Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 11:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No actually conservative beliefs are that society has a moral obligation to care for the vulnerable. The conservative Heritage Foundation came up with the idea of mandating health insurance, because it is more "responsible" and more cost-efficient.

That doesn't play well to your "greed is good" narrative.
Now only if the left's belief would be that people should be responsible for themselves unless a "very good" reason. Instead, we have too many dead beats that could care less how the middle class is busting their ass to pay their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 11:44 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Exactly. I hope the GOP keeps doing what they're doing. They'll never win another presidential election at this rate.
So you admit it's desirable to keep as many Blacks as possible dumb and poor, à la the Democrats. Interesting...

Quote:
Rural whites vote for Republicans. That's not working out too well for them, but they keep doing it.
It's working out better for them than it is for central city poor Dem voters. Look at the poverty rates by residence area type:

http://www.irp.wisc.edu/faqs/faq3/Figure2.png

The areas with the highest poverty rates are cities (excluding their suburbs), not rural areas.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 10-29-2014 at 12:23 PM..

Old 10-29-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If you are waiting for a politician of any stripe to not "ignore" you, which I'm guessing implies they should DO something for you/owe you something, I think you found the problem. Solutions come from within, not waiting for someone else to do something/do the heavy lifting for you or me.
Excellent post steve. Anyone who waits for someone else to do what needs to be done will remain poor.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:45 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, really? Oh that's right, you think government has money growing on trees. No, they get money from hard working American people. They need the same thing as household

Income / Revenue: (taxes)
Expenses: Studying shrimp running on a treadmill, dead beats, and the list of waste goes on

Assets: What they own that produces money (the American middle class)
Liabilities: long term debt that suck up the revenues (like interest on debt)

Cash Flow
No, they don't.

Governments issue currency. Households use currency. Governments issue currency with the stroke of a keyboard. You earn income. As hard as you work, you will never create a U.S. dollar out of thin air.

Government liabilities are private sector assets. If the government creates a debt, that dollar is in the private sector. Money is debt. This is double-entry bookkeeping.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So you admit it's desirable to keep as many Blacks as possible dumb and poor, à lathe Democrats. Interesting...

It's working out better for them than it is for central city poor Dem voters. Look at the poverty rates by residence area type:

The areas with the highest poverty rates are cities (excluding their suburbs), not rural areas.
The suburbs bore me.
-- Barack Obama

Thank god the suburbs bore Obama

Old 10-29-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
AND again, what are YOU doing to get the 38% of the WHITES off Welfare.
Voting for politicians who won't stagnate the economy like Obama and the Dems have done. That will help everyone, not just Whites.

President Obama's Recovery Is Now $1.3 Trillion Below Average

Old 10-29-2014, 11:49 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
So you admit it's desirable to keep as many Blacks as possible dumb and poor, à lathe Democrats. Interesting...
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.

Quote:

It's not drastically different. Rural areas also receive lots of welfare in the form of SNAP and farm subsidies.

Quote:
Now only if the left's belief would be that people should be responsible for themselves unless a "very good" reason. Instead, we have too many dead beats that could care less how the middle class is busting their ass to pay their way.
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:

You are proud of a 3 point spread ??????

Old 10-29-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Which again, Black people live in red states, your side is the one governing and failing.
Wrong. Think about the federal Democrat who sued to take away the school vouchers a GOP Governor gave them so they could choose a better education.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:52 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
You know,... I thought about this too. He's been good for my pocketbook but it's my family (middle class) that is getting killed and has me worried. I help but with the government grab, it's hurt my ability to help more.
Exactly my thoughts. I hate that my kids and their future kids will have to pay for those Trillions he gave to his rich fat cat buddies on Wall Street. I´m 7 figures richer since Odummy took office but I would rather have less and not put a huge debt on future generations like he´s done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies