Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I think my position is no different from most Americans regarding getting out of Europe now.

Edited to say, you respond with LOL to Jews being targeted for death. **** you, dd. I've never said that before but you are truly despicable and I will no longer read your posts.
LMAO@ this dude.

I mean, seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 11:02 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
War keeps major defense contractors in business. War is good for the economy.

War is good for business but if it gets out of hand and someone lets several hundred nuclear missiles loose and blows the hell out of this nation then it becomes very bad for business!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:14 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
They must pose an imminent threat. i.e. The Japanese didn't land troops on our shores & take over, but we still declared war because they attacked us.

The Japanese did land troops on land that the Stars an Stripes flew over, they even put American civilians living in these places in prisoner of war camps. One needs to understand that the Stars and Stripes flew over the Phillipines, Wake Island and Guam which were US territories just like Alaska, Hawaii , The Panama Canal Zone and Puerto Rico.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:52 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,904,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep.

And attacks on so called "allies" is NOT the same as an attack on this country.

Just thought I'd get that on there before the hawks get all cranked up about how we need to protect this or that country. No...we don't.

No other nation is worth a single American life.
Yes!!!! Thank you

Old 10-28-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
War keeps major defense contractors in business. War is good for the economy.
Yep. It's all about money. And as many say, "to win a war, be on both sides".

Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The U.S. is a central part of the problem in the Palestinian-Israel conflict. To be a part of the solution, it needs to do less, not more. I support Israel, don't get me wrong. Israel has right to defend herself. Let's face it, it is not like Palestinnans are innocent. But it is still not our business. We can also step aside and allow international mechanisms to function.
True, and it's not like the Israeli's are innocent either. Establishing a nation for those of one faith and displacing others that do not share the encroaching established nations faith and using violence and force and force to kick out other nations is just wrong. Just imagine if a nation was established on your land and it kicked you out for not being the new nations state religion and also disenfranchising you?

Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The U.S. is a central part of the problem in the Palestinian-Israel conflict. To be a part of the solution, it needs to do less, not more. I support Israel, don't get me wrong. Israel has right to defend herself. Let's face it, it is not like Palestinnans are innocent. But it is still not our business. We can also step aside and allow international mechanisms to function.
I agree with you that U.S should not support or fund any nations abroad. Let them attack each other and see who survives. Survival of the fittest.

Also it sucks that USA government funds colleges free education and schools abroad in many other nations, yet college is not free in the USA. Smh

Old 10-29-2014, 04:57 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
We should be willing to war if attacked or a military force is heading our direction posses a threat. Also if someone invades a neighbor such as Canada or Mexico which then could pose a threat with a base to operate. What ever good reason you have for war, it is equally important you have a reasonable defense should you be attacked.

The sticky issue is our policy of Mutual Aid Treaty's. It can be equated with typical gang mentality. If someone attacks us we have assistance with defense and can mount a counter attack with support of members. By having our troops in foreign countries our leaders can say we are defending our own and get popular support for action claiming our own defense. I'm OK with that as long as the country wanting our troops and bases is picking up the total tab. But they don't and we pay for it. If they aren't willing to pay for their own defense what do they offer that is mutual ? The defense budget is huge and could be reduced to our benefit by requiring ones who want our protection to pay for it. We pay for our police here at home but the government gives it away to foreign countries on our dime too. Incredibility stupid policy. Only an elected official could dream this up with no concern as to what it cost us.

The bombing we are doing in the ME is nothing more than a drive by shooting. Granted the target of this tactic is despicable and disgusting but when done here at home it is criminal and innocent life is lost bringing outrage until it's eliminated. Gang squad or boots on the ground sent in to arrest and put an end to it. But the point is we now invite reprisals by our actions whether they are hatchet, bombs, drive by or any other means. Failure to defend our borders while inviting reprisals is failure of the fundamental duty of government to defend us. We are a great offensive power and manufacture all manor of reasons to use it. Yet we can't manufacture a defense which at some point a determined enemy will exploit.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:33 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Yep.

Just thought I'd get that on there before the hawks get all cranked up about how we need to protect this or that country. No...we don't.

unless they kill americans. then i think we should just make those countries into huge parking lots or huge pastures.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:48 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Yep.

Worse still attacks on so called allies that like to stab us in the back.
Using our military to support civil wars in other countries.
Using our military as the world's police force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies