Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 08:05 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

These people have an agenda, and that's why they keep perpetuating this hoax.

UN climate report offers stark warnings, hope - AOL.com

This is totally laughable; but these people are serious, which makes this dangerous to Freedom and Liberty loving people. In this country, this hoax is pedaled primarily by the Democrat Party, so it's just one more reason to vote them out of power on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 08:40 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
The UN will just tell you how they'll force you to accept their rules on preventing global warming. If you let them, of course..
Luckily we'll keep telling the UN to go pound sand and ignore their idiotic decrees.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:48 AM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
"Climate change is happening, it's almost entirely man's fault and limiting its impacts may require reducing greenhouse gas emissions to zero this century, the U.N.'s panel on climate science said Sunday."

Wow, what did those guys do back then to bring the Ice Age about?

Gas guzzling Mastodons?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:51 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Climate change is happening, it's almost entirely man's fault and limiting its impacts may require reducing greenhouse gas emissions to zero this century, the U.N.'s panel on climate science said Sunday."

Wow, what did those guys do back then to bring the Ice Age about?

Gas guzzling Mastodons?
That can't be it. I swear I saw Fred and Barney use their feet to power their Bedrock mobiles!

Old 11-02-2014, 08:56 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
I read the highlights - nothing short of zero emissions can save us. Since the average human CO2 output per capita is only slightly higher today as it was 1000 years ago, I'm doubtful.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:06 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
I've got my checkbook and pen out! Who do I need to write the check to in order to fend off our almost certain demise???

Old 11-02-2014, 09:06 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
"Science has spoken. There is no ambiguity in their message. Leaders must act. Time is not on our side," U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said at the report's launch in Copenhagen."

There are so many things wrong with the above, the most obvious being the first sentence. Climate change hoax is now a religion and Science is their false God.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:57 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,975 times
Copenhagen, the bicyclist utopia model that the american bicycle advocates want to bring here ( barf! ). The problem with the article, is that there is no objectivity, just major bias, an attitude that if you disagree with us, you're this, " insert insult here" Alarmists have no solid footing to stand on what so ever when those tactics are used. Why should every denier become an alarmist? I bet none of them can come up with a answer to that.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:34 PM

986 posts, read 2,509,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
These people have an agenda, and that's why they keep perpetuating this hoax.

UN climate report offers stark warnings, hope - AOL.com

This is totally laughable; but these people are serious, which makes this dangerous to Freedom and Liberty loving people. In this country, this hoax is pedaled primarily by the Democrat Party, so it's just one more reason to vote them out of power on Tuesday.
Yeah, the "liberty" and "freedom" to be a right-wing pathological liar who'd rather complain about any hint of taxation or regulation instead of dealing with scientific evidence like an adult. You fools were against the evidence before you even saw it. You think money keeps you alive but nature is running the show and you're completely ungrateful. Same mentality that sees other species as expendable. If they don't die from habitat loss you're happy to gun them down, Ted Nugent style. Same goes for trees and other vital plants. What a noble group you are.

You people will eventually be called out as the criminals you are. I'd like to see a major lawsuit against the GOP's coffers. Rush Limbaugh's retirement account could be purged for mitigation funds. Far too much time has been wasted with disinformation and petty denial.

Then again, it's not just Republicans who are apathetic. I see all sorts of people sitting around idling their engines while fingering smartphones, driving too fast for optimal MPG, buying absurdly big houses that use more energy, and taking a general cavalier attitude toward conservation. "I recycle" isn't enough.

For thinking people, here is the timeline of how scientists learned about global warming. It predates Al Gore's movie by many decades, so don't harp on a few easy scapegoats. If you want to disprove AGW you need to go way back and prove that CO2 was part of a vast conspiracy from day one.

The Discovery of Global Warming - AIP (Caution: Requires actual reading, which most people "don't have time for" - but they'll sure have time to blame someone else when it gets too bad to fix.)

Old 11-02-2014, 01:01 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
I have attached a link to the actual IPCC report. BUT WARNING!!!!! IT CONTAINS ACTUAL SCIENCE AND RESEARCH AND MAY REQUIRE THINKING!

The IPCC Synthesis Report is not written or paid by far right political bloggers or other paid shills or clowns that make up the Denier carnival.

Just more science and research on a Mt. Everest of science and research on the potential impact of AGW.

http://ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report...NGERREPORT.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies