Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 03:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I care because her statement of "Welp, God did it!" makes my blood boil. Because God had nothing to do with it. It's in incredible insult to all of the doctors, nurses, chemical engineers and medicinal experts (among others) and the centuries of research and medical advancement that made her recovery possible. Not only is it insulting, it's just plain stupid to boot.
So what about those who believe God allowed the medical profession to do the work they do and to find the cures they find?

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Ebola free nurse thanks God for her recovery, and atheists are reacting in a way that will make your blood boil

Ebola free nurse thanks God for her recovery, and atheists are reacting in a way that will make your blood boil | Young Conservatives

Why do they care?
Because they want to be "right".

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Did they thank God when they got the virus too ???????????
oh, that might have been the devil involved in that part.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Well, you've have to accept my apologies, but that's not good enough for me and for a lot of people.
Then go your own way. It's both of our rights. I, for one, have no desire to impress you with my beliefs or convince you of them.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:38 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Not any insult at all. We are working together to heal and cure. The centuries you refer to and the experts at least the ones that I know...we are all aware of a power beyond us.

My Doctors have thought so too as we've discussed at harrowing times in my life.
That's where they've given credit.

Did we make our own brains?

Old 10-25-2014, 03:40 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
It is absolutely insulting to all the people who've done the hard work to make treating and curing illnesses possible when the beneficiaries of that work heap praise onto their imaginary friend who apparently saw fit to cure them but not to prevent them from getting ill in the first place.

I find it annoying when people get credit for things I did, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So what about those who believe God allowed the medical profession to do the work they do and to find the cures they find?
They're hopelessly delusional?

Old 10-25-2014, 03:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
I care because her statement of "Welp, God did it!" makes my blood boil. Because God had nothing to do with it. It's in incredible insult to all of the doctors, nurses, chemical engineers and medicinal experts (among others) and the centuries of research and medical advancement that made her recovery possible. Not only is it insulting, it's just plain stupid to boot.
Why let it bother you? Why do you even care who she credits or what? I am no Christian, but I honestly don't let it bother me. I survived fire fights in war. My brothers would thank God, Jesus and anyone and everything else. I thanked my training. To each their own. This woman has survived an extremely nasty disease. She is entitled to credit whomever or whatever she wants. Perhaps she feels it was her God that gave man the ability to craft a cure.
Her beliefs are her business.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why let it bother you? Why do you even care who she credits or what? I am no Christian, but I honestly don't let it bother me. I survived fire fights in war. My brothers would thank God, Jesus and anyone and everything else. I thanked my training. To each their own. This woman has survived an extremely nasty disease. She is entitled to credit whomever or whatever she wants. Perhaps she feels it was her God that gave man the ability to craft a cure.
Her beliefs are her business.
Well said.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Well said.
What amazes me is that the CDC will send a team at the drop of hat to a developing nation, but when it's a citizen and here in the USA. Press 1 for English, an operator will return your call.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:56 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
She should thank her lucky stars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies