Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
About killing the grass? Seems like the grass was not very strong to begin with.
I know, right? The physical stress needed to render a patch of grass into a patch of mud its going to require more than a couple hundred kids walking over it over a period of three hours' time.

If that were the case, no elementary school on this planet would have a lawn. And nevermind football fields!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I have to say kids are not the same, as say, 20-30 years ago! Some are polite, but many are demanding and rude.
Some kids have been polite and some have been rude since the dawn of time.

Quote:
I think many parents need to inform their children of an age limit when trick or treating & parents should not think they get candy also.
There's an age limit? What is it? Who decided on it? Is this written down somewhere? What happens when this limit is violated?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 09:52 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
It was interesting watching the some 1,000 kids that went through our area last night. 90 percent were very polite and only took once piece of candy. Not so bad considering out troubled society these days.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:52 AM

587 posts, read 915,268 times
I live in a working class neighborhood that has the best Halloween display in our city and lots of dead end streets, so we get bus loads of kids. The people trick or treating in my neighborhood are probably richer than the people who live here, if anything.

I usually prefer to be out of the house because it's just too many people for me, but my boyfriend doesn't mind passing out candy until he runs out. This year he ran out in the middle of a group of seven. One of the kids started dumping candy from her bag into the bowl so he'd have more to pass out to others!

Old 11-02-2014, 05:00 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Some of the rich people should be happy it's just kids in costumes at the door not people with pitchforks.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:56 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I care.......because we have enough kids in our neighborhood to buy candy for and we don't need to be buying candy for kids from the poor side of town being carpooled in...You can see as many as 10 kids getting out of one car......Candy ain't cheap anymore......
Go to Costco, you'll be fine.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:15 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Most of us don't like welfare leeches. But seriously, these are kids you are talking about. They just want some good candies and have some good time. If you don't want to give them candy, turn off lights. Problem solved.
Exactly. What's the big deal? The reason why they come is because it's not a safe activity where they live. We had tons of kids this year, many pouring out from the dreaded (not from the neighborhood) cars. They were all adorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies