Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:07 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times

Advertisements

What she actually said was...

And don't let anybody tell you, that, you know, it's corporations and businesses that create jobs. You know, that old theory, trickle-down economics. That has been tried. That has failed. That has failed rather spectacularly.

What is it the right has against context? Certainly one can argue with her position...but she will have a lot of agreement to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 11:09 AM

893 posts, read 886,091 times
The key to this election will be people just showing up.

too many were influenced negatively towards Romney by the media attack machine and just stayed home. That's the big difference. The left will come out in droves and back up WHOEVER the left throws out there.

The right is finicky and won't typically vote for someone they aren't in love with. Particularly Libertarians.

THAT HAS TO CHANGE. Who ever is nominated by the right has to be supported at the ballot box. Period. I lean much more Libertarian but I will vote for ANYONE but a Dem until further notice. We all need to if we want a chance.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:11 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
The key to this election will be people just showing up.

too many were influenced negatively towards Romney by the media attack machine and just stayed home. That's the big difference. The left will come out in droves and back up WHOEVER the left throws out there.

The right is finicky and won't typically vote for someone they aren't in love with. Particularly Libertarians.

THAT HAS TO CHANGE. Who ever is nominated by the right has to be supported at the ballot box. Period. I lean much more Libertarian but I will vote for ANYONE but a Dem until further notice. We all need to if we want a chance.
The Repubs likely get smashed in 2016. Barring a huge disaster or economic break it will be a disastrous year for the right. Everything is going right for Clinton. I would think her only real problem would be a Democrat challenger or health.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:12 AM

893 posts, read 886,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
What she actually said was...

And don't let anybody tell you, that, you know, it's corporations and businesses that create jobs. You know, that old theory, trickle-down economics. That has been tried. That has failed. That has failed rather spectacularly.

What is it the right has against context? Certainly one can argue with her position...but she will have a lot of agreement to it.
Trickle down/Capitalism has not failed. We still live in the greatest country in the history of the world. It has prospered. It has prospered spectacularly.

Nothing that the left wants to turn us into has EVER succeeded anywhere in the world. EVER.

And don't try to bring in Northern European countries that are nothing compared to the US in size. Nothing alike in economies. (oil etc that floats all their boats) and not to mention need for a military. Remember, we protect THEM.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:18 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Hillary is not a Clinton Democrat. Who knew?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:18 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_Smith View Post
She's just out collecting votes from the mindless liberals. Nothing to see here....
If republicans dont present a candidate with a clear vision of conservative principles clearly presented to the American people, if they present Sarah Palin or Mitt Romney, for example, then we will be subject to 8 years of Hilliary.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If businesses create jobs, then all we have to do to eliminate unemployment is to create a bunch of businesses. I see a Nobel Prize in my future.
I'm curious, who exactly employs you, if not a business?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
If republicans dont present a candidate with a clear vision of conservative principles clearly presented to the American people, if they present Sarah Palin or Mitt Romney, for example, then we will be subject to 8 years of Hilliary.
So once again, its the Republicans fault Democrats elect someone with dumb ideas..

Old 10-27-2014, 11:27 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Default Hillary Clinton: Corporations and businesses don’t create jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Hilary is correct. Since 1979 American business has destroyed 17 million industrial jobs and as robots become available to do routine service jobs they will probably apply this new technology to eliminate 30-50 million more American jobs . Robots are cheaper than Chinese labor you know.
The Government is made up almost entirely of robots - biological ones!

I've talked to them;

I've seen them on TV.

They're everywhere!

And, some of them, they work here!

Old 10-27-2014, 11:28 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The Repubs likely get smashed in 2016. Barring a huge disaster or economic break it will be a disastrous year for the right. Everything is going right for Clinton. I would think her only real problem would be a Democrat challenger or health.

Right for Clinton would be time in a federal prison for treason. Remember BENGHAZI? That sh** stain doesn't just go away and she will wear it the rest of her days. It may as well be called "The Sh**stain Letter".
She lied in congressional hearings and tried to sweep it under the rug with "What does it matter?"

She should go boating with Robert Wagner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies