Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 11:00 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
he is not deflecting at all, you want people without firearms and to use martial arts to protect themselves and to stop being cowards. guess you do not like people in wheelchairs or amputees to be able to protect themselves. it will be hard for someone bound to a wheelchair or missing limbs to use martial arts for self protection.

guess you include these people in your coward group.
I am talking about able body people. Why can't we talk about them instead of changing the subject to those that are disabled. Where did this even come from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 11:02 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am talking about able body people. Why can't we talk about them instead of changing the subject to those that are disabled. Where did this even come from

you are counting everyone in your group, and i consider disabled people including myself to be able bodied people.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You and others suggest that everyone should
be able to defend themselves unarmed. No?
Ok, you know what's been in the news...people killing someone they are afraid of and none of them have been handicapped. So explain that and show me the stats on this.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:06 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:

OK, now we're gettin' down to some hair splitting.
Who determines what "able body" means.

This is just stupid anyway.
Why should anyone be subjected to criminal
attack without the right to armed self-defense?
Because your type doesn't like guns?

Old 10-30-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Ok, you know what's been in the news...people killing someone they are afraid of and none of them have been handicapped. So explain that and show me the stats on this.

I have been posting, and I took 2 lives in self defense in the early 90's and I am considered handicapped.
I am even allowed to have a handicap sticker for my vehicles, I just do not get one.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
OK, now we're gettin' down to some hair splitting.
Who determines what "able body" means.

This is just stupid anyway.
Why should anyone be subjected to criminal
attack without the right to armed self-defense?
Because your type doesn't like guns?
I have no type. I am just saying to use something other than a gun to defend yourself. Look at the criminal cases where people have used guns to defend themselves. Some are spending a lifetime sentence for shooting someone. If you guys want to go out and kill someone than that's up to your but don't complain about the consequences.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I have no type. I am just saying to use something other than a gun to defend yourself. Look at the criminal cases where people have used guns to defend themselves. Some are spending a lifetime sentence for shooting someone. If you guys want to go out and kill someone than that's up to your but don't complain about the consequences.

no consequences for me, I did not even miss a night sleep over it. was declared self defense and that was that.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:15 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:

No, I don't wanna go out and kill someone.
Are you insane?

Old 10-30-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
no consequences for me, I did not even miss a night sleep over it. was declared self defense and that was that.
What are you talking about. Did you kill someone

Old 10-30-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about. Did you kill someone

yes, 2 times in self defense in the early 1990's, my room mate and i both used firearms to protect ourselves. also in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies