist.
Then as a person who is advocating rule change, should they not lead the way and show other people how it is done...you know the old saying....lead by example....

Old 10-21-2014, 10:16 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Typical dem....WAR ON WOMEN....WAR ON WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait...look at her famlies restruant name and the names of some of the meals.....

But it's O.K.....the DNC pulled money from her...so no big deal...

Lets not even get into the minimum wage debate....that she pays her workers.....
I'm a woman. Don't care about any of this crap. Fake outrage about politcally incorrect names for menu items just doesn't get it for me. Every time we get distracted with wars on women or the poor or the elderly - every time we focus on the bs in Ferguson or the racist fliers in North Carolina - we're not talking about jobs, the economy, border security, our response to a deadly disease on our shores or our response to ISIS.

THEY (politicians they) don't want us talking about real issues because then they'd actually have to do some work and figure out solutions. Best to turn the unwashed masses against each other. Keep us all busy and distracted with bs issues and once in a while toss us a few bread crumbs.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:18 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
The baseball manager would be fired, unless ordered by the owner. Who would fire the owner of a business that advocated higher minimum wages, if the owner paid more that that? That's the difference between manager and owner. It's called minimum wage because that's the least you can legally pay, you can pay more if you want. So would it be hypocritical to push for a higher minimum wage while paying only minimum wage to your workers, that is left for you to decide.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:20 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'm a woman. Don't care about any of this crap. Fake outrage about politcally incorrect names for menu items just doesn't get it for me. Every time we get distracted with wars on women or the poor or the elderly - every time we focus on the bs in Ferguson or the racist fliers in North Carolina - we're not talking about jobs, the economy, border security, our response to a deadly disease on our shores or our response to ISIS.

THEY (politicians they) don't want us talking about real issues because then they'd actually have to do some work and figure out solutions. Best to turn the unwashed masses against each other. Keep us all busy and distracted with bs issues and once in a while toss us a few bread crumbs.
Hear Hear.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:21 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
The baseball manager would be fired, unless ordered by the owner. Who would fire the owner of a business that advocated higher minimum wages, if the owner paid more that that? That's the difference between manager and owner. It's called minimum wage because that's the least you can legally pay, you can pay more if you want. So would it be hypocritical to push for a higher minimum wage while paying only minimum wage to your workers, that is left for you to decide.
I think most people agree, it is hypocritical. Then again, liberalism and hypocrisy go together.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

Agreed...but many many women do....including the ones this country has elected...

I just find it amazing what some people say...(LEFT AND RIGHT) then be shown to go against exactly what they say....

Old 10-21-2014, 01:08 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then as a person who is advocating rule change, should they not lead the way and show other people how it is done...you know the old saying....lead by example....
For the same reason the hypothetical purist baseball manager wouldn't bat his pitcher to lead by example did you even try to read my post?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
For the same reason the hypothetical purist baseball manager wouldn't bat his pitcher to lead by example did you even try to read my post?
I did....that's why I responded the way I did....and you still have not answered my question...

Because you think you did...does not MEAN you did...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies