Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:45 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times

Advertisements

Having a less effective combat force will get troops killed and end up being a huge detriment overall. However, having women in combat is so hip....so cool...so PC!....so Progressive! Yay!

Mission Accomplished? U.S. Marine Corps Might Lower Combat Standards For Women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 07:31 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Well if there is a forced gender normalizing at least all the rest of the world's military forces can chuckle even more at the USMC publicity mill.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:41 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
I would much rather see a draft than this. If they are this hurting for recruits get some of these losers off the street and teach them some discipline. Maybe save some of them from themselves. Women don't belong in combat. I'm not saying there is not important places in the military for them, but combat is not one of them.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:48 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,412 times
This is asinine. I have no problem with women serving in the military, PROVIDED that we do not lower the standards to let them serve. If that means less women are eligible, so be it.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
This is asinine. I have no problem with women serving in the military, PROVIDED that we do not lower the standards to let them serve. If that means less women are eligible, so be it.
I agree, but the link only cites a blog in which the author claims that there are some 'radical' groups that are requesting the Corps to lower standards so that women may serve. The time to be concerned is when the Marine Corps makes such an announcement.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:54 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
I agree with letting women do anything that a man can do, if they can do what a man can do. Lowering standards, no, I don't agree with that.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Never, never, never should they be in combat. They aren't wired like men. Men can completely disregard their humanity when in combat and do what it takes to survive and win. Thousands of years of war and conflict programmed into them. We have to stop this political correct nonsense cold when it comes to the military.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Never, never, never should they be in combat. They aren't wired like men. Men can completely disregard their humanity when in combat and do what it takes to survive and win. Thousands of years of war and conflict programmed into them. We have to stop this political correct nonsense cold when it comes to the military.
Tell that to the Israelis.

Women are just as good at combat roles as men. My issue is, can they carry my 210lb ass to safety if I'm wounded. As long as they can do that, I'm all for them being in combat roles.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:01 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Just like in the Navy, those women will deliberately get pregnant to avoid a deployment to an unsavory part of the world.

Stupid concept.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:16 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Tell that to the Israelis.

Women are just as good at combat roles as men. My issue is, can they carry my 210lb ass to safety if I'm wounded. As long as they can do that, I'm all for them being in combat roles.
I agree being a combat soldier, and we are talking infantry is not about what weapon you carry. Yes a woman can handle the trigger pull on any machinegun resting on its bi-pod and most can pull a charging handle on a M2. In this case the US Marines endurance test was to see if you can keep going after humping 120 lbs for an extended period and then be able to function. Remember if the women who were let in under a new standard are let in the men who failed and would have been dismissed will also be let in.

Politically we will "Hollywood" the endurance needed away as we focus on the sexy shooting and as we gender norm as we tell ourselves the APC or helicopter will carry that squad load of gear. And the vehicle might carry the load until the enemy knocks out the vehicle like the Argentinians did to the British in the Falklands. at which point the gender normalized combat unit becomes ineffective because the troop can not hump its own gear into position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies