Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:46 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,039,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Remember the original post was about a crime that has no proof that it was committed by illegal immigrants but anti-illegal-immigrant posters were quick to blame illegals without evidence?
This is what I noticed, too, which is the reason I jumped on-board in this thread. Just because someone finds "MS-13" graffiti doesn't mean they're the ones who did it. It's especially suspicious when it happens in an area of no known MS-13 activity. Come on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,361,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
This is what I noticed, too, which is the reason I jumped on-board in this thread. Just because someone finds "MS-13" graffiti doesn't mean they're the ones who did it. It's especially suspicious when it happens in an area of no known MS-13 activity. Come on!
If there are no known ms13 gang members or activity or any suspected associates, then that is suspicious.

Also, how often do gang members graffiti a memorial? Maybe sides of a business, highway overpass, street signs, all the typical places you see it. But I cant recall hearing about gang graffiti on any other veteran war memorial.

So without any proof it was actually the gang, the graffiti looks highly suspicious that it could be someone else with the intentions of blaming it on the gang. Then of course seeing the immediate reaction by some posters regarding illegal immigrants, it seems to lend some credibility that it was someone else trying to blame it on on the gang and creating some association with the illegal immigrant issue.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,039,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
If there are no known ms13 gang members or activity or any suspected associates, then that is suspicious.

Also, how often do gang members graffiti a memorial? Maybe sides of a business, highway overpass, street signs, all the typical places you see it. But I cant recall hearing about gang graffiti on any other veteran war memorial.

So without any proof it was actually the gang, the graffiti looks highly suspicious that it could be someone else with the intentions of blaming it on the gang. Then of course seeing the immediate reaction by some posters regarding illegal immigrants, it seems to lend some credibility that it was someone else trying to blame it on on the gang and creating some association with the illegal immigrant issue.
Absolutely have to consider this. Sounds like a classic frame to me. And it's true, street gangs are mainly concerned with turf, which means they're focused on "market-share" and indications that other gangs are becoming competitors. After all, this is how MS-13 was born -- Salvadoran immigrants in the 1980s who found that they had to adopt American street-gang ways in order to survive the tough neighborhoods of inner-city Los Angeles. And, the main reason for the influx of Salvadorans to the U.S. in those days was because of U.S. meddling in El Salvador's civil war. So, as much as we hate to admit it, we have our own foreign policy partly to blame for MS-13, which was born in America under the worst of American social conditions. Moreover, with each gang member we deport to El Salvador -- a country without the law enforcement means to deal with MS-13 -- the gang grows as the members never reform, recruit new members and stay engaged with the activities of MS-13 in the U.S. from abroad. Will we ever learn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies