Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 03:20 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,328,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alely View Post
It is never "safe to assume". An old teacher taught me this adage, "When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. (see what I did there?)
I do see what you've done. Clever.

BUT, it's a non-point. MS-13 is largely made up of illegal El Salvadorians.

There's a "better than average" chance that illegals did it, and even if a legal member of MS-13 did it, it still signifies a troubling trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 03:20 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,327,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
That’s right, my quote actually calls out a “US citizen who is against illegal immigrants AND creates a controversy to incite others” as a racist. You however wish to read it with your own lenses to incorrectly assume I’m calling all US citizens who oppose illegal immigrants as racists. That’s far from the truth and far from an accurate reading of my statement. But you seem to want to interpret how you want and I wont stop you, it seems to make you happy.

I feel it would be foolish on someones part to believe that everyone is so ethical that no one would ever “create a controversy” with the intention of starting something negative.Guess what, during custody hearings it isnt uncommon to hear that one parent is claiming the other is abusing the child. It then turns out the claim is false. So it isnt a stretch to think that someone who hates immigrants (illegal and/or legal) would do something to “blame” the immigrants on. To think it could “never” happen impies that the person denying it lives in some fantasyland.

Nope, my contempt is for people who create something and blame it on the party they hate, or people who jump to conclusions that fit their beliefs without requiring any evidence or proof.

Why I left is none of your concern, much like why you stay is none of mine. However I didn’t water down anything except for your “opinion” that is was started by hispanics. My statement actually stated that race wars between many races has been going on in SoCal for many years and it would be difficult to actually claim who “started” it. If you want to claim it is hispanics, then where is the proof?

As far as black people leaving southern california, I can tell you from the black people I know, it was economics, they cashed out on their properties and moved somewhere cheaper, not because of hispanics.
Talk about reading comprehension difficulties - I never asked WHY you left, I asked WHEN you left, as that is relevant to your perspective about the example I stated. Where did I state that you said "ALL anti illegals are racists???" I challenge you to find a single quote from me implying that.

And nice try with fixing your quote - as I stated, I copied it verbatim. You can doctor it all you like, it won't change the message.

How fascinating that you think someone is living in fantasyland if they don't believe in or accept your hypotheses. I don't expect you to look at this situation objectively because you have made your obstinence abundantly apparent. Whatever floats your boat - hypothesize until the cows come home as far as I'm concerned.

I personally don't care if aliens from the planet Nebulon did this - whoever did it needs to be PUNISHED to the full extent of the law. Period.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:21 PM

31 posts, read 64,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh sure.

I wonder, when someone burns a cross on a black family's lawn, do you automatically assume some radicalized element of the black community put the burning cross there in order to incite racial tension .... or do we give the benefit of the doubt that the KKK probably did it?

Why all the rush by so many to downplay "brown" racism as white racism in disguise?
That's because the burning cross is a symbol for the KKK and the KKK has proudly said that that's what they do.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I do see what you've done. Clever.

BUT, it's a non-point. MS-13 is largely made up of illegal El Salvadorians.

There's a "better than average" chance that illegals did it, and even if a legal member of MS-13 did it, it still signifies a troubling trend.
Thanks, it's a gift

Unless vandalizing like that started popping up on a good number of government property with the message to kill white people, in a lot of different locations, I think this is an unfortunate incident.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:25 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,328,662 times
Quote:
That's because the burning cross is a symbol for the KKK and the KKK has proudly said that that's what they do.
All the more easy then, for a non KKK member to appropriate the well-known symbols and methods of the KKK to incite racial disharmony.

It may very well turn out that the vandalism was an intricate scheme by "whitey" to.... what?..... incite negative feelings towards a notorious Central American gang?...... but I hope you realize that at this point, that isn't the first thing that pops into the minds of most rational people observing the situation.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
So by the logic of those posting in this thread claiming that radical white prankster youths or anti-illegal US Citizens pursuing a race war did this desecration, should we in the future then, assume that cross burning on a minority's front lawn was probably done by someone of the same ethnicity, to make it LOOK like the KKK did it? Jews are the ones vandalizing their own synagogues with swastikas too I presume?

Old 12-31-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Thanks, it's a gift

Unless vandalizing like that started popping up on a good number of government property with the message to kill white people, in a lot of different locations, I think this is an unfortunate incident.
An unfortunate incident? I'll have to use that one in the future.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
An unfortunate incident? I'll have to use that one in the future.
Was it not an unfortunate incident?

Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 PM

185 posts, read 354,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Good point, Cribster

Haven't you heard . . . ONLY WHITES ARE ALLOWED TO BE RACISTS?
! ! ! !
Haaa, yes Bummer, I've heard.

I'm not going to try and find the story but I read an account of a teacher/professor teaching as much. Not so much that whites are allowed, but are the only ones capable of racism.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So by the logic of those posting in this thread claiming that radical white prankster youths or anti-illegal US Citizens pursuing a race war did this desecration, should we in the future then, assume that cross burning on a minority's front lawn was probably done by someone of the same ethnicity, to make it LOOK like the KKK did it? Jews are the ones vandalizing their own synagogues with swastikas too I presume?
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth. My opinion is that the MS-13 DID DO IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies