Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:57 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
So, you believe history started when people began writing about the ice-choked NW Passage?

So, you don't believe in evolution, then, since history started when the written word was invented, right? Before that, no facts existed...
The availability of written records is generally how you tell apart historic and prehistoric times. That's why we have both words.

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I never claimed it did, neither does yours, and neither does Coleman's opinion.
I didnt state an opinion, I asked you why scientists had to fudge the numbers to get a conclusion of global warming when just a few decades ago they were predicting the oncoming ice age..

You of course didnt answer..

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Wait - it's the big black Canadian bus Obama used on his jobs tour a few years ago.
I have no idea if it's larger than the largest Greyhounds. Even if it is, it's not THAT much bigger. They need a few dozen aircraft carriers.

On this topic, it seems that there's a lot of people who find instant fame and then instant rejection in the world of political whims. One day they're hot, the next they're not, and the day after that, forgotten or maybe even hated. This is true of all political movements not grounded in solid ideas, and that's not JUST liberalism.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The availability of written records is generally how you tell apart historic and prehistoric times. That's why we have both words.
Actually its through scientific studies, like researching the different layers of the earth, since the written record is such a short period of time.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt state an opinion, I asked you why scientists had to fudge the numbers to get a conclusion of global warming when just a few decades ago they were predicting the oncoming ice age..

You of course didnt answer..
I never said you stated an opinion. The only one stating an opinion here is Coleman and he is nothing more than a journalist who is wrong.

I didn't answer your question because I didn't care about your question. There are more than enough threads about what you are asking, I am sure you can find my answer there, now try to stay on topic.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What is the significance, then?

After all, the "written word" is so short of a timescale, according to you evolutionists, that it is simply a minute point of the entirety of climate history. Ergo, meaningless.

I know you didn't argue that it's "historic" just to be entertaining... but since you know that time period means nothing in terms of climate history, were you trying to be deceptive, or were you just trying to muddy the water?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:01 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight, someone who's education background in journalism is saying global warming isn't real? Interesting....doesn't the old saying go, if weathermen could report yesterday's weather today, then they would always be correct.
And if AGW researchers could predict tomorrow's weather today, they would always be right. Never mind the climate 20 years hence.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 PM

What's the hottest Earth's ever been? | NOAA Climate.gov

Even after those first scorching millennia, however, the planet has sometimes been much warmer than it is now. One of the warmest times was during the geologic period known as the Neoproterozoic, between 600 and 800 million years ago. Another “warm age” is a period geologists call the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, which occurred about 56 million years ago.

Earth’s hottest periods—the Hadean, the late Neoproterozoic, the PETM—occurred before humans existed.

And yet we have people who believe that humans are the cause of "climate change"..

Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
And if AGW researchers could predict tomorrow's weather today, they would always be right. Never mind the climate 20 years hence.
And do you know the difference between climate and weather? Climate scientists aren't in the business of telling if it will rain tomorrow or not.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I never said you stated an opinion. The only one stating an opinion here is Coleman and he is nothing more than a journalist who is wrong.

I didn't answer your question because I didn't care about your question. There are more than enough threads about what you are asking, I am sure you can find my answer there, now try to stay on topic.
If you are going to state Coleman is wrong then you must answer why those who say he's wrong, had to LIE to come to the conclusion you believe is correct.

Your failure to answer means you just bought into the talking points like everything else you post without giving it personal incite and doing your own research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies