U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Way Does This Forum Lean... RIGHT or LEFT
Right 31 29.25%
Left 37 34.91%
Not Sure 7 6.60%
Middle of the Road 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:49 PM

20,100 posts, read 22,014,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Actually I much rather spend time with mature people that know that the world is not black and white and a lot more complicated than we'd like to think.
Good for you. Luckily, I'm not busy right now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 03:51 PM

5,142 posts, read 10,559,181 times

it must be my lucky day! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Good for you. Luckily, I'm not busy right now.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:07 PM

10,739 posts, read 32,827,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
While this is true in many cases, I find it interesting to see this written by someone who wants everyone who even looks at a female locked up as a sex offender.
Sorry but I don't get your point here, not sure what one has to do with the other.

AND your attempt to mis-state my opinion on sex offenders to undermine my position doesn't really work. I think your going to have to look a long way to find anyone on this board that sympathizes with the plight of sex offenders, unless of course they are in fact sex offenders.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 PM

19,183 posts, read 29,247,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think your going to have to look a long way to find anyone on this board that sympathizes with the plight of sex offenders, unless of course they are in fact sex offenders.
Well, I'm not a sex offender, and I don't endorse sex offenders. But I don't endorse phobic over-reactions to them either. Phobic over-reactions are in general a bad idea...

Old 01-03-2008, 07:24 PM

214 posts, read 442,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
There is a faction of militant left-leaning posters the likes of which I have never encountered in polite society!

Good observation there ,Spunky ! I have been called everything but a nice person . But it has been entertaining and fun .

Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 PM

214 posts, read 442,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I participate on some left wing forums. This is certainly not one of them.
I find this forum to be both right wing and seriously of the christian only view.
There are some religious who are downright lovely and open-minded, thoughtful and kind, generous of spirit, but they're the minority.
I find that most right wing people on this forum seem to be very "religious."

Everybody believes in a god, it's just that conservatives don't think they are one . Liberals think they came from slime or a god they can rule over, conservativs think they are divinely created and need guidance . Most foxholes have all conservaties in them .

Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 PM

19,183 posts, read 29,247,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
Most foxholes have all conservaties in them .
Well, that's a nice little talisman to carry around with you. The fact that it's horse-hockey probably won't matter...

Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 PM

Location: On another site. This one is lame :) Trying to give it a second chance though.
105 posts, read 58,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
Everybody believes in a god, it's just that conservatives don't think they are one . Liberals think they came from slime or a god they can rule over, conservativs think they are divinely created and need guidance . Most foxholes have all conservaties in them .
I hope you're not TOO upset when you finally realize it's not a name or a word, it's an acronym.

G.O.D.

Govern
Oppress
D
ominate

Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 PM

10,424 posts, read 46,149,693 times
Well I just put an accurate Starret level on top of my puter and the table it sits on and it is dead on level. I can assure you nothing here leans either way.

Oh and I dont need wings to fly. I can fly without them.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,159,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticalGab View Post
I hope you're not TOO upset when you finally realize it's not a name or a word, it's an acronym.

G.O.D.

Govern
Oppress
D
ominate
I thought it was Grand Old Delusion.

50/50 to the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies