Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe
Yes 43 75.44%
No 12 21.05%
Undecided 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 06:35 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do I believe there are alien intelligent species on our planet? I don't know

Do I believe that we are the only intelligent life in the Universe? Hell no.
Exactly this. The odds of us being the only significant lifeforms in the vastness of the universe are very low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 11:23 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
On Deathbed, Former ‘Lockheed Martin Engineer’ With

I believe anything is possible....

Many years ago, we were at a raceway....in NJ watching cars going around a racetrack, in broad daylight....

all of a sudden this huge bright light hovered over the racetrack, it was huge, the size of the racetrack....the entire stadium grew so quiet you could hear a pin drop....then as quickly as it appeared it was gone, and people all around the track said to each other, "did you see that?" Everyone at that track was just so dumbfounded, and then, all of a sudden, everything went back to normal, as if it never happened.

the next day, all of us, and there were 8 of us, took off and gathered newspapers from all over the Jersey Shore area, but nothing, there was nothing about it in any paper.
So, we went to breakfast and chaulked it up to the fact that we all saw a flying saucer?

Do you believe? and if so, Why?
Define "aliens"

I believe that in a universe so large as ours, there is life all over the place out there, and intelligent life to be found.

I do NOT believe in alien abduction nor alien piloted UFO's.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:13 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Define "aliens"

I believe that in a universe so large as ours, there is life all over the place out there, and intelligent life to be found.

I do NOT believe in alien abduction nor alien piloted UFO's.
other beings from outer space with intelligence.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:04 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
I disagree, b/c there are thousands of dimensions, and perhaps they have found a a way to slip thru Dimensions.
and, by the way, each and every President, asked that Question, actually, Kennedy said, he was definetly going to find out....
also, any pilot, who reports seeing one, is fired...why?

Did President Kennedy Meet Extraterrestrials?
There is some interesting information coming out of declassified docs. Also the 2 different disclosure hearings. The one fairly recently and around 2000? One of the biggest concern with so-called UFO phenom is around technology, especially energy technology. This is the same for any other similar type of technology. Everything in an economy is tied to energy.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:26 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
On Deathbed, Former ‘Lockheed Martin Engineer’ With

I believe anything is possible....

Many years ago, we were at a raceway....in NJ watching cars going around a racetrack, in broad daylight....

all of a sudden this huge bright light hovered over the racetrack, it was huge, the size of the racetrack....the entire stadium grew so quiet you could hear a pin drop....then as quickly as it appeared it was gone, and people all around the track said to each other, "did you see that?" Everyone at that track was just so dumbfounded, and then, all of a sudden, everything went back to normal, as if it never happened.

the next day, all of us, and there were 8 of us, took off and gathered newspapers from all over the Jersey Shore area, but nothing, there was nothing about it in any paper.
So, we went to breakfast and chaulked it up to the fact that we all saw a flying saucer?

Do you believe? and if so, Why?
I believe anything is possible. It seems like an arrogant way of thinking that we could be the only higher thinking beings, although right here on earth that seems debatable at times.. LOL

There might be another earth that happened a millions yrs before our earth and there could possibly be other things out there... I'm not a big conspiracy theorist type... just sayin.... keep your eyes open to the possibility....and at the risk of sounding a bit paranoid... if there were intelligent beings... they might view us as the way we would view a flea or mosquitos... so if they do show up... it might necessarily not be a Spielberg ET moment.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:34 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I believe anything is possible. It seems like an arrogant way of thinking that we could be the only higher thinking beings, although right here on earth that seems debatable at times.. LOL

There might be another earth that happened a millions yrs before our earth and there could possibly be other things out there... I'm not a big conspiracy theorist type... just sayin.... keep your eyes open to the possibility....and at the risk of sounding a bit paranoid... if there were intelligent beings... they might view us as the way we would view a flea or mosquitos... so if they do show up... it might necessarily not be a Spielberg ET moment.
I'm a believer that intelligent life exists, perhaps they have visited perhaps they have not. I certianly agree with you that if they do exist how do we know they are the type of alien that we want to know ? What if the alien race,species or whatever they are are friendly and don't think of us as either food or just another form of energy? A very good series of scifi books by harry turtledove called "World War Series" does have some interesting ideas in it. I'd suggest checking it out for those who never heard of him.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:43 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
It's one of those things I'd like to know yet not sure I want to know.
It may be best to continue thinking we are the smartest ones around.

Hopefully they don't run big zoos like we do.
Or need to re-stock their freezer and don't eat beef, chicken or pork.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Chowhound I believe anything is possible. It seems like an arrogant way of thinking that we could be the only higher thinking beings, although right here on earth that seems debatable at times.. LOL
yes, you could take it this way, but you could take it another way as well....oh, I believe, but also believe anything is possible, and that isn't arrogant....it is my honest thoughts..

Quote:
There might be another earth that happened a millions yrs before our earth and there could possibly be other things out there... I'm not a big conspiracy theorist type... just sayin.... keep your eyes open to the possibility....and at the risk of sounding a bit paranoid... if there were intelligent beings... they might view us as the way we would view a flea or mosquitos... so if they do show up... it might necessarily not be a Spielberg ET moment
I guess you didn't read my story about the raceway down at the shore?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I'm a believer that intelligent life exists, perhaps they have visited perhaps they have not. I certianly agree with you that if they do exist how do we know they are the type of alien that we want to know ? What if the alien race,species or whatever they are are friendly and don't think of us as either food or just another form of energy? A very good series of scifi books by harry turtledove called "World War Series" does have some interesting ideas in it. I'd suggest checking it out for those who never heard of him.
there are some very good shows on TV, about this, on the History 2 Channel, and many more, have been watching for almost 2 years and some of those shows are very interesting.....

Flying saucers have been recorded as far back as biblical times....they even showed paintings with them in the paintings....

Old 11-02-2014, 09:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
IMO it is silly to think that with a universe as vast and endless as this one, that Earth is the only planet out there with intelligent life.
It's typical human solipsism to believe that this was all made for us.

But hey, the Bible doesn't mention other intelligent life, so there must not be any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies