Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:45 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He has a rep of being something of a Teacher's Pet...And that can cause resentment on a team.

But not black enough? They should name the players who said that or it's just more fodder for the conservative race baiting cannon.
Yes, the Seattle media is known as 'race baiting conservative artillery pieces.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 09:59 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Russell Wilson is a good role model, seems like a good guy, and is a great young quarterback.

Not being 'black enough' is a bunch of hot air. It reeks of jealousy. I did read Russell is 4th generation College, meaning he comes from a highly educated black family with strong values.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he voted Republican.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:04 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
I like Wilson... but I can see how he would get the teachers pet label in a football locker room

Old 10-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't suppose one could produce evidence to support the accusation. "Not black enough"--how do you prove that. Yet the accusation was made, and not just against Wilson, but against RG3. You can't prove it, and you can't defend against it. That's why it is the perfect ploy for the left.
There are about 5 things wrong with your statement.

The first one, and the most obvious one, is the dodge.

He asked you for evidence that someone said Wilson wasnt black enough. Not evidence that Wilson isnt black enough.

The second, we know who said RG3 wasnt black enough.

3rd, what does this have to do with left vs right ????

Old 10-23-2014, 10:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Anyone who says, opines, intimates or even hints at judging someone else's "blackness" or lack thereof is a racist gooftard. What-the-ever-living-fudge is the proper amount of "blackness"? Who invented the scale, what is the scale, what are its parameters, and who gets to judge Russel Wilson according to it?
Agreed tho "thug culture" seems to be the gold standard of being "Black enough" to some people of ANY race. The decent Black dudes and ladies who take care of business are called "acting white" and so on by hood rats.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
In spite of Skip Bayless being in this, watch this video. Stephen Smith lays it out.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Seems legit to me, Russell comes from a family similar to Jonathan Martin's, solidly upper middle class and successful before end of Jim Crow. They had certain standards of behavior that would be unfamiliar to the ghetto or backwater Blacks that dominate the NFL.

There used to be a running meme that compared Wilson's and Kaepernick's Instagram. The contrast was funny.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:50 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There are about 5 things wrong with your statement.

The first one, and the most obvious one, is the dodge.

He asked you for evidence that someone said Wilson wasnt black enough. Not evidence that Wilson isnt black enough.

The second, we know who said RG3 wasnt black enough.

3rd, what does this have to do with left vs right ????
There is no dodge. I don't have any evidence as to what was said. I'm just passing along a link and a report from a couple of journalists. You can choose to believe it or not. As far as 'left vs right,' that was a bit of a PUI, and I probably shouldn't have said that. But see post #6, where a poster says that
Quote:
it's just more fodder for the conservative race baiting cannon.
Why don't you ask that poster what this has to do with conservatism? In truth I think politics will inevitably figure into an issue like this. When the RG3 controversy came up, it was all over political talk shows. That's the only way I heard about it, because I don't follow or listen to anything about the NFL.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:02 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
anytime you hear the phrase "not black enough" its black people who initiated the statement not white conservatives

i'm black and i know this as fact. anytime a black or mixed "black" or adopted "black" doesnt act in a certain way or conform to what xyz thinks is "black" then they get labeled at minimum "not black enough" "uppity" etc then they venture out into the "sambo" and "uncle tom" or "house/porch-nnn" realm

white conservative and white liberals only say what they think whosoever wants to hear

Old 10-24-2014, 04:47 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,147 times
Default The NFL Seattle Seahawks Teammates Think Russell Wilson Isn't "Black Enough"--Give Me A Break!!!

Making millions of dollars and they're still whining....Talk about ingrats

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...204134070.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies