Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:37 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,391,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Just what is it that the left have against insuring that only those qualified to vote do so, and that the people with the registration card are, in fact, identified as being that person?

Very strange, indeed. But telling.
It doesn't matter.

-If you are X, you are a verified citizen
-X can only vote once.
- X will vote at location Y.
-X has to sign the ballot.
-If X shows up at location Z and Y, fraud is detected (along with forgery).

What you look like has no effect on detecting voter fraud nor does it have any effect on the election results. Make sense?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 09:40 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,662,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What say you leftists? We hear plenty of you claiming that voter fraud doesn't exist.....

Voter Fraud isn’t Real. Except Here are Democratic Activists on Hidden Camera Saying It’s ‘Awesome.’
This is why the democrats want to make voting something that does not require a positive ID or verification of eligibility, it makes cheating and fraud sooooo easy.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:40 AM

29,466 posts, read 16,461,649 times
First video is about Voter registration forms not ballots as the lady clearly says "no one's name is on it yet" and O'keefe himself says registration forms.

The second video there is a 14 second gap between his question and her answer, there is even a time stamp on the video that shows it.

In the 3rd video, the lady tells the person where to go to register to vote, and at the very end she is asked if the person has already voted in the state that they moved from, can they vote in the new state, the person in the video isnt condoning the action of voter fraud, they simply dont know if you can vote in the state you left and the one you moved too.

thread closed /

Old 10-23-2014, 09:41 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,268,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Most students aren't from the area they try to vote in. Sorry, they have to vote in their HOME precinct.
Most AMERICANS are not "from" the area they try to vote in. That's why the law is that you vote in the area you LIVE in. The area that you've established residency in, and the area you receive your mail in.

When I went to ASU (one of the stories was about there), I lived there year round. Not allowing me to vote there is nothing more than suppressing a vote.

If I spend my money in a county, I should be allowed to vote in that county. (and regardless, I also vote for statewide and National elections, and requiring me to drive 3 hours to vote on a tuesday is absolutely suppression)

Old 10-23-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It doesn't matter.

-X can only vote once.

What you look like has no effect on detecting voter fraud nor does it have any effect on the election results. Make sense?

A proper voting ID would verify all of that, not just slap a photo on a card with fill-in-the-blank lines on it.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:45 AM

22,162 posts, read 19,409,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Most AMERICANS are not "from" the area they try to vote in. That's why the law is that you vote in the area you LIVE in. The area that you've established residency in, and the area you receive your mail in.

When I went to ASU (one of the stories was about there), I lived there year round. Not allowing me to vote there is nothing more than suppressing a vote.

If I spend my money in a county, I should be allowed to vote in that county. (and regardless, I also vote for statewide and National elections, and requiring me to drive 3 hours to vote on a tuesday is absolutely suppression)

Exactly, if its where you spend the majority of your time, you should be allowed to vote there. When I was in college (Stony Brook University) I voted on campus.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Exactly, if its where you spend the majority of your time, you should be allowed to vote there. When I was in college (Stony Brook University) I voted on campus.
Wrong!

If you are visiting here from France, should you be allowed to vote and change the laws here in the USA? No.

The same goes for if you are visiting from Ohio, should you be allowed to vote and change the laws in Florida? No. No one is preventing the person visiting in Florida from returning home to vote in Ohio.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
A proper voting ID would verify all of that, not just slap a photo on a card with fill-in-the-blank lines on it.
Why is reading so difficult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It doesn't matter.

-X can only vote once.

Registration cards are mailed to registered voters...

Old 10-23-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Wrong!

If you are visiting here from France, should you be allowed to vote and change the laws her in the USA? No.

The same goes for if you are visiting from Ohio, should you be allowed to vote and change the laws in Florida? No. No one is preventing the person visiting in Florida from returning home to vote in Ohio.
You can't be a resident of two places at one time....

(this is taken care of at voter registration)

Old 10-23-2014, 09:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,819,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just sickening. all the more reason to have voter ID provided free to everyone that is able to vote by each state government. also, no electronic voting as the programs in electronic voting can be hacked or have bad programs. put a X on the candidate or party you want to vote, and use your voter ID to get the ballot.

I do not see how anyone that believes in fairness for everyone cannot see the good in having voter ID.
Since the link is about Colorado and mail-in ballots, how does voter ID prevent fraud in this case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies