Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 04:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What is psychotic is your opinion n this post. Perhaps if you left the concrete jungle in which I'd be willing to bet good money that you have resided in for the majority of your life, maybe you'd understand why the rest of us out here in the real world don't see this as a big deal at all really. It's a cultural thing. In your world, ( because yes, we really do live in two different worlds ) guns have little use other than crime related, or defending yourself from crime, assuming your mayor allows you to..... Out here, guns are just a normal part of life. Just another tool.
True that.... after all the school kids in Gaza pose with their AK47s, huh?

Last edited by florida.bob; 10-24-2014 at 04:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 06:26 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I think it is way beyond time to reactivate the Federal DCM (Director of Civilian Marksmanship), and put firearms training and gun clubs back in schools. There are too many parents who will not teach their kids about guns, thinking they will never see one or want one.
I see no problems at all with allowing pictures of guns in the yearbook. In fact, I am fully in favor of it.
We had a rifle club in our school, with rifles and ammo provided by the DCM. We usually shot twice a week after school hours. It wasn't a big deal back "in the day"...and school shootings were unheard of.

That was even in New York. The state has really regressed in the last 35 years.

After reading some of the comments on the article in the OP, I find it amazing just how many irrational, paranoid nutz we have in this country.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:45 AM

893 posts, read 886,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
A weenie leftist would be the person who would be frightened by this.

OMFG....IS THAT A BOOLIT PROOF VEST HE HAS ON??!! THAT ALSO LOOKS LIKE....AN ASSAULT RIFLE!!!!!

AND WHY IS HE WEARING GLOVES??!!!!! DOESN'T WANT TO LEAVE ANY FINGER PRINTS???!!!
You forgot to add "he's a ginger" thus he has no soul. He just looks like a mass murderer!

You can just see murder in his eyes...

Old 10-24-2014, 06:51 AM

893 posts, read 886,091 times
So many in this thread are confusing "senior pictures" with the basic class pics that you take at school.

These are pics taken by a professional photographer, usually, and not at school.

The poster named Opinionated, made it sound like they were bringing their gun to school or they carry a rifle with them at all times and refuse to set it down long enough to take a picture.

The out of touch nature of a typical hard core leftist is astounding. They have zero idea about anything outside of their little cocoon but want to mandate everyone's actions and lives. Crazy

Old 10-24-2014, 07:06 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm just curious as to why students would even want to pose with a gun. It just frightens some other students. It isn't "cool." It's psychotic.
Amazing, logically anyone posing with an item that pertains to any sport or hobby they are interested in is psychotic.

FYI, chances are every student in that building has a very healthy knowledge of guns and how to use them.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:52 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
So many in this thread are confusing "senior pictures" with the basic class pics that you take at school.

These are pics taken by a professional photographer, usually, and not at school.

The poster named Opinionated, made it sound like they were bringing their gun to school or they carry a rifle with them at all times and refuse to set it down long enough to take a picture.

The out of touch nature of a typical hard core leftist is astounding. They have zero idea about anything outside of their little cocoon but want to mandate everyone's actions and lives. Crazy
If that's the case, and I know just what you are talking about because our school let kids "buy" a page to post whatever pics of themselves they wanted, this is a non issue. People post their baby pics, family vacation pics, pics of them with Santa when they were 5, and everything in between. It's basically a paid advertisement to help raise money.

This is what I assumed when I saw this thread, but my first read through of the OP article made it sound like it was the actual Yearbook Grad Photo. I probably should have read more articles.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:00 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm just curious as to why students would even want to pose with a gun. It just frightens some other students. It isn't "cool." It's psychotic.
Didn't read everything so if you have already been lambasted for this statement...Well tough!

Get into the 21st century! Trap and Skeet clubs are on the rise across the nation and like any other high school sport participants have every right to have their photo taken with the preferred sporting accoutrements....

like other things some peoples opinion stinks more then others!!!

In my State

http://mnclaytarget.com/

and Nationally

National Shooting Sports Foundation

Old 10-24-2014, 02:34 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Ghetto nonsense.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:40 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
A weenie leftist would be the person who would be frightened by this.

OMFG....IS THAT A BOOLIT PROOF VEST HE HAS ON??!! THAT ALSO LOOKS LIKE....AN ASSAULT RIFLE!!!!!

AND WHY IS HE WEARING GLOVES??!!!!! DOESN'T WANT TO LEAVE ANY FINGER PRINTS???!!!
AND DON'T FORGET THE HOWDY DOODY MASK!!!

OK I jest. I jest.

I'm on the same page as you. This country is burning around us, and law abiding rural families who live a culture of hard work and dedication to family, and who hunt as a means to feed their families, are called psychotic gun nuts by those who cannot even fathom a way of life that is completely different from their own.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:49 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
You forgot to add "he's a ginger" thus he has no soul. He just looks like a mass murderer!

You can just see murder in his eyes...
Even more ironic is; I believe that to be an over-under CZ called the "Redhead Deluxe" a good all around reliable shotgun retailing just under $1K with chrome lined barrels, if indeed that is the model I'm seeing there. The forestock checkering pattern and the top finish of the vented sight rib along with the butt plate are my tells as I can't see enough of the action due to his big grinning face.

A nice piece and happy kid; where's the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies