Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 02:42 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

On the topic of pride parades, did you guys realize that many if not most of us don't even attend them? I went to one once, and only because I liked one of the bands that was playing that day. There was nothing there I wouldn't allow my children to see. No sex in the streets, no buttless chaps, no nudity. There were some people in bathing suits, but nothing you wouldn't see on the beach.

I think people have this vision in their heads of what all pride parades are like. Some ARE raunchy, and some are family friendly and look more like carnivals ... with drag queens.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you want to support gay people, go right ahead. i support them too. But seriously, if you want to fight, fight fairly.

The gays and lesbians can say straight people shove sexuality down their throat simply because they (straight people) mention kids and wife. But when I was accused of denying and lying to myself, they were just being rude?

That is not being fair, don't you think?
Yes they were being rude. Just like the guys that say they could **** me straight or that I just haven't had the right man yet.. There are rude homosexuals, and rude heterosexuals.

I have been accused of shoving my sex life down peoples throats for mentioning my fiancee, because she is the same sex as me, and for holding hands in the mall.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:48 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes they were being rude. Just like the guys that say they could **** me straight or that I just haven't had the right man yet.. There are rude homosexuals, and rude heterosexuals.

I have been accused of shoving my sex life down peoples throats for mentioning my fiancee, because she is the same sex as me, and for holding hands in the mall.
Well then maybe gays and lesbians can just accept that straight people get pregnant and have kids. We are not trying to shove sexuality down their throat either. Geeze, we cannot help it. we don't know getting pregnant or mentioning kids growing up is freaking rude.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:01 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
The definitive word is "eventually" do you realize that some of us want equality in our own lifetime? It is not fair to make us wait for equality, when everyone knows it is the only fair thing to do. Why should we wait for eventually? Do you think that blacks should have just waited till soceity eventually wanted them to have equal rights. They fought for their rights as citizens, same as gays are, we are just as much in your face as they were. If the rights we wanted were not so important for us to fight for, then what is the US about? Freedom and equality is not based on sexual orientation.

Agreed ! I have no problem understanding and agree with your points.....but no one has as of yet explained to me how marching in a parade does any tangible good for the cause.

What is the connection between a Gay Price parade and legislative action to give them the right to be a legal couple with all the corollary rights and responsibilities any straight couple has ?

I'm not at all trying to be argumentative here, please understand that. I'm just trying (begging actually) to be convinced by some good logical thoughts so I'll "get it".

That being said, I should add something that I read in a previous post and have to agree with. Some of the gay pride parades do feature a few "pretty out there" participants which of course doesn't do anything but alienate some otherwise good people who are typically more open minded.

I've never attended a gay pride parade, although I've been driving through communities on the Harley a few times and did stop and observe for a bit until traffic cleared. There are definitely some interesting people, some in rather provocative attire !

Old 10-31-2014, 03:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Well then maybe gays and lesbians can just accept that straight people get pregnant and have kids. We are not trying to shove sexuality down their throat either. Geeze, we cannot help it. we don't know getting pregnant or mentioning kids growing up is freaking rude.
I agree with this

Old 10-31-2014, 03:37 PM

993 posts, read 1,767,623 times
Quote:
I understand what you are saying. I really do. Like I said earlier, I have a lot of gay friends. It is really a non-issues. Maybe I am living a very sheltered life, I constantly ask myself, "Do we still have people who cannot accept gays and lesbians?" and I realize we still do. For that, I am very sorry that you have to deal with this.

But can you try to put yourself in our shoes? You see a person in this very thread saying that straight folks shove straight sexuality down your throat by mentioning kids and family life. How do you suggest we talk about everyday life then?

I honestly believe most people truly don't care. There are some folks don't get the gay life style, unfortunately, there are still some folks believe homosexuality is a choice. But most people really don't care about what others do behind closed doors.

I have been approached by three lesbian maybe bisexual women when I was in college. I told them I wasn't interested. They were very nice and didn't push the issue. But one lady told me that everybody has bisexuality tendency, especially woman. So I was just lying to myself. Is it fair for me I must ask. Do you think she shoved her sexuality down my throat?
The poster doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with that. What they mean is that straight people announce their heterosexuality all the time in little ways without even realizing it. But if a gay person even holds their partner's hand or kisses them in public, they are "shoving it down their throat." That is what the poster was describing. They don't care that people talk about their lives.

I think that she was very rude and ignorant. That's about it.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The only reason people say that is because we are accused of doing that very thing if we mention our partner, or hold hands, or give a quick peck in public. Either it is ok for everyone, or no one.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:47 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
The poster doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with that. What they mean is that straight people announce their heterosexuality all the time in little ways without even realizing it. But if a gay person even holds their partner's hand or kisses them in public, they are "shoving it down their throat." That is what the poster was describing. They don't care that people talk about their lives.

I think that she was very rude and ignorant. That's about it.
Certainly not me. I think gays holding hands are beautiful. But i have been called homophobic before and I honestly didn't even know what I did or said.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:51 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I was responding to a poster about her being hit on by lesbians. She said it was them shoving their sexuality down her throat. My point ws that there are rude people of every type.
One thing about gays and lesbians.

should guys and girls in bathrooms be wary of them?

there is thus much chance for abuse by the lesbian and gay crowd.

to have precautions in place we may need to make it mandatory to not have all inclusive restrooms but instead

single room stalls.
to solve the issue

do gays like having another gay person staring at them in the bathroom?
straight men surely wont like that

same questions with lesbians
straight women also won't like that

all that feels like sexual harassment. from gays/lesbians to the straight community instead.
that's just one of the problems that need to be resolved to move forward.

so instead of connected bathrooms perhaps we should have the bathrooms
single stall instead to be fair to all.

thus everyone gets privacy instead of a pervert of any group taking advantage of the situation eg gay/lesbian/straight staring at you in the bathroom.

guys going into the ladies room always gets kicked the **** out of them and arrested what makes gays and lesbians so special they can escape that fate?

same with ladies going into the mens room they would be looked at funny but less stigma from police.

so one of the things needed to be done is bathroom privacy for all.
no gender bathrooms then.

people just need to keep it clean.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:59 PM

993 posts, read 1,767,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
One thing about gays and lesbians.

should guys and girls in bathrooms be wary of them?

there is thus much chance for abuse by the lesbian and gay crowd.

to have precautions in place we may need to make it mandatory to not have all inclusive restrooms but instead

single room stalls.
to solve the issue

do gays like having another gay person staring at them in the bathroom?
straight men surely wont like that

same questions with lesbians
straight women also won't like that

all that feels like sexual harassment. from gays/lesbians to the straight community instead.
that's just one of the problems that need to be resolved to move forward.

so instead of connected bathrooms perhaps we should have the bathrooms
single stall instead to be fair to all.

thus everyone gets privacy instead of a pervert of any group taking advantage of the situation eg gay/lesbian/straight staring at you in the bathroom.

guys going into the ladies room always gets kicked the **** out of them and arrested what makes gays and lesbians so special they can escape that fate?

same with ladies going into the mens room they would be looked at funny but less stigma from police.

so one of the things needed to be done is bathroom privacy for all.
no gender bathrooms then.

people just need to keep it clean.
I feel like I have a lower IQ after reading your post

Straight people like you may think that you're god's gift to gays, but you're really not. You know what I do in the bathroom? I expel waste from my body just like everybody else

I go to the bathroom to go to the bathroom. I don't go to the bathroom to rape people and stare at penises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies