Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I saw this video, which gives the impression that the only type of men who harass beautiful women on the street are black and Latino. Whites guys were edited out. Great that we live in a time now where the truth can be exposed, with many of these organizations promoting racial stereotypes and giving false impressions about white males.

Catcalling video: Hollaback's look at street harassment in NYC edited out the white guys.
Wow! Thank you so much for exposing this egregious injustice. The world is clearly now a better place after your monumental achievement here. Now maybe you can get together with Rev. Al and Rev. Jessee, join hands, and see if y'all can get an "AAAAAAAA-Men"! After that maybe a good spirited rendition of "Ol' Man River" would be in order........

Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
I don't get the point of those videos. Most of those cat calls are just compliments, I don't really see any harassment there.
When a woman wears figure-hugging clothes and is not ugly, she will attract men, that is simply nature.
If she wants to be invisible, why not wear a burqa?

Old 10-30-2014, 06:59 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
If she was ugly she would be complaining about getting no cat calls. Get over it.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:08 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
At the end of the video, it shows:

If you want to help, please donate to Hollaback! a non-profit dedicated to ending street harassment.

Can someone please enlighten me as to how donating money to this "non-profit" is going to end street harassment? What are they going to do? Push for laws making it illegal to speak to strangers on the street?

Also, that lady is fugly.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
I am starting to wonder where men and women are still supposed to make contact when it is referred to as harassment and taboo in more and more places, be it at the workplace, in public spaces, ...
Are we all to hope for some unrealistic situation like in all those romantic comedies? Or dating sites (where women might end up getting into real trouble as well)?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:16 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I saw this video, which gives the impression that the only type of men who harass beautiful women on the street are black and Latino. Whites guys were edited out. Great that we live in a time now where the truth can be exposed, with many of these organizations promoting racial stereotypes and giving false impressions about white males.

Catcalling video: Hollaback's look at street harassment in NYC edited out the white guys.

This is not Italy. Whites don't "hang around" on the streets during the day. They have jobs to go to.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
At the end of the video, it shows:

If you want to help, please donate to Hollaback! a non-profit dedicated to ending street harassment.

Can someone please enlighten me as to how donating money to this "non-profit" is going to end street harassment? What are they going to do? Push for laws making it illegal to speak to strangers on the street?

Also, that lady is fugly.
She let a guy follow her for at least 5 mins and said nothing! No one would have followed me for 5 mins without me wanting them too. Possibly women should start carrying mace and speak up when people say things they don't like.

She certainly never cracks a smile or any expression.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; what makes you think those "Latinos" weren't some kind of dark skin anglo white dude? Not all of us have pasty skin with light hair; most Arabs and many Italians don't.

True. I have German, Polish, and Slovak in me. So while in the winter I have pretty fair skin, in the summer I turn about 3-4 shades darker.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
If she was ugly she would be complaining about getting no cat calls. Get over it.

I saw the video. She is a "tub o lard". I guess these creeps are a bunch of "chubby chasers".

Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am starting to wonder where men and women are still supposed to make contact when it is referred to as harassment and taboo in more and more places, be it at the workplace, in public spaces, ...
Are we all to hope for some unrealistic situation like in all those romantic comedies? Or dating sites (where women might end up getting into real trouble as well)?

How about when the woman is STANDING STILL and LOOKING AT YOU. That is a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies