Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 03:00 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, that is true, but we do the same thing to them....now Obama is a whole different ball game....but it's been done all the time, in my 65 years of life in America. So, we the Repubs have no better a track record....
It wasn't reported that the Repubs sent a whole staff of lawyers to Obama's old haunts like the Dems did to Palin in Alaska. If the Republicans did they would find more scandal than Dems do. Look at Clinton and all he did to women even before he was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 06:22 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Jeb Bush was Gov. he was a strong Gov. and Florida flourished. During the Hurricanes he demonstrated what Gov. Should do. I know I was wiped out twice in those Hurricane Charlie and Janine. ( Fitting My X wife is named Janine)

His Immigration policy I differed with. I like the Jan Brewer (Arizona) approach much better.

Any I like his no thrills approach to the many problems we had and balanced the state budget. One of my favorite Jeb quotes is " Well that's a nice program, but how is it going to be funded" Classic Jeb!
Never heard of Hurricane Janine. When was that?

Old 10-28-2014, 06:23 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The name of the Hurricane was Jeanne, and it was not very big, and neither was Charley (nor Charlie)
Charlie took some of my roof off so I thought it was pretty big.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:38 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Never heard of Hurricane Janine. When was that?
They were back to back storms. The first weaken my home in Osceola County and the second one finished the interior of my home.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
that doesn't mean it wasn't fixed. I remember the controversy, and how everyone was so shocked at how this could happen.
Get over yourself. Now we are going to deal with mass scale voter fraud from the DNC and the left. Why do you think the lefties on this forum is going against Photo ID and weakening the Voter Registration Process.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:43 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Years ago, Jebb Bush did something really bad...I remember it was all over the papers and news....nation wide, and I think that GW Bush was in his first term, not sure, but Jebb was running and I remember being so shocked that he was elected, due to what he did, but I cannot remember what it was he did?

I remember people saying the man was really not to intelligent and got to where he was b/c of his father and brother.

Can anyone help me remember what that was about please....?
Can't help you even if I wanted to and I don't.
Just make up something, Oh my error, you just did.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:44 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Can't help you even if I wanted to and I don't.
Just make up something, Oh my error, you just did.
It was bad, really, really bad. Can't someone remember the horrible thing that Bush fella did?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:12 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I thought McCain took most of the fall for the Keating S&L fiasco.
Naw, California's Alan Cranston was the fall guy for the Keating 5. He was the only one to receive a reprimand. He did not run for re-election..

One of the Keating 5, by the way, was former astronaut John Glenn. He was cleared of wrongdoing.

McCain was the junior senator from Arizona, and I believe the senior senator DeConcini was just trying to do a favor for the new guy. McCain was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Only Glenn and McCain of the five ran for re-election at their next term.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:17 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It was bad, really, really bad. Can't someone remember the horrible thing that Bush fella did?
Didnt he wear brown shoes with a blue suit once?

Old 10-29-2014, 05:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It wasn't reported that the Repubs sent a whole staff of lawyers to Obama's old haunts like the Dems did to Palin in Alaska. If the Republicans did they would find more scandal than Dems do. Look at Clinton and all he did to women even before he was elected.
I don't like Obama....period....I didn't like Bush either....stop putting words in my mouth please....I'm allowed to not like a person who is supposed to be working for the people. I didn't say that anyone did anything to Obama, however, my personal opinion is, and I don't mind sharing it, is, That I don't like him as a President, he is the worst ever, and I thought Bush was bad, and I'm allowed to feel that way!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies