Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:19 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The front of the flier blares: “Kay Hagan doesn’t win! Obama’s impeachment will begin! Vote in 2014.”
The words are superimposed over a grainy reproduction of a photograph of what appears to be a lynching.

Someone tucked the flier under McNair’s windshield wiper while her car was parked at her church, Kingdom Impact Global Ministries on Murchison Road. “My daughter said, ‘Mom, look in the background. They’re lynching somebody.’ It’s the lynching of an African-American man,” McNair said.
Link: Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images « Hot Air

And, unsurprisingly, not a peep from the Democrat Party or Hagan about these flyers. They should immediately condemn this kind of racebaiting and fearmongering.

I have no doubt that the usual suspects will be along shortly to tell us how the flyers are merely stating the obvious about racist Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times
So you said the Republican Party should apologize for the actions of republicans who had nothing to do with the campaign ????

Old 10-21-2014, 09:29 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you said the Republican Party should apologize for the actions of republicans who had nothing to do with the campaign ????
You drinking again D?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:29 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
They're gonna put ya'll back in CHAINS!!

Remember that one?

Politics at its most ugly, right before our eyes.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Meanwhile, a California Republican gubernatorial candidate is running ads showing a young boy drowning in a swimming pool, saying he represents Jerry Brown's alleged favoritism towards teachers' unions.

I'm sure you have no problem with those.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:36 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Basically, a lot of people in this country are idiots.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Basically, a lot of people in this country are idiots.
A little more than 50% last time we checked officially.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Meanwhile, a California Republican gubernatorial candidate is running ads showing a young boy drowning in a swimming pool, saying he represents Jerry Brown's alleged favoritism towards teachers' unions.

I'm sure you have no problem with those.
A metaphor for the impact failing schools have on kids.

A direct implication that one candidate has a problem with interracial marriage and that lynchings will quickly commence should a D candidate lose.

Your example does not work.

Having said that, there are a$$hole candidates on both sides who will (and do) appeal to the lowest common denominators in their consituency - low info votes, party loyalists, radicals, those where fear mongering works.

If WE (you and me and everyone else on here) don't call these guys out, then WE (you and me) will keep getting morons voted in, and then wonder why the corrupt status quo never changes.

I don't condone these ads from the OP, and if a conservative goes off the rails I would call them out as well. We deserve better than this.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You drinking again D?
I dont drink.

I think this is a simply case of me not making myself clear, or you simply not being able to comprehend.

Im asking, if in the same situation, would he ask a Republican candidate to do the same....seeing as the people who did this are in no way connected to the Hagan campaign.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont drink.

I think this is a simply case of me not making myself clear, or you simply not being able to comprehend.

Im asking, if in the same situation, would he ask a Republican candidate to do the same....seeing as the people who did this are in no way connected to the Hagan campaign.
Has Hagan's campaign condemned the fliers yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies