Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 11:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, no it does not. It points to Republicans avoiding reaching out to Blacks. Republicans have reached out to Hispanics, but not Blacks in the last 30 years. That to me tells me the Republicans really don't care what concerns Blacks actually have. I never once said Democrats were better. I said that if the Republicans want Black votes, they can reach out to Blacks they way they did for Hispanics.

I bring this up because people seem to complain about Blacks and who they vote for as if it is the public's business who Blacks vote for. Personally, my vote, my business. Don't like that Blacks are voting for Democrats, I suggest doing something about it besides constant complaints.
Oh for gods sake. Why don't you reach out to whites? Instead you spread your hate of whitey.

You obviously don't care about our concerns... Like voting for the idiot in office. All you were concerned about was getting the black man in office. To hell what he did to the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 11:36 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Conservatives have, in the past tried to reach out and were attacked by liberal elites because you are their voting base. Conservatives could reach out more bit I'll challenge you to reach out as well. You realize that Obama is going to legalize millions and millions of illegals that will DESTROY the black communities job base right? Yet, you vote for him. Stop and listen to the message not the person. The very people you vote for does concern me because it affects the entire country. And if you don't think blacks and other minorities vote for more entitlements your being completely dishonest with yourself.
And guess what. Bush ignored Blacks. Got a lower amount of Black votes than Dole did. And it kept on, but he had no problem getting a larger Hispanic vote.

At least you understand that Republicans could do more as far as reaching out to Blacks. If the Republicans decide to reach out to Blacks more, then maybe Blacks will reach to them more in reciprocation. If Republicans want more Blacks votes, listen more, stop assuming that all Blacks want are freebies.

And as for the "entitlements", I never once said there weren't minorities who wanted those things. However, alot of people are speaking of this as if this is what the whole of the Black population wants, or that is all Blacks really want. It is a fallacious assumption. A segment of the Black population wants that, and we all know what that segment is.

And what "Black community"? I never once said I was in favor of illegal immigration. Fact is, both parties are to blame for letting illegal immigration get out of control. Reagan was the first to do amnesty. Bush supported amnesty. And this is the cynic in me speaking, but this is just the way I see it. There is still job discrimination taking place. There are those on this forum who have said that certain business owners would rather not hire Blacks because "they cause too much trouble". Would I be in favor of stopping illegal immigration? Yes. That said, I don't think it will instantly give Black people jobs on the get go. There are still those who have a bias. I'm not saying everyone is like that. I'm saying it is still there.

And something else, my vote is no one's business but mine. I don't ask who my neighbor votes for, and I keep my vote to myself. I feel like many people who keep complain about Blacks and their voting patterns are just angry and taking it out on Blacks. Truth is, if you really have a problem with who Blacks vote for, complaining about it won't stop Black people from voting for the candidate of their choice. If anything, hearing someone complain about my vote is going to make me spiteful.

Truth is, this is how it goes. It is a matter of voting for the person who gives you lip service vs the person who ignores you. Neither at the moment is showing much concern, but the one who pretends to care is the one who gets the vote.

Truth is, the Black middle class would actually be a good place to start if one wants to get more Blacks into the GOP. IMHO, that is the most ignored segment of the Black population.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
And guess what. Bush ignored Blacks. Got a lower amount of Black votes than Dole did. And it kept on, but he had no problem getting a larger Hispanic vote.

At least you understand that Republicans could do more as far as reaching out to Blacks. If the Republicans decide to reach out to Blacks more, then maybe Blacks will reach to them more in reciprocation. If Republicans want more Blacks votes, listen more, stop assuming that all Blacks want are freebies.

And as for the "entitlements", I never once said there weren't minorities who wanted those things. However, alot of people are speaking of this as if this is what the whole of the Black population wants, or that is all Blacks really want. It is a fallacious assumption. A segment of the Black population wants that, and we all know what that segment is.

And what "Black community"? I never once said I was in favor of illegal immigration. Fact is, both parties are to blame for letting illegal immigration get out of control. Reagan was the first to do amnesty. Bush supported amnesty. And this is the cynic in me speaking, but this is just the way I see it. There is still job discrimination taking place. There are those on this forum who have said that certain business owners would rather not hire Blacks because "they cause too much trouble". Would I be in favor of stopping illegal immigration? Yes. That said, I don't think it will instantly give Black people jobs on the get go. There are still those who have a bias. I'm not saying everyone is like that. I'm saying it is still there.

And something else, my vote is no one's business but mine. I don't ask who my neighbor votes for, and I keep my vote to myself. I feel like many people who keep complain about Blacks and their voting patterns are just angry and taking it out on Blacks. Truth is, if you really have a problem with who Blacks vote for, complaining about it won't stop Black people from voting for the candidate of their choice. If anything, hearing someone complain about my vote is going to make me spiteful.

Truth is, this is how it goes. It is a matter of voting for the person who gives you lip service vs the person who ignores you. Neither at the moment is showing much concern, but the one who pretends to care is the one who gets the vote.

Truth is, the Black middle class would actually be a good place to start if one wants to get more Blacks into the GOP. IMHO, that is the most ignored segment of the Black population.
Oh poor baby, you feel ignored. And the politicians listen to us LOLOLOL

Old 10-31-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh for gods sake. Why don't you reach out to whites? Instead you spread your hate of whitey.

You obviously don't care about our concerns... Like voting for the idiot in office. All you were concerned about was getting the black man in office. To hell what he did to the country.

Really?

1) When did I spew any hatred about White people? When did I even mention White people?
2) Since when has anyone cared about the concerns of Blacks in the last 30 years?
3) If you can't point out where I have spread any hatred of White people, consider this. I can pull up where you constantly complain and spread hatred about Blacks. By that standard, on your part, that is hypocrisy.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh poor baby, you feel ignored. And the politicians listen to us LOLOLOL
I'm not surprised by that response. I notice that the things I said were not refuted. The only things this response tell me is...

1) That there is only disagreement with the statement, not a dissection and refuting of the argument.
2) The tone of the response displays poor decorum when one comes to disagree with a statement, but cannot refute it.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Nothing's going to change with their voting. Blacks were dependent on their Democrat slave owners, the republicans freed them, and now they're dependent on the Democrat dole outs today.
Actually, that happened nearly 150 years ago. What about the last 50 years? That is what we are discussing. I would recommend coming up with more current things.

If nothing is going to change, let me give you an example. George Voinovich, White, Republican, once the mayor of Cleveland, a majority-Black city. He actually reached out, listened to what Black voters had to say. He got alot of Black votes. He did well in majority-Black wards. He played an important role in getting more Blacks into the police force. Sounds like more Republicans should follow Voinovich's lead.

And referring to Democrats as "slave owners" and the "plantation", that is basically a form as race baiting. Interesting that people love accusing Democrats of race-baiting, but referring to Blacks as "slaves" and using terms like "plantation" is just a covert, but visible way of race baiting.

If there is an issue with Blacks voting for a certain candidate, complaining isn't going to solve the problem. What course of action are you going to take besides constantly talking about it?

Old 10-31-2014, 05:38 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Actually, no it does not. It points to Republicans avoiding reaching out to Blacks.
As I said, no R or D politician/party ever reached out to me, nor do I expect them to. You're a fool if you're depending on a politicians' lies on which to base your vote. They'll all blatantly lie right to your face just to get your vote.

Have Blacks not learned their lesson by voting Democrat all these years?

Chicago Activists Unchained, Destroy Black Leadership - YouTube

Old 10-31-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
And you assume all Blacks want are freebies?
You're making it MORE than clear that you expect Blacks to be pandered to.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Nothing's going to change with their voting. Blacks were dependent on their Democrat slave owners, the republicans freed them, and now they're dependent on the Democrat dole outs today.
Interesting point...

Old 11-01-2014, 10:04 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
Blacks, for the most part, have become last years Christmas present. Sure, both parties will continue to pander to them, keep affirmative action in place for a few more years, but their time as past. The new majority, Hispanics, owe them nothing and have no "slave guilt" so stand by when they take over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies