Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

What say you leftists? We hear plenty of you claiming that voter fraud doesn't exist.....

Voter Fraud isn’t Real. Except Here are Democratic Activists on Hidden Camera Saying It’s ‘Awesome.’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 06:05 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
just sickening. all the more reason to have voter ID provided free to everyone that is able to vote by each state government. also, no electronic voting as the programs in electronic voting can be hacked or have bad programs. put a X on the candidate or party you want to vote, and use your voter ID to get the ballot.

I do not see how anyone that believes in fairness for everyone cannot see the good in having voter ID.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just sickening. all the more reason to have voter ID provided free to everyone that is able to vote by each state government. also, no electronic voting as the programs in electronic voting can be hacked or have bad programs. put a X on the candidate or party you want to vote, and use your voter ID to get the ballot.

I do not see how anyone that believes in fairness for everyone cannot see the good in having voter ID.

As long as there is no monetary cost in getting ID, why is this so difficult for supporters?

Old 10-23-2014, 06:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
As long as there is no monetary cost in getting ID, why is this so difficult for supporters?
Because then they can't have their voter fraud.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Absolutely disgusting.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:21 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
“You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

GOP Candidate Claims He Got Quite the Surprise When He Tried to Cast a Vote for Himself

Old 10-23-2014, 09:28 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
It is disgusting, and I don't approve. I hope that people look at all sides of voter fraud and suppression. Here in NC, the Right has been very proactive in restricting or suppressing the vote of traditionally left-leaning demographics.

Focus specifically on the student vote, making nearly impossible for students to vote in the precinct where they live. (I went to ASU, so this one hit home to me. And even if you don't like the source, all of these were widely reported in NC. Google them if you have any doubts.)

North Carolina Republicans Escalate Attack on Student Voting | The Nation

Old 10-23-2014, 09:29 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What say you leftists? We hear plenty of you claiming that voter fraud doesn't exist.....

Voter Fraud isn’t Real. Except Here are Democratic Activists on Hidden Camera Saying It’s ‘Awesome.’
I say the burden of proof is on you. It occurs in approximately 1 out of every 14.6 million votes. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

How does a photo ID prevent fraud?

My state mails my voter registration card (voter ID with no photo) annually to my place of residence with my assigned polling place. Why don't Republican States do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Fraud has nothing to do with photo ID laws. They exist only to suppress the vote. It is a created "problem" that doesn't exist. It is analogous to chasing ghosts.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It is disgusting, and I don't approve. I hope that people look at all sides of voter fraud and suppression. Here in NC, the Right has been very proactive in restricting or suppressing the vote of traditionally left-leaning demographics.

Focus specifically on the student vote, making nearly impossible for students to vote in the precinct where they live. (I went to ASU, so this one hit home to me. And even if you don't like the source, all of these were widely reported in NC. Google them if you have any doubts.)

North Carolina Republicans Escalate Attack on Student Voting | The Nation
Most students aren't from the area they try to vote in. Sorry, they have to vote in their HOME precinct.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:32 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I say the burden of proof is on you. It occurs in approximately 1 out of every 14.6 million votes. Good luck.

How does a photo ID prevent fraud?

My state mails my voter registration card (voter ID with no photo) annually to my place of residence with my assigned polling place. Why don't Republican States do this?

Fraud has nothing to do with photo ID laws. They exist only to suppress the vote. It is a created "problem" that doesn't exists. It is analogous to chasing ghosts.

Just what is it that the left have against insuring that only those qualified to vote do so, and that the people with the registration card are, in fact, identified as being that person?

Very strange, indeed. But telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies