Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Psychotic is being afraid of a yearbook photo and being threatened by it.

What kind of weak, pathetic person would be frightened by this?
Yep, now that is one terrifying photo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,042 times
All those people thinking that letting kids have guns won't be laughing when one of them shoots up their school.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
If a student can pose with a horse, ATV, football, or any other item associated with a sport or hobby what's the problem? I personally love the reactions in the comments section....

School Will Allow Students To Pose With Guns In Yearbook Photos
I guess i'm out of the loop. Cap and gown is what has always been photographed. No student posed with anything and why should they be allowed to. If you want your kids photographed with something than take the pic yourself. Good grief why are schools allowing how the kids want to be photographed

Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm just curious as to why students would even want to pose with a gun. It just frightens some other students. It isn't "cool." It's psychotic.
Don't they actually have trap shooting as school activities in many places in the country? If the kid has a passion for an activity, why restrict that?

Unless it's some gangster wannabe with his pants hanging around his knees with the double Glock Murder Specials.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:48 PM

29,500 posts, read 19,600,372 times
Yeah how horrible was this... High school marksmanship class circa 1922....

Old 10-23-2014, 11:58 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
While I don't have a problem with guns in activity photos, I have to wonder why anyone is posing WITH something for a yearbook photo. I remember some kids trying to get away with a funny face and even one guy that wore a neck brace just to be funny, but props? Whatever.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:18 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I guess i'm out of the loop. Cap and gown is what has always been photographed. No student posed with anything and why should they be allowed to. If you want your kids photographed with something than take the pic yourself. Good grief why are schools allowing how the kids want to be photographed
Every school is different.

My high school yearbook included photos of the football, basketball, and track teams - in uniform. As well as the school band, A/V club, chess club, as well as the regular individual student photos. None were in cap and gown because the yearbook was published months before graduation.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:24 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Don't they actually have trap shooting as school activities in many places in the country? If the kid has a passion for an activity, why restrict that?

Unless it's some gangster wannabe with his pants hanging around his knees with the double Glock Murder Specials.
If it is a school activity, then it should definitely be included in the school yearbook.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:33 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm just curious as to why students would even want to pose with a gun. It just frightens some other students. It isn't "cool." It's psychotic.
What is psychotic is your opinion n this post. Perhaps if you left the concrete jungle in which I'd be willing to bet good money that you have resided in for the majority of your life, maybe you'd understand why the rest of us out here in the real world don't see this as a big deal at all really. It's a cultural thing. In your world, ( because yes, we really do live in two different worlds ) guns have little use other than crime related, or defending yourself from crime, assuming your mayor allows you to..... Out here, guns are just a normal part of life. Just another tool.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:18 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Psychotic is being afraid of a yearbook photo and being threatened by it.

What kind of weak, pathetic person would be frightened by this?
A weenie leftist would be the person who would be frightened by this.

OMFG....IS THAT A BOOLIT PROOF VEST HE HAS ON??!! THAT ALSO LOOKS LIKE....AN ASSAULT RIFLE!!!!!

AND WHY IS HE WEARING GLOVES??!!!!! DOESN'T WANT TO LEAVE ANY FINGER PRINTS???!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies