Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 07:54 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times

Advertisements

I asked every single kid for certified financial statements last night and not a single one complied. Without knowing for certain if they were rich or poor I erred on the side of humanity and handed out candy. Can we end this stupid thread now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 08:00 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Just who do you think spend some of the money you hoard to claim yourself wealthy. It comes from the working people in this country.

Geez, hell has a place for people with these kind of attitudes. You can judge the dignity and integrity of mankind by how it treats kids, the elderly and the animals in the country.

You seem to worried about being elite, and forgot how to first be a human being.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:03 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Omg, why would this bug you and what does this have to do with taxes. Who cares where the kids come from. It's halloween so let them have fun. It's just candy you are giving away. What is the big deal.
I care.......because we have enough kids in our neighborhood to buy candy for and we don't need to be buying candy for kids from the poor side of town being carpooled in...You can see as many as 10 kids getting out of one car......Candy ain't cheap anymore......

Old 11-01-2014, 08:13 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I care.......because we have enough kids in our neighborhood to buy candy for and we don't need to be buying candy for kids from the poor side of town being carpooled in...You can see as many as 10 kids getting out of one car......Candy ain't cheap anymore......

Most of us don't like welfare leeches. But seriously, these are kids you are talking about. They just want some good candies and have some good time. If you don't want to give them candy, turn off lights. Problem solved.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Most of us don't like welfare leeches. But seriously, these are kids you are talking about. They just want some good candies and have some good time. If you don't want to give them candy, turn off lights. Problem solved.
I have to say kids are not the same, as say, 20-30 years ago! Some are polite, but many are demanding and rude. Trick or Treating was a time to get kids out before the long winter. Now kids have all kinds of entertainment and this is almost an invasion on many people's homes. Kids are just not as cute at 14 in a costume as a 7 yr old is. I think many parents need to inform their children of an age limit when trick or treating & parents should not think they get candy also.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I have to say kids are not the same, as say, 20-30 years ago! Some are polite, but many are demanding and rude. Trick or Treating was a time to get kids out before the long winter. Now kids have all kinds of entertainment and this is almost an invasion on many people's homes. Kids are just not as cute at 14 in a costume as a 7 yr old is. I think many parents need to inform their children of an age limit when trick or treating & parents should not think they get candy also.
I wasn't born 30 years ago. But yes, kids can be rude.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm tired of spending money on candy, and I'm tired of making kids happy.

So......

.....this year, I decided I would sit on my porch, and when kids walked up to give me their standard "Trick or Treat" greeting, I whipped out my authentic Barack Obama mask (complete with gray hair), put it on, then proceeded to reach into each kid's bag and take whatever I wanted.

Their mouths wide open, I then said "Now beat it, or I'll sic the IRS on your parents!"

Soimething tells me they won't be back next year.
Sure, next year they will be back with a Michelle mask, demanding "you give it back!" You must have missed the hashtag tweet!

Old 11-01-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I wasn't born 30 years ago. But yes, kids can be rude.
Now you can see where some people are feeling the pressure. I know none of my family bought $200 worth of candy and it was passed out with plenty left over. Seems people are demanding the candy, rather than the fun.

I for one would not feel safe taking my kids out, festivals are much more fun and safe.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Now you can see where some people are feeling the pressure. I know none of my family bought $200 worth of candy and it was passed out with plenty left over. Seems people are demanding the candy, rather than the fun.

I for one would not feel safe taking my kids out, festivals are much more fun and safe.
We had a pretty good Halloween, loads of trick or treaters. Some kids were a bit obnoxious (as kids can be) but overall very excited, polite, and thrilled to be getting copious amounts of candy. This was the first year, we had an 'odd' one though. A woman, not dressed in a costume or with kids came to our door. She had to be mid-40s. My husband kind of looked at her like 'what?' but gave her some candy anyway.

We generally spend a couple of hundred on candy. We have very little left. In our town, trick or treating is over at 8:30. The cops drive through flashing their lights to signal ending time.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:27 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
We had a good Halloween. Probably about 30 kids total, all neighborhood kids. I'm glad we don't live in a neighborhood that is sought out by traveling Halloweeners. I sympathize with the kids who live in bad neighborhoods but I also do the people who only want their local kids coming around.

Funny, the way the liberal part of our society is so against Christmas, they have no problem with Halloween that is celebrated on the eve of "All Saints Day" a Catholic observance of the beautification of Saints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies