Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 04:57 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,436,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I love this guy. Listen to the cheers he gets when he puts this moron in place.
Right, side with the loud mouth politician who won't do his job rather than the 'moron' Sandy survivor.

"A New Jersey activist and Hurricane Sandy survivor filmed during a confrontation with Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Wednesday accused his administration of short-changing a $1.1 billion federal relief package meant to help residents.

“Only 20 percent of those dollars have gotten to the people,” James Keady told MSNBC host Chris Hayes. “Of the $1.1 billion, $219 million has gone out. That means that the governor and his staff in Trenton are sitting on $800 million.”

According to Keady’s advocacy group, Finish The Job, Christie’s administration has mismanaged the Rehabilitation, Reconstruction, Elevation and Mitigation (RREM) while boasting about its success in the public eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 05:15 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,845,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I love this guy. Listen to the cheers he gets when he puts this moron in place.

Gov. Christie Tells Sandy Heckler To ‘Sit Down And Shut Up’ « CBS New York
I don't think he got that many cheers at all.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,102,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The preference is for lying politicians who are polite. Poor choice that.

We all live vicariously thru CC as he syas what we are thinking.

CC has made himself available for unscripted questions as a routine in public forums and on call in radio.

The last governor was there in nmae only.

Not many pols that would take unsolicited questions form the public and if they did they would not do it more than once.

No need to interpret CC's words unlike that great imaginary orator whose words accumulate as unintelligible sounds.
Well you guys can keep your loud mouth in New Jersey if you like him, that is fine with me, but he definitely isn't ever going to be president the way he acts.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,102,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Right, side with the loud mouth politician who won't do his job rather than the 'moron' Sandy survivor.

"A New Jersey activist and Hurricane Sandy survivor filmed during a confrontation with Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Wednesday accused his administration of short-changing a $1.1 billion federal relief package meant to help residents.

“Only 20 percent of those dollars have gotten to the people,” James Keady told MSNBC host Chris Hayes. “Of the $1.1 billion, $219 million has gone out. That means that the governor and his staff in Trenton are sitting on $800 million.”

According to Keady’s advocacy group, Finish The Job, Christie’s administration has mismanaged the Rehabilitation, Reconstruction, Elevation and Mitigation (RREM) while boasting about its success in the public eye.
Christie was more concerned with looking good for his reelection than he was at actually helping anyone in New Jersey. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next governor election in NJ, and hopefully the Democrats won't put up a no name candidate against him next time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Christie to lose support from the people in North Jersey and along the coast.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:28 PM

601 posts, read 458,559 times
Although I love his attitude, I'm not so sure outburst like this will win voters over in other areas of the country. He is one of the very few current Republicans I would consider though.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:40 PM

11,318 posts, read 16,638,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Christie was more concerned with looking good for his reelection than he was at actually helping anyone in New Jersey. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next governor election in NJ, and hopefully the Democrats won't put up a no name candidate against him next time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Christie to lose support from the people in North Jersey and along the coast.
Christie, whether you like him or not, he tells it like it is.

Unlike every other politician out there that panders to everyone.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:56 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,871,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I'm from NJ, and nope. People here generally like his personality, he really embodies the state in a lot of ways.

People would flip about a corruption scandal (and I don't mean that bridge thing, I mean the pocketing cash sort) because everyone is so sick of that nonsense, but being a jerk to people who disagree with him isn't a problem locally (might not play so well in Iowa though). His response to Sandy is generally considered satisfactory, with the only gripe I've heard being how silly the whole STRONGER THAN THE STOOOORM slogan was.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:17 PM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times
Some politicians listen to their constituents, while some others tell them to shut the heck up.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM

57,074 posts, read 26,036,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Christie, whether you like him or not, he tells it like it is.

Unlike every other politician out there that panders to everyone.
Yes the heckler was obnoxious and every politician has to deal with it, this is exactly why Christie is unelectable. Romney had to deal with the same and I don't recall him telling someone to sit down and shut up. Christie has same anger issues, some may enjoy it but he is doomed.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM

11,318 posts, read 16,638,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some politicians listen to their constituents, while some others tell them to shut the heck up.
Zero politicians listen to their constituents. Because if they did, taxes would be lower and we'ed all have puppies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies