Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:46 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Did I miss something? Has there been some new push by Republicans to create new tax cuts for the .01%? Would love to read that bill. Post it here.
Paul Ryan Budget.

(You know... the guy you wanted to elect as VP in 2012 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Republicans aren't going to be giving the rich any more tax cuts anytime soon. The catastrophe of income inequality is worse than at any time in our history and the rich are getting richer and richer and richer. Any push they give to giving the rich more tax cuts will not bode favorably come election time.
Than explain why the Paul Ryan Budget, which cuts taxes on the upper incomes in exchange for across the board cuts in social programs, passed the House?

Don't tell me you support the GOP, yet don't know their economic platform....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
"Why the wealthy does not need tax cuts."

They're better at grammar than the non-wealthy and deserve a break.
Your petty attack on the OP's grammar indicates you have nothing better to argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
It's never enough with you people. You just don't get it. Sooner or later, you will run out of other people's money. When will your side get up and fight the good fight. Cut the EBT down, reduce unemployment benefits, whack as many social programs as possible and cut the government payroll by 30 percent.

Eliminate waste and then there will be PLENTY of money to lend, plenty to invest in infrastructure.....you answer to YOUR problems is tax someone else. It's a failure from the start.

I'm not rich. Not even close and this year the AMT might kick in. Capiche? Regardless, the LAST thing I want to do is to tax ANYONE to help me out. I'll do fine. I keep clawing away at other opportunities and one will hit. If, for whatever reason, they do not, it's no one's fault but my own.

When will your people realize YOU are responsible for your well being, not some ******* down the road. Make your own day "go bedduh" and quit looking to steal other people's cash.
So you'd rather cut the government by 30% (laying off thousands of workers and increasing national poverty) than make the people profiting off the government pay more in taxes? That's a pretty **** poor proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Lying
A fallacy of reasoning that depends on intentionally saying something that is known to be false.

Suppressed Evidence
Intentionally failing to use information suspected of being relevant and significant is committing the fallacy of suppressed evidence. This fallacy usually occurs when the information counts against one’s own conclusion.

Denying the Antecedent
You are using this fallacy if you deny the antecedent of a conditional and then suppose that doing so is a sufficient reason for denying the consequent

The evidence you suppressed is right there.

Why don't you explain it to everyone?

And that is something else you will adamantly refuse to define objectively in no uncertain terms, just like "Living Wage" (snicker).

Challenging...

Mircea
Actually, the OP addressed those points in this thread. Ironically you didn't quote that part.

Challenging.... whom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 06:46 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do those of you, who defend the wealth made off the backs of the rest of us, believe that if you defend them, they will like you and you will be "cool?"
You know, when I worked for a wealthy person it was because I wanted the money more than I wanted the time. I showed up because I thought I was getting the better end of the deal. And when I first bought software from Bill Gate's company and a computer from Michael Dell's company, I received far more value and wealth-creating productivity than the price I paid for the software and the computer.

Those wealthy people got wealthy by serving me. Understanding that has been hugely valuable to me: it showed me the path to make wealth for myself--by serving others, by being of value to the rest of society. Started with nothing, worth more than a million now. You might improve your own position, and the rest of society, if you learned the same lesson.

Now, if I was some kind of pigeon that only did business with people who are screwing me, I might feel exactly like you do. But I am not a pigeon, and I only spend money when I value the purchased items or services more than the money. I guess you just throw your money around??

Old 10-26-2014, 06:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You don't understand the process of wealth redistribution. Actually, there is no such thing as trickle down, only trickle up.
Cite for me ONE town that has trickled up out of poverty through government programs like welfare.

I'll wait, thank you!!

Old 10-26-2014, 06:51 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Your petty attack on the OP's grammar indicates you have nothing better to argue.
While I agree with you....I also have to say the thread title has been driving me nuts every time I see it.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Cite for me ONE town that has trickled up out of poverty through government programs like welfare.

I'll wait, thank you!!
....pretty much every rural town in the country. Never heard of rural assistance programs?

Old 10-26-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You know, when I worked for a wealthy person it was because I wanted the money more than I wanted the time. I showed up because I thought I was getting the better end of the deal. And when I first bought software from Bill Gate's company and a computer from Michael Dell's company, I received far more value and wealth-creating productivity than the price I paid for the software and the computer.

Those wealthy people got wealthy by serving me. Understanding that has been hugely valuable to me: it showed me the path to make wealth for myself--by serving others, by being of value to the rest of society. Started with nothing, worth more than a million now. You might improve your own position, and the rest of society, if you learned the same lesson.

Now, if I was some kind of pigeon that only did business with people who are screwing me, I might feel exactly like you do. But I am not a pigeon, and I only spend money when I value the purchased items or services more than the money. I guess you just throw your money around??
Get over yourself and get over money.

Money is made up. It only has intrinsic value by law. There are more things to life than money. Heck, greed and gluttony are sins, yet the holier than thou Republicans endorse greed to the fullest. Hypocrisy.

This is the 21st century. People don't actually give a damn how much money others have. The one's that do end up miserable. It probably explains why the average American male is trending heavily towards fat, broke, overworked, stupid, and angry as hell.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

I'll wait, thank you!!
Right after you cite me ONE town that trickled up out of poverty through tax cuts for the wealthy.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:57 PM

How are tax cuts working for us since 1981?

Let's give more money to the wealthy... great idea!

Old 10-26-2014, 06:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Wealth disparity between the wealthy and the rest of us converges during recessions. Hopefully the wealth gap will continue to grow.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Adam Hartung | Beyond the Debate – Common Economic Misconceptions vs. Reality

Who is really the best for the economy ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies