Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,871 times

Advertisements

well they should be afraid. they offered nothing for the last 8 years except a severly flawed
healthcare program.

read:
House Democrats Fear GOP Wave That Will Sink Party for Years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 11:13 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Yeah they should have never taken the heritage foundation plan implemented by Romney as a basis for it. They should have just tried to get universal healthcare. (no im not being sarcastic).

But yeah I expect the GOP will struggle along until their inability to represent the majority reaches a critical point as a result of changing demographics.

The next presidential election will be vital

Old 10-28-2014, 11:16 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
They offered a great deal more actually. Starting with a massive tax increase on the middle-class and lower incomes in January 2009, followed with spending trillions on "shovel ready jobs" which turned out to be a deliberate lie, followed by spending more than $26,000 for every junker they bought in their taxpayer-paid "Cash for Clunkers" scam. All of that occurred before they royally screwed over Americans with ObamaCare.

This always happens whenever Democrats are put in control of Congress. Before 2008 it happened in 1993-1994, and from 1976 to 1980. It is no coincidence that whenever there is a financial crisis and an economy crippled by recession, Democrats are always in control.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:22 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
well they should be afraid. they offered nothing for the last 8 years except a severly flawed
healthcare program.

read:
Again (and again) it's ain't over until the fat lady sings. Don't take anything for granted. VOTE!

Having said that, it does look like the GOP is going to do well next week.

Also having said that, they had better get their freakin' act together, find some decent candidates for 2016, quit sayin' stupid and come up a one page plan filled with details to fix the things that need fixing. If they don't do that, then they're screwed in 2016. And so are we.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-28-2014 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: profanity

Old 10-28-2014, 11:37 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
So I am a Republican Conservative (note that Republican comes before Conservative in how i say that)

I want my party to win. I’m good with my party being a big tent of moderates and conservatives.

That being said, I do NOT in any way see this election as the death Nell for democrats.

Even if it is a "wave" election that sweeps Republicans to big numbers in the House and control of the Senate, I do NOT see it as a "sea change election"

First of all, at this point, I see democrat voters as fed up with their own party not doing much of anything in the senate, and feeling like Obama is not a good manager. They aren’t happy with some things like the perceived confusion over how the Ebola issue is being handled, the ISIS Crisis (that was fun to type) and other foreign policy issues.

I believe they also see him as mishandling the economy because of his perceived management lapses.

What I DO NOT see is Democrat voters making a connection between the Democrat policies that have been enacted, and what they see as economic instability and international chaos.

What I DO NOT see from the Republican party is any association between democrat policy and what democrat voters are unhappy about.

So they may stay home, or even “protest vote” but there is no ideology change that would warrant worry by democrats over their party falling apart.

The beating the Republicans took when Obama ran the first time, was very nearly a “sea change” political wave. In fact, while voters are turning on Obama, the National Republican Party remains in such disarray that they cannot take this opportunity to convince voters that the issue is a policy issue and not a failed management issue.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:47 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,277,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So I am a Republican Conservative (note that Republican comes before Conservative in how i say that)

I want my party to win. I’m good with my party being a big tent of moderates and conservatives.

That being said, I do NOT in any way see this election as the death Nell for democrats.

Even if it is a "wave" election that sweeps Republicans to big numbers in the House and control of the Senate, I do NOT see it as a "sea change election"

First of all, at this point, I see democrat voters as fed up with their own party not doing much of anything in the senate, and feeling like Obama is not a good manager. They aren’t happy with some things like the perceived confusion over how the Ebola issue is being handled, the ISIS Crisis (that was fun to type) and other foreign policy issues.

I believe they also see him as mishandling the economy because of his perceived management lapses.

What I DO NOT see is Democrat voters making a connection between the Democrat policies that have been enacted, and what they see as economic instability and international chaos.

What I DO NOT see from the Republican party is any association between democrat policy and what democrat voters are unhappy about.

So they may stay home, or even “protest vote†but there is no ideology change that would warrant worry by democrats over their party falling apart.

The beating the Republicans took when Obama ran the first time, was very nearly a “sea change†political wave. In fact, while voters are turning on Obama, the National Republican Party remains in such disarray that they cannot take this opportunity to convince voters that the issue is a policy issue and not a failed management issue.
You've written up a very sensible post here.... its always a novelty to me to find the occasional crumb of common sense in the political forum!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
healthcare program.

read:
I'm not getting overly confident. The democrats were successful in lighting the fires of the ignorant who actually bought into HOPE & CHANGE. For some all it took was an Obamaphone.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
they had better get their freakin' act together, find some decent candidates for 2016, quit sayin' stupid, and come up a one page plan filled with details to fix the things that need fixing. If they don't do that, then they're screwed in 2016. And so are we.
Yep. People seem to forget that the pendulum swings *both* ways.

After two more years of government by tantrum, the people will be sick of the GOP.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-28-2014 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 10-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
healthcare program.

read:
Republicans have controlled the House for 4 of those 8 years you are claiming.

Basically your article claims republicans are blaming Democrats for Republican inactivity.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:55 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
We're being set up just like we were 6 years ago and 14 years ago. They say what the polls are, then the outcomes are what they want with strange shifts in voting nobody foresaw. Apparently they want the GOP to win this time around and Obama is following his pre ordained destiny as a flunky stooge who will now be the patsy fall guy to pin all the country's trouble on. But they'll want a stooge again in the White House in 2014 and that is Hillary. But all bases are covered, Jeb and Christie are there just in case. Romney possibly although they'd have a harder time controlling him and would have to pay him more.
Obama isn't just a stooge, he's the biggest phony we've seen ever in politics. He was put in office so he's benefitted from the game and now he's got to take the bad with the good. I doubt he even cares beyond his ego taking a bruising at being ridiculed.
Vote. It matters on the local level but not much higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies