Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:25 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times

Advertisements

She's a good Democrat; attack actual creators of wealth and prosperity, get everyone on the dole or working for the government. The entire Democrat economic agenda in a nutshell.

Works wonders for France, we should definitely copy it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 01:26 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Default Corporations Don't Create American Jobs

She can thank her Husband and NAFTA for that.

Say NO to Billary in 2016!

Old 10-27-2014, 01:45 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes demand is required but you cant create a demand without people having money, and people cant make money without employers.

I know you guys like to believe welfare creates a demand, but I have yet to hear of one town that stimulated their way to growth with a high percentage of the population receiving it.

Four Types of Government Business Enterprises | eHow

In addition to federally owned corporations, many states, municipalities and Indian tribes also own corporations
No, again you are putting the cart before the horse. People get money from creating wealth. If there is no demand, there is no wealth. Wealth is a product of providing a demanded product or service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Wrong!

Individuals have been exchanging products and services of economic value without currency for all of time. Ever heard of barter? Currency merely makes it easier to express value. It is not required to create or sustain an economy.

You still have not addressed how a government can attach value to a currency without conscripting either wealth or labor from individuals.
Good luck trying to barter. Trade me your car for my car. Think that will work without a Bill of Sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You mentioned barter which is the only manner to express value. What will you give me for X?

Currency is an IOU issued by the federal reserve. A 10 year old car is worth more to it's owner than the dollar amount KBB assigns it. Currency aside...what will you give me for it?
When does Uncle Sam get his cut?

Old 10-27-2014, 02:19 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
With a central bank printing money, government theft is less direct.

Or, more precisely, the theft is time-delayed.
Yes, definitely. I should have said taxation or inflation.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:37 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...and here I thought she was a smart woman.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At a Democratic rally Friday in Massachusetts, Hillary Clinton’s attempt to attack “trickle-down economics,” resulted in a spectacularly odd statement, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

Clinton defended raising the minimum wage saying “Don’t let anybody tell you that raising the minimum wage will kill jobs, they always say that.”

She went on to state that businesses and corporations are not the job creators of America. “Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs,” the former Secretary of State said.

Hillary Clinton: Corporations and businesses don
Do you honestly believe that Hilary Clinton believes businesses don't create jobs?

(She made a mistake in her speech.) And yet republicans nationwide rally around this mistake, and then say its what she really believes.

Can you get any liberal in this forum to say businesses don't create jobs? NO, and Hilary made a mistake.

And her speech was also taken out of context. After her mistake in her speech she says "more tax cuts for the top, and tax cuts to corporations that ship jobs overseas." (She was talking about these corporations not creating American jobs.)

OOPS- Hillary Clinton:

Republicans give tax cuts to corporations that ship jobs overseas (and they block any law to stop it.)

Senate Republicans block bill to end tax breaks for outsourcing | TheHill
Republicans fight to keep tax breaks for companies moving jobs overseas

And republicans give tax cuts to the rich, and not the middle class.

GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor

Old 10-27-2014, 03:04 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...and here I thought she was a smart woman.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At a Democratic rally Friday in Massachusetts, Hillary Clinton’s attempt to attack “trickle-down economics,” resulted in a spectacularly odd statement, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

Clinton defended raising the minimum wage saying “Don’t let anybody tell you that raising the minimum wage will kill jobs, they always say that.”

She went on to state that businesses and corporations are not the job creators of America. “Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs,” the former Secretary of State said.

Hillary Clinton: Corporations and businesses don
Then Hilary Clinton said, “Don’t let anybody tell you that raising the minimum wage will kill jobs, they always say that.”

And the majority of economists agree with Hilary's above statement.

"The opinion of the economics profession on the impact of the minimum wage has shifted significantly over the past fifteen years. Today, the most rigorous research shows little evidence of job reductions from a higher minimum wage.......the weight of the evidence points to little or no effect of minimum wage increases on job growth."
The Job Loss Myth | Raise The Minimum Wage

In fact, "In 2014, a comprehensive study found that job creation within the United States is faster within states that raised their minimum wage. In 2014, the state with the highest minimum wage in the nation, Washington, garnered more job creation than the rest of the United States."

Minimum wage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-27-2014, 03:05 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
What she actually said was...

And don't let anybody tell you, that, you know, it's corporations and businesses that create jobs. You know, that old theory, trickle-down economics. That has been tried. That has failed. That has failed rather spectacularly.

What is it the right has against context? Certainly one can argue with her position...but she will have a lot of agreement to it.
What is it with the left that they have a knee jerk (no actual thought) reaction to whatever their masters tell and agree without thought.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:07 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
What is it with the left that they have a knee jerk (no actual thought) reaction to whatever their masters tell and agree without thought.
No defense? Simply ignore the obvious and deliberate right wing lie? Figures.

I would also note that I neither stated nor implied I agreed with her. Only that the right wing nuts were quoting her out of context.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:11 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
No defense? Simply ignore the obvious and deliberate right wing lie? Figures.

I would also note that I neither stated nor implied I agreed with her. Only that the right wing nuts were quoting her out of context.
There is no context in which "corporations and business do not create jobs" is a correct statement.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:12 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Businesses employ people. That doesn't mean they create jobs. Jobs are created by a large middle class with disposable income.

And FYI, governments and non-profits also employ people.
Just curious, who exactly offered you your first job? Was it a "large middle class", the government or was it a private company working toward a profit?

Working for the government is a government manufactured job and working for non-profits is another method of working for the government, IE leaching off of taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies