Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

hehee..
Quote:
You probably have a few friends so opinionated about the sourcing and quality of their food, part of you wants to test whether they'd really know the difference between crap and cuisine.

You love those friends, but you also think they're being snobs, and you'd just love to troll them hard.

Well now you don't have to, because two guys named Sacha and Cedrique did it for you. As you can see in the video below, they're on a mission to prank organic food experts in the Netherlands. They pack their bags full of a mix of McDonald's food and real organic food and present it to these connoisseurs of the finer things in life.

Organic Food Snobs Are Unknowingly Fed McDonald's, and They're Lovin' It | Adweek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Well, I don't know if the whole "organic" food thing is entirely about taste as opposed to perceived health benefits, so I'm not sure if this proves anything. But mostly I'm wondering where I can get McDonald's food that doesn't obviously taste like crap. Speaking as someone who used to eat there all the time, before I spoiled it by eating good food.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:04 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Well, I don't know if the whole "organic" food thing is entirely about taste as opposed to perceived health benefits, so I'm not sure if this proves anything. But mostly I'm wondering where I can get McDonald's food that doesn't obviously taste like crap. Speaking as someone who used to eat there all the time, before I spoiled it by eating good food.
I agree with this^...I do dislike food snobs quite a bit though and take everything they say with a grain of "sea salt gleaned only from the inside of whale's bladder"

Old 10-27-2014, 09:09 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hehee..
I watched all of it. You know, if they did it here, just their language alone would help to fool food snobs.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:18 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:

I have a friend who only eats Organic because she thinks it tastes sooo much better. lol
If it was me I would eat it for the health benefits. I like all foods and can't tell the difference between organic beef or not.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 10-27-2014 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-27-2014, 09:26 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
"it tastes much better than McDonalds, it's much more pure" lol

Old 10-27-2014, 09:30 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
organic doesn't actually offer any health benefits. unless your wallet needs to lose weight

No Health Benefits from Organic Food « Science-Based Medicine

I think mcd's tastes fine now and then.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I have a friend who only eats Organic because she thinks it tastes sooo much better. lol
If it was me I would eat it for the health benefits. I like all foods and can't tell the difference between organic beef or not.
Ironically, what the organic gardening and organic food movement was originally all about was the health of the soil. It was designed to enrich the soil as you grew in it, rather than depleting it. The health benefits from eating food grown that way, it was thought, would be a natural result of growing it in healthy soil.

Then those claims became exaggerated, with advocates claiming all kinds of benefits that simply do not hold up under scientific study. Careful nutritional analysis has shown that when the same variety of food is grown in identical conditions, but with half being organically grown and half being grown using chemical fertilizers there is no nutritional or taste difference. There is only one measurable difference, that organics typically have lower pesticide content. That's it.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:23 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Ironically, what the organic gardening and organic food movement was originally all about was the health of the soil. It was designed to enrich the soil as you grew in it, rather than depleting it. The health benefits from eating food grown that way, it was thought, would be a natural result of growing it in healthy soil.

Then those claims became exaggerated, with advocates claiming all kinds of benefits that simply do not hold up under scientific study. Careful nutritional analysis has shown that when the same variety of food is grown in identical conditions, but with half being organically grown and half being grown using chemical fertilizers there is no nutritional or taste difference. There is only one measurable difference, that organics typically have lower pesticide content. That's it.
Less corporated foods are less body altering foods.

Too many transgenderist zombies running loose these days.

And, face eaters - don't ya just hate 'em?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
Quote:
Pretty much this.

People mostly choose organic because GMOs are bathed in pesticides that you don't get with organic. One of the 'advantages' of GMOs is that farmers can put chemicals on them that would ordinarily have killed their crops along with the pests.

It has nothing to do with how they taste or some unnatural fear of science, and everything to do with not wanting to eat poison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies