Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are anti-"discrimination" laws as currently practiced in much of America, bigoted against
yes 44 33.85%
no 86 66.15%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 07:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You are supporting singling out gays as being different and therefore deserving of special treatment. That's going against equality. If you are anti-discrimination based on sexual orientation then no orientation should get treated better over another.
You don't have to be homosexual (sexual orientation) to get legally married to someone of the same sex. So how is that singling out people by sexual orientation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 07:31 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
"Equality" does mean singling out those who are "different" and giving them "special" treatment just because they are different or minority or whatever. Or at least so it appears. It's like every time you turn on the news some group is protesting or demanding something. It's gotten to the point where everyone is afraid of everyone because they are afraid to offend them in some way because everyone gets all butt hurt over the littlest things these days.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:52 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Anti "discrimination" laws have recently been used to force Ministers to preform same sex "Weddings", rent out wedding halls for same sex "Weddings", sell wedding rings" for same sex "Weddings, bake wedding cakes for same sex "weddings", forced religious colleges to accept homosexuals into them etc.

Are the anti-"discrimination" laws as currently practiced in much of America bigoted against religious people who are trying to follow their religions.
This is totally bogus! The only way phobes can attempt to gain any support for their misguided viewpoint is by making up lies, and making false claims like these that sensationalize, and distort the facts. No religious institution is forced to perform any weddings. BTW, there more than enough establishments, ie wedding halls, bakeries, etc looking for the gay dollar.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:08 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Yes, they are bigotted against religious folks.

No, it is not wrong. If their religion is intolerant (most aren't.. but get interpreted as such when taken literally), so be it.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:33 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I think all this politically correct anti-discrimination stuff being forced on everyone is actually causing more harm than good. This is my observation. From what I gather it is cornering people into a catch-22 and basically becoming a form of mind control and a violation of rights if you really think about it.
I was thinking this the other day, for example, we are being told that gays should be treated equally and not discriminated against right? Now, we supposedly have "religious freedom" and cannot be discriminated against or persecuted for religious beliefs. There's a few religions out there that believe homosexuality is a sin and inhuman and what not, blah blah blah. So with legalizing gay marriage, even though it goes against the beliefs of certain religions, said religions cannot discriminate against gay folk getting married in a church or whatever. Makes no sense to me. Get what I'm saying?
Just seems all this crap is dividing us as a nation more than ever by basically forcing people to think and behave a certain way against their beliefs. It's like if you listen to rock music, and you're a diehard rock fan, you also have to listen to, and like, country music simply because it exists. What if just don't like the sound of country music? I have no problem with it, but it just isn't my thing. Why should have to listen to it if I don't like it? Now, if I go around beating up country music fans or persecute or discriminate country music fans just because *I* don't like country music well that is a different story. Based upon our constitution country music absolutely has a right to exist but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it or like it. Meh, whatever.

There were no Churchs, Religious Groups, Organzations, etc forced to marry same-sex couples or provide them with services. A FOR-PROFIT Business is not a Religious Organization and the laws apply to them

Old 10-28-2014, 09:57 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I swear the religious right needs to realize we're trying to establish a civilized world where mob rule isn't the law and hatred and bias isn't allowed to run rampant and cause suffering among whole groups of people, by the millions. Not anymore at least.
Seen your Civilized world at it reminds me a lot of the USSR
how many people do you plan on murdering to get to your communist utopia?

read this and see how much you have in common with Lenin
https://www.marxists.org/archive/len...905/dec/03.htm

Quote:
They are pretty much trying to repeal the 20th century. Make it like it never happened.
your the one who is trying to repeal the fall of Soviet style Communism

If ever someone tries to sell you a Utopia in exchange for your values run.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:58 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why would you have to demand service? Are you saying that the Clifton Barber Shop refuses to sell its services to white people?

It doesn't have to be the Clifton Barber Shop.

It could be any barber shop located in the inner city of Detroit that's has an exclusively black clientele.

There is no reason for me to drive past countless other barber shops that do white hair every day on the way to a barber shop that doesn't, and there is no legitimate reason for me to demand service from a business that isn't particularly interested in doing business with me.

The irony of homosexuals demanding tolerance while they go out of their way to force their special brand of intolerance on Christians is breathtaking.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Which part? The 5? The word Lexington? Or the word pride?

Has the printer ever printed other things with a 5, the word Lexington, or the word pride? If so there is no way they were offended.
and if go to a gay t shirt maker and ask for a shirt that says gays are all evil, would you also say that that is covered under antidiscrimination laws that include religion

Which part do you have a problem with? The word gays? The word are? the word all ? Or the word evil?

Has the printer ever printed other things with the word gay, the word are, the word all, or the word evil? If so there is no way they were offended.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:15 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There were no Churchs, Religious Groups, Organzations, etc forced to marry same-sex couples or provide them with services. A FOR-PROFIT Business is not a Religious Organization and the laws apply to them
This is yet another example of the lame excuses conjured up to justify bullying, attacking and destroying anyone and everyone of religious faith and rendering them unable to provide food for their tables such that their families go hungry and starve. This diabolical hatred is one sided and exclusively perpetrated by the homosexual deviant. Perhaps God will soon proclaim that an attack on any person of religion and/or faith will be considered a direct attack on God by the homosexual deviant and result in full retaliatory response on those humanoids inflicted with the curse of homosexuality requiring immediate, painful, cruel and most assuredly there unusual removal from this planet en toto and of all existence.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sexual orientation is not sexual behavior. Sexual orientation is related to attraction. But you go on making up your own definitions for words.
If you truly believe what you just says that means you agree I'm allowed according to the law to refuse to bake a wedding cake for a same sex "Wedding" because the law only protects those who have the desire for homosexual relations not those who act on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies