Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 07:20 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't say that. I would say some people just "make it their business" regarding who Blacks vote for out of anger.
I would never suggest Blacks should vote Republican because I don't agree with the GOP on most things. That said, watching Blacks fight/defend the Democrats so proudly makes me sad too. It's like watching someone you love smoke crack. You know it's going to destroy their life, but there's nothing you can do to stop them once they decide they want to do it. You basically just have to wash your hands of them & write them off. With luck, they'll get right & stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 09:03 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
To me it's not how many voted its about this belief that someone else will pull them out of poverty and hand them self respect. It's never going to happen and you can dance around this fact all day long with bs and canon fodder. The point remains until a majority of blacks start getting educated and teaching their kids ethics and moral standards nothing is going to change and even then it will take generations. The fact is driving a 70's Cadillac and pushing drugs is not a way of life that will give the anything they are looking for. Wearing your hat with the brim to the right and pants that don't fit isn't going to get them what they are looking for.. The list goes on and in but nobody wants to talk about it.. Nobody wants to have that hard conversation. Nobody wants to take a deep look inside since it's easier to blame everyone else for their condition. That,way there is no need to look in the mirror right? because it's not you..
There is so much generalization in this it is disgusting. First off, most Blacks are not driving 70s model Cadillacs and pushing drugs. You find mostly those who belong to the hood rat subculture doing that. Most Blacks are not going to go to an important job interview dressed like a hood rat.

It isn't that no one wants to talk about this. Bill Cosby talks about it. The problem is that there are those(and you are doing it) taking ills that the underclass segment of the Black population are doing, and applying it to the entire Black population. Bill Cosby talks specifically about the underclass causing problems and not acting right. He doesn't rant at the entire Black population. But from what you are writing, it is apparent that you thing most of the Black population is doing all of these things. The ones who take responsibility for themselves have voted with their feet and have gone as far away as possible from the underclass. The ones living in the ghettos acting stupid are often the ones who are left behind, and when those who live in the ghetto get themselves right, and in a position to be successful, many of them leave. There are

Old 10-27-2014, 10:09 AM

The way I see it, the vast majority of the complaints regarding who Blacks vote for have nothing to do with any actually care or concern for Black people. I believe it has much more to do with people caring about #1, themselves. Most people are looking out for #1 when they vote.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:22 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
And Republican have their own record of race baiting.

Republican Race-Baiting Will Come Back to Haunt Them - US News

By the way, making fun of blond hair is no where near the same as being Black. I can't change being Black. I'm Black until the day I die. Blond hair can be dyed. So your comparison is a straw man argument.
the author of your article is a noted LWNJ 'racism!!'-shrieker. no credibility.

Brad Bannon is president of Bannon Communications Research, a political polling and consulting firm which helps labor unions, progressive issue groups, and Democratic candidates win public affairs and political campaigns.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the author of your article is a noted LWNJ 'racism!!'-shrieker. no credibility.

Brad Bannon is president of Bannon Communications Research, a political polling and consulting firm which helps labor unions, progressive issue groups, and Democratic candidates win public affairs and political campaigns.
And sources you have posted have come from RWNJ's. So, to be honest, neither of us can come up with any non-biased sources.

And furthermore, if we talk about racial pandering, go to Reagan, who said this of Hispanics: "Hispanics are Republicans, they just don't know it".

Old 10-27-2014, 03:42 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
What I can't figure out is why Blacks don't join a party that represents them, instead of privileged White elites? If they formed their own party & attacked issues that meant something to their lives, Blacks could really be a force. Why not get after the privatized prison system, legalization, etc? Instead they seem content to act as house Negroes for the Democratic Party. Malcom X, the Black Panthers were on the right track. Demand that Black people leave the drugs & alcohol alone, demand that Black men take care of their children, demand that Black women have children when married, etc. Don't fall for the fallacy that the rich, White Liberal will take care of you. When the system fails your basic needs, take it into your own hands. When the school system fails your kids, start your own school. When your people don't have food to eat, start your own food shelves. When gangs/drugs are terrifying your neighborhood, police your own streets. F Walmart & Popeyes, patronize Black owned businesses. Keep the money in the neighborhood. It sounds so basic & logical, but it can't be achieved because so many poor Blacks have become slaves to the Democratic Party & have accepted their lot in life as the permanent underclass.
I agree with this except for the part of forming their own party. This is simply promoting the same racism that put them where they are today. It's about a common belief system not about skin color or race. Become conservative and help change the values that you disagree with such as privilege. I don't agree with where some of the Conservative party has changed over the years but I do strongly believe in the old idea that getting smart, working hard and developing core values benefits everyone and is how solid communities are made.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:54 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
There is so much generalization in this it is disgusting. First off, most Blacks are not driving 70s model Cadillacs and pushing drugs. You find mostly those who belong to the hood rat subculture doing that. Most Blacks are not going to go to an important job interview dressed like a hood rat.

It isn't that no one wants to talk about this. Bill Cosby talks about it. The problem is that there are those(and you are doing it) taking ills that the underclass segment of the Black population are doing, and applying it to the entire Black population. Bill Cosby talks specifically about the underclass causing problems and not acting right. He doesn't rant at the entire Black population. But from what you are writing, it is apparent that you thing most of the Black population is doing all of these things. The ones who take responsibility for themselves have voted with their feet and have gone as far away as possible from the underclass. The ones living in the ghettos acting stupid are often the ones who are left behind, and when those who live in the ghetto get themselves right, and in a position to be successful, many of them leave. There are
We are talking about changing the perception of an entire class of people that has been created, fairly or not, by the behavior of a subgroup of people within that class. I know a lot of very successful blacks but unfortunately, their success and the positive forward momentum these folks have made will always be over shadowed by this subgroup until they can change that perception. Like I said it's not fair but it is what it is...

Old 10-27-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
We are talking about changing the perception of an entire class of people that has been created, fairly or not, by the behavior of a subgroup of people within that class. I know a lot of very successful blacks but unfortunately, their success and the positive forward momentum these folks have made will always be over shadowed by this subgroup until they can change that perception. Like I said it's not fair but it is what it is...
Look, the underclass types are not going to change easily. Most Black people who are trying to make it are also trying to separate themselves from the underclass hood rat types. You don't tell someone who isn't acting like a hood rat not to act like a hood rat. The person you should be telling that to won't even listen to a fellow Black(perfect example is Bill Cosby). I don't care if it is what it is. It affects me. It is disgusting the kind of generalization that takes place. You place blame on the persons who are actually perpetuating that behavior, not the entire group. Why should a person who isn't perpetuating those behavior be lumped in with the hood rats? I don't care "what is". I only care about "why should it be that way"?

And furthermore, what do you want? Successful Blacks are doing their part, and are trying to get as far away from hood rats as possible.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Look, the underclass types are not going to change easily. Most Black people who are trying to make it are also trying to separate themselves from the underclass hood rat types. You don't tell someone who isn't acting like a hood rat not to act like a hood rat. The person you should be telling that to won't even listen to a fellow Black(perfect example is Bill Cosby). I don't care if it is what it is. It affects me. It is disgusting the kind of generalization that takes place. You place blame on the persons who are actually perpetuating that behavior, not the entire group. Why should a person who isn't perpetuating those behavior be lumped in with the hood rats? I don't care "what is". I only care about "why should it be that way"?

And furthermore, what do you want? Successful Blacks are doing their part, and are trying to get as far away from hood rats as possible.
IMHO the "hood rat" thing will follow the "Shanty Irish" thing into history in at least your lifetime.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO the "hood rat" thing will follow the "Shanty Irish" thing into history in at least your lifetime.
Maybe. How it will fade leaves alot to wonder. Hood rat behavior has been around for ages. However, with World Star Hip Hop, being a hood rat gets a person views and attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies