Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 11:17 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Lmao!

Businesses don't create jobs. Demand creates jobs. Business owners aren't job creators.
I'd say Apple created quite a demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
Is she saying consumer spending creates jobs? So policies should be implemented that help contribute to consumer spending?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:54 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post

You are just spouting brainless Dem talking points. I created a job last week. Demand didn't do it. I created it...
Ok business owners create jobs but those jobs won't last without demand. Don't workers loose their jobs when there is a decline in the demand for the product or services that their jobs produced?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:58 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,598,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post

What was the demand for I-phones the month before Apple introduced them, when nobody knew what they were?

If you had a transportation focus group before the age of the automobile, it would have concluded that what we needed was faster horses.

You are just spouting brainless Dem talking points. I created a job last week. Demand didn't do it. I created it, because I believe that after a considerable investment in training, the new hire will add value in excess of his cost to my business--so that I can better serve the rest of society, by adding value to it in excess of my costs to them.

Failed demand stimulation exacerbated the Great Depression, AND the Great Recession. Meanwhile, endless demands get ladled onto the real job producers--mandates, counterproductive regs, stupid policies, government obstruction.
Apple researched and figured what demand would be when it introduced the iPhone.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post

Are you seriously arguing that most businesses would gladly create a job even if it meant their profit margins would suffer? Not very likely.
LOL, of course they wouldn't. Businesses are not social institutions. Man, people like you got things so backwards its no wonder Obama got into office.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Ok business owners create jobs but those jobs won't last without demand. Don't workers loose their jobs when there is a decline in the demand for the product or services that their jobs produced?
The real job creators are the middle class and working class. Their spending is what gets the economy going, which benefits everyone. But when median wage stagnates and gains in income/wealth is instead concentrated at the top percent of earners, this happens:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...1913-2008).svg

Notice anything?

Top earners (including corporations) are richer than they have ever been. They are not investing in new businesses or research and development.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That is incorrect. Very few jobs were created under GWB. There was a real estate boom, then bubble, then crash.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Yep... that's because Democrats thought it was a good idea to loan money to people who couldn't afford them. Democrats thought my cat was an asset. Boooooooosh tried warning Dems 17 times about the coming crash but Dems said he was crazy. The same as Democrats think welfare is an economic stimulus.... really? <sarcasm>

Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
The real job creators are the middle class and working class. Their spending is what gets the economy going, which benefits everyone. But when median wage stagnates and gains in income/wealth is instead concentrated at the top percent of earners, this happens:
If they create jobs why aren't they creating more jobs?

Old 10-28-2014, 09:15 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'd say Apple created quite a demand.

Innovation often does.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If they create jobs why aren't they creating more jobs?
The same reason why the economy isn't growing fast enough: Consumer spending is slower than any previous point in history. Although the middle class is not seeing any income gains, the standard of living is rising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies