Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:26 PM

9,594 posts, read 31,592,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
"KILL WHITES" Why do I feel that nothing will be heard about this in the MSM?

Can you imagine if the situation were reversed and it was a message left by white supremisists saying "KILL HISPANICS." The news would have traveled around the globe three times by now. La Raza, ACLU, Lulac and 100's of other angry mobs would be marching and yelling through bullhorns about the racism, injustice, xenophobia and human rights.
Good point, Cribster

Haven't you heard . . . ONLY WHITES ARE ALLOWED TO BE RACISTS?
! ! ! !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 02:30 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,325,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I say the same thing about Clarence Thomas, Walter Williams, Jesse Lee Peterson and Larry Elder all the time.
All are citizens of a Western nation, right?

Old 12-31-2007, 02:42 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,324,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
I lived in Southern California for over 20 years, there always seemed to be some type of race war somewhere involving one race versus all others. I’m not sure you can actually state who started it, since every “fight” seemed to be based on some past action by the “other side”, which is a vicious cycle so it’s hard to say “who” really started it.

And where in my statement did I imply that all people who are against illegal immigrants are racists? I specifically identified it as “some anti-illegal-immigrant US citizen” who wanted to create a controversy. As that person who wants to create a controversy is a racist. I didn’t state that all anti-illegal-immigrants US citizens are racists, just those who would do something illegal with the intent of blaming it on another group of people. But guess what, there are racists of all walks of life, even some who don’t like illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, and even other citizens.

Try to focus on what was actually said and not on how you choose to read it. Trying to claim something that wasn’t said and then claiming it was done to hurt “true patriots” only makes people who make the claim look like a self-impaled martyr.
Oh, how simply martyr-like for me to foolishly assume that you didn't actually say:

'My guess is that some anti-illegal-immigrant US citizen could have done it to create the controversy and spread the flame of hate against illegal immigrants and those of the same color. Racists don’t always wait for a catalyst to start the race war, they seem ok to create one. Just a thought on who else would do this and “benefit” from it.'

But wait, that IS exactly what you said. You segued from one sentence to another, with no paragraph break inbetween. How on earth are you going to try to turn it around now and say that I'm reading things into your psot that weren't there to begin with? I wonder how I am claiming something that wasn't said, by taking the language verbatim from your post.

So please, as stated earlier, stop trying to paint the anti-illegal crowd with the brush of racism. How absolutely foolish it is to make assumptions of such magnitude as to imply that an anti-illegal immigrant US citizen could have done this to start a race war. It is glaringly obvious the contempt you have for "anti-illegal-immigrant US citizens". It is also quite apparent that you are trying to water down the example I have posted about the true race war going on is So Cal. By your own admission, you only lived (past tense) here for 20 years. When did you leave? Do you dispute the information I put for that African Americans are being driven out of So Cal by racial targeting perpetrated by the Hispanic community?

Last edited by DontH8Me; 12-31-2007 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 PM

31 posts, read 64,248 times
How do you know they were Illegals? Do you somehow have a Magic Crystal ball that just by hearing a story on the news you can automatically correctly identify the current immigration status of shadow vandals? By god where did you learn such magic?!

Now It's damn disrespectful that someone would vandalize a war memorial, the only reason it seems you're rilled up is because supposed of "illegal immigrants". You should be rilled up whenever anyone dares deface a national monument commemorating others for what they have given up for their country. Either way I hope they bring these vandals to justice.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alely View Post
How do you know they were Illegals? Do you somehow have a Magic Crystal ball that just by hearing a story on the news you can automatically correctly identify the current immigration status of shadow vandals? By god where did you learn such magic?!

Now It's damn disrespectful that someone would vandalize a war memorial, the only reason it seems you're rilled up is because supposed of "illegal immigrants". You should be rilled up whenever anyone dares deface a national monument commemorating others for what they have given up for their country. Either way I hope they bring these vandals to justice.

Well, if it really IS the MS13 gang, it's "safe to assume" that they are illegals, since their ranks are full of Salvadorian illegals.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:06 PM

47,935 posts, read 21,914,544 times
I really saw nothing that said it was done by illegal aliens and I can think of many other scenerios; remember people used to dress up like Indians to shift the blame for their own actions or to incite settlers to attack the indian villages and "open up the west". Even the patriots dumping tea into the harbor at Boston to start the War of Independance, dressed up like Indians to shift the blame. From what I have read in the posts, this could have been done to stir up more anti immigrant backlash.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:09 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,363,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Oh, how simply martyr-like for me to foolishly assume that you didn't actually say:

'My guess is that some anti-illegal-immigrant US citizen could have done it to create the controversy and spread the flame of hate against illegal immigrants and those of the same color. Racists don’t always wait for a catalyst to start the race war, they seem ok to create one. Just a thought on who else would do this and “benefit” from it.'

But wait, that IS exactly what you said. You segued from one sentence to another, with no paragraph break inbetween. How on earth are you going to try to turn it around now and say that I'm reading things into your psot that weren't there to begin with? I wonder how I am claiming something that wasn't said, by taking the language verbatim from your post.
That’s right, my quote actually calls out a “US citizen who is against illegal immigrants AND creates a controversy to incite others” as a racist. You however wish to read it with your own lenses to incorrectly assume I’m calling all US citizens who oppose illegal immigrants as racists. That’s far from the truth and far from an accurate reading of my statement. But you seem to want to interpret how you want and I wont stop you, it seems to make you happy.

Quote:
So please, as stated earlier, stop trying to paint the anti-illegal crowd with the brush of racism. How absolutely foolish it is to make assumptions of such magnitude as to imply that an anti-illegal immigrant US citizen could have done this to start a race war.
I feel it would be foolish on someones part to believe that everyone is so ethical that no one would ever “create a controversy” with the intention of starting something negative.Guess what, during custody hearings it isnt uncommon to hear that one parent is claiming the other is abusing the child. It then turns out the claim is false. So it isnt a stretch to think that someone who hates immigrants (illegal and/or legal) would do something to “blame” the immigrants on. To think it could “never” happen impies that the person denying it lives in some fantasyland.

Quote:
It is glaringly obvious the contempt you have for "anti-illegal-immigrant US citizens".
Nope, my contempt is for people who create something and blame it on the party they hate, or people who jump to conclusions that fit their beliefs without requiring any evidence or proof.

Quote:
It is also quite apparent that you are trying to water down the example I have posted about the true race war going on is So Cal. By your own admission, you only lived (past tense) here for 20 years. When did you leave? Do you dispute the information I put for that African Americans are being driven out of So Cal by racial targeting perpetrated by the Hispanic community?
Why I left is none of your concern, much like why you stay is none of mine. However I didn’t water down anything except for your “opinion” that is was started by hispanics. My statement actually stated that race wars between many races has been going on in SoCal for many years and it would be difficult to actually claim who “started” it. If you want to claim it is hispanics, then where is the proof?

As far as black people leaving southern california, I can tell you from the black people I know, it was economics, they cashed out on their properties and moved somewhere cheaper, not because of hispanics.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:10 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,324,447 times
As I stated earlier in this thread - WHOEVER did this should be punished to the full extent of the law. I don't think they should go any easier or harder on the perp regardless of their nationality, race, religion, creed, tribe, boxers, briefs, or whatever new identifier can be brought up to perpetuate the us vs them mentality.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:17 PM

31 posts, read 64,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, if it really IS the MS13 gang, it's "safe to assume" that they are illegals, since their ranks are full of Salvadorian illegals.
It is never "safe to assume". An old teacher taught me this adage, "When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. (see what I did there?)

Old 12-31-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I really saw nothing that said it was done by illegal aliens and I can think of many other scenerios; remember people used to dress up like Indians to shift the blame for their own actions or to incite settlers to attack the indian villages and "open up the west". Even the patriots dumping tea into the harbor at Boston to start the War of Independance, dressed up like Indians to shift the blame. From what I have read in the posts, this could have been done to stir up more anti immigrant backlash.

Oh sure.

I wonder, when someone burns a cross on a black family's lawn, do you automatically assume some radicalized element of the black community put the burning cross there in order to incite racial tension .... or do we give the benefit of the doubt that the KKK probably did it?

Why all the rush by so many to downplay "brown" racism as white racism in disguise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies