Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 03:33 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
I predict middle America will be shutting off their Apple phones within one year and switching to straight phones!
Certainly not me, I plan on buying more apple products. Ipad mac iPhone, that is market dominance.

I would rather him talking about stock and his products. A 50 something men's sexuality is the last thing I am interested in. eewww Not appealing.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:23 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I don't see what the point is. Why do LGBT people keep insisting on shoving their sexuality in our faces? If anything this "in your face" mentality is going to lead to blowback against the LGBT community. It's annoying people who would otherwise have no objection to LGBT people. I don't feel the need to tell everyone that I am straight. I don't post about it on Facebook, Twittter, or post announcements at work.

I don't care about one's sexuality, I care about people as people. But let me tell you ... the "we're here, we're *****" routine of shoving their sexuality people's faces is getting really stale.
Because you are ASSUMED to be straight. If anybody is "shoving" their sexuality, it's heterosexuals. I've had it "shoved" in my face from day one. When you come to work and say you have a wife and kids, or mention what your kids are up to, or when a pregnant woman comes to work, those are all blatant displays of heterosexuality!

The only reason gay Americans have the right to marry and aren't treated like punching bags any more (for the most part) is because gay Americans stood up for themselves came out!! The more heterosexuals know gay people, the more they understand that we're not a bunch of mentally ill, disease-ridden, filthy predators. Why do you think gay people are mostly accepted today? Because most people KNOW someone who is gay! If we all pretended to be single people with no lives, trust me. We'd still be the punching bags we were in the past.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:24 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
"Thou shalt not be gay without making a public annoucement about it and pronouncing thyself 'proud' of it."

Am I supposed to be proud of my blue eyes?
Are people oppressing you for having blue eyes?

Old 10-30-2014, 04:26 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
This is not news. The first time I saw his picture I knew he was gay.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Get over it. Thinking people, including the Episcopalian Church, disagree with you. Episcopalians, as I recall, also allow female clergy. I guess that makes them double the devil, in your eyes.

Let me guess. You are a fundamentalist of one kind or another. Do you even know any gay people? Ever worked with gays? I'm pretty sure you have rubbed elbows with gays. You just didnt know it.

God does not hate. People hate. God'd message is love.

Plenty of Christians, with love in their hearts, embrace gays in their congregations. Sorry there is no love in your heart.
Oh, so if you don't accept homosexuality, you are not a "thinking person?" Your opinion only.

The Episcopalian Church, like most "mainline" denominations, have long ago become apostate. They can hardly be called "Christian." This was all predicted in the Bible as well.

A "fundamentalist of one kind or another?" And what do you think a "fundamentalist" is?

Why does it matter if I have or haven't known ("rubbed elbows" with) gays? But since you asked: Are you talking about the gays that used to slip notes under our doors when I was in Art Scool (they were not art students, they just happened to also be living at the YMCA, or were transients). They would "invite" us to meet them in a certain room, "for a good time." I might be sitting at my desk working on an art project, and hear the "whoosh" under the door, and there was the usual note. Disgusting!

As for you last comment, God does hate. God hates sin. God hates unbelief. Where are you getting, "God's message is love?" God's message is repentance, and salvation for those who believe. It's in the Bible. Look it up.

Any Christians who embrace sin in their congregations are disobedient, and should be corrected. Gays are welcome in the church if they repent of their sin. Without repentance, and a change in their lifestyle, they cannot be accepted into the Church.

Get over it.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:08 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
There IS no "straight" or "gay". Both terms are concocted, phony, and meaningless. But there ARE misfits and disruptors.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Interesting that his "shoving his sexuality down your throat" is bothersome, but his "Shoving his religion down your throat" didn't even register.

It's a perfect example of how people's reaction to something negative is many times stronger than that of something neutral or positive. It's they basis of why the Fox News Crowd thinks the rest of the media is biased, because they take huge issues with things they don't agree with (or can't understand) and hardly notice anything that supports what they've been led to believe.
Dang! I just knew somebody was going to work Fox News into this thread sooner or later! LOL What is it with you people and Fox News? You are obsessed. You must really feel threatened, and that's telling. No wonder, since all of the MSM is under control of the Democrat Party and much of it funded by George Soros!

Old 10-30-2014, 05:27 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
So he sleeps with the same-sex, what's the big deal? I sleep with the opposite sex, does anyone care? Do I need to hold a press conference? He is proud of his lifestyle? Alright that's fine, he can be proud of whatever he wants, it's a free country. He believes it's a gift that God has given him? Not sure what God he is talking about, it's certainly not the God of the Bible as that God speaks against such behavior, however once again it is a free country and he can believe whatever he wants to, and he probably will because that's what everyone does nowadays.

People don't care about the truth, all they care about is what makes them happy. I know people who are obese and they attempt to "normalize" it by saying that they were born that way and that it's wrong to disagree with their lifestyle. Well sorry, while I would never judge a person who is obese (or gay), nor I would never tell them how to live their lives, but I also won't lie and pretend that such a thing is "normal." It's most certainly not. It's unhealthy, it's dangerous, our bodies were not designed to carry so much weight, it is a medical fact. Our bodies were not designed to sleep with the same-sex either, the parts do not "fit," it spreads disease, and it doesn't lead to the continuation of the species, which even if you're not religious you will have to agree with as evolution dictates that one of the sole goals of an individual species is to pass on it's genetic information, survival of the fittest and all that.

Nobody should care. This goes for both sides of the aisle. I don't care about your sex life, quite frankly I don't want to know anything about it, and I'm sure the same goes for you regarding mine. All this "pro-gay" propaganda is getting annoying, and the liberals are getting way out of hand about it. They're literally obsessed with it. They want everyone to "celebrate" it as if the entire world has to stop and acknowledge that there's a gay person in the room. They want to parade it through the streets (and they do) and if you don't want to join them, prepare to be attacked with their army of political correct police. You will enjoy being slandered as a "bigot" or "phobe" simply for expressing a different and non-hostile viewpoint such as "I don't support it" or "I disagree with the lifestyle." That's all it takes, because despite their claims of tolerance they are actually the most intolerant people in our society. They are fascists, and like all fascists they will use intimidation and force to get their way. One needs to look no further than what happened to the Mozilla FireFox CEO or the many Christian businesses that were sued and put out of business. Tolerance only for those you agree with is not truly tolerance, an important lesson that people on both sides of this issue need to learn.

Here's the bottom line: people should just mind their own business. I know several gay people, and as long as they don't try to make a move on me I don't care, that should be all of our attitudes. Their sexuality is not a topic that anyone feels the need to bring up. What consenting adults do in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom, it's nobody's business but your own and nobody wants to hear about it, and nobody sure as hell wants to "celebrate" it either, so stop trying to force us to.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If every male and female human born had this same gift, god's creation would cease to exist after a few generations.
LOL!!! I love it! I wish I had thought of that!

Old 10-30-2014, 06:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
It's fine but at this point no one cares about his sexuality. For that matter, few have ever cared. I bought an Apple II about 35 years ago, and the last thing on my mind was the sexual orientation of Woz or Jobs. I wanted know about memory and megahertz. Also the availability of UCSD Pascal and the all-important Z-80 card from Microsoft. It never would have occurred to me to inquire as to the CEO's sexuality.

The comparison to MLK is overblown. Tim Cook, get back to us when you have a national holiday named after you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies