Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 03:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

I do not know but I also do not care what influences him. I only know that its was same government agencies that let Aids into country and that it contaminated the blood supply and caused people to get the disease. I also know the same people made the rules on treating them in Africa and even with hazard suits some came down with the disease as we have seen. Just as inspector general reported that the agency in charge of preparation in this country when supplies checked had large portion of out of date filters for hazard mask ( forget exact per cent age) and 80% of hand sanitizer out of date. We also see that WHO has refused to release a report done for them on their actions in Africa. And they wander why people do not trust them I their actions. Total ban is simple and effective. Australia has 21 days waiting period in isolation for people coming from Ebola regions. Governments have the right to quarantine including states.It was stated that people I some regions have to sign a statement that they were not exposed to people with Ebola and that male that died lie and could have been charge. Now do these medical workers get a exception? I don't see it as panic but distrust from past experiences known. Kind of a don't worry local emergency management has a evacuation plan if a hurricane comes to New Orleans. They had a plan but no logistics to carry it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 04:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
We now have 7 states that have enacted quarantines for travelers arriving from the Ebola nations.

I'm surprised the DOJ/HHS/DHS haven't come out with their legal guns blaring.

Several US states break with CDC and enact stricter Ebola guidelines | World news | theguardian.com
New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Georgia and Florida have each issued policies for travellers at risk of Ebola infection in the past week

Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
If Obama kept American citizens out of the US people would call him unAmerican.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Do you realize corporations and major donors can side liberal or conservative? Do you know who the mega billionaire George Soro's is? He's considered a far left liberal. Just because one made their money in a capitalistic society doesn't make them conservative.

And btw, there are a lot of corporations owned by stockholders, of whom major holders can also side left or right and set policy if they are large enough shareholders.

And you apparently missed my 2 follow up posts on the matter:

"Guilty as charged. I picked one source that's considered liberal and another that's considered conservative but I guess I can't keep everyone happy.

In any case, the Pew study and the UCLA study can be referenced from many sources. The data stands on its own."

"I don't watch any of them either(lost our cable/satellite years ago). And I agree 100% about there's no real journalism anymore. And those 2 studies have found that much of "news" today has a bias and most of that bias is towards the liberal side."

The rest of your post shows you lean left(I think?)/you're an obvious team player. Good for you. btw, I think both sides stink. I'm a Libertarian so your "our side is better" "y'all righties" rhetoric rings very hollow with me.

You took a few studies I quoted in a post I made to someone else who was trying to play the "my team is better than theirs" via going after a media source that didn't sit well with knocking their "team" so I referenced 2 studies that show all of media is biased, most too the left. You obviously didn't like the results of those polls(or probably didn't read them at all or took the effort to go to the source at the Pew Research website) as it made your "Team" look bad.

In any case, relax....I know now your "team" is best and now that you convinced me your "team" is best for me, you can rest assured you have convinced me of my past evil ways of thinking that you imagined all along.
More ignorance in each above point than can even be addressed. Is there a libertarian bubble which keeps one from paying attention to what has been happening over previous decades?
You don't even have a platform you can explain. What is the libertarian view of the vitally important Citizens United ruling and what would you do about it? Care to share?

So in the libertarian mind, the corporate-owned media is "leftist" eh? Makes a lot of sense, does it?

I also know who contributes to whom, and I know who George Soros is - Fox News whipping boy whose assets pale in comparison to the republicans' own filthy-rich benefactors (since I am so uninformed, I bet you know who they all are - right?). And since Soros with his modicum of wealth wads your panties (as he does Faux News) this shows how fringe and in-the-republican team-pocket libertarians really are - but y'all hate "teams" and are so "independent" of thought - sure.
You are RW republicans through and through. And you stand for "liberty"? Big whoops.

As for the OP, this manufactured nonsense over Obama's "allegiances" starts with conjecture straight from the racist RW imagination, and then long convoluted thought processes are employed in order to "prove" the allegation (mainly to other right wingers). Worthy of Fox News...

Last edited by detwahDJ; 10-28-2014 at 06:58 PM..

Old 10-28-2014, 11:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We now have 7 states that have enacted quarantines for travelers arriving from the Ebola nations.

Several US states break with CDC and enact stricter Ebola guidelines | World news | theguardian.com
New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Georgia and Florida have each issued policies for travellers at risk of Ebola infection in the past week
And now we are going to bring Ebola patients here. Yep, looking out for Africa instead of the American people.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:08 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,905,096 times
Obama has had military attack parts of Africa.

Obama is American and behind closed doors, he is concerned for EBOLA outbreak

Old 10-29-2014, 12:13 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

If 7 states want to go against expert medical advice and inconvenience their residents for a bit of a political dog-and-pony show, that's hardly the DOJ's purview.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:10 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And now we are going to bring Ebola patients here. Yep, looking out for Africa instead of the American people.
Still at it eh? Those RW racial codewords and talking points. And btw you're still not fooling anyone.
Also, why isn't your RW extremist Congress "looking out for the American people"? In the RW Fox-addled brain, is snooty complaining about Obama considered "governing"?

Old 10-30-2014, 12:18 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Not snooty, but straightforward.
caribdoll
Quote:
Read this very slowly for comprehension.
You're right, it doesn't get any straighter than that..."snooty".

Before I asked my question, which was a simple one that I do not believe warranted your remark...the posts read....well, you go back and read slowly. Just in case you don't get it, they addressed the possible president's loyalty to a country, Africa as a whole, not in part and family members who live there.

btw, there is an ignore function on this forum and I do know how to use it.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:58 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
It is really scary there are so many non-thinking people .... maybe that RW nutbag was right. the Zombies are in place now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies