Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 10:23 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,249,311 times

Advertisements

This thread will probably end-up getting locked again, but I just can't help myself when it comes to questioning liberal hypocrisy.

My question:

There has been a lot of talk lately, by liberals, about the tendency of Americans lately to lump all Muslims into the "terrorist" category. We need to assume that the majority of Muslims are good people and that the radical-ized American Muslims are few and far between, liberals say.

So, why then, do liberals do the exact thing that they preach against, when it comes to gun control??? When a single, often mentally-ill gunman commits a crime, do liberals think that we should condemn all gun owners?

I just don't understand...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 AM

68,279 posts, read 54,042,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
This thread will probably end-up getting locked again, but I just can't help myself when it comes to questioning liberal hypocrisy.

My question:

There has been a lot of talk lately, by liberals, about the tendency of Americans lately to lump all Muslims into the "terrorist" category. We need to assume that the majority of Muslims are good people and that the radical-ized American Muslims are few and far between, liberals say.

So, why then, do liberals do the exact thing that they preach against, when it comes to gun control??? When a single, often mentally-ill gunman commits a crime, do liberals think that we should condemn all gun owners?

I don't understand why you put forth that fallacy as if it's a fact. Read your own premise about one bad apple, just because some extremists may think we should condemn all gun owners for the actions of one doesn't make that the common position of a majority of liberals, many of whom own guns of their own.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:33 AM

29,419 posts, read 16,313,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post

My question:

simple, we dont, you are both generalizing and over exaggerating.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:20 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,646,638 times
i agree with the others, you are over simplifying things. you lump people into one category or another, and then throw out a faulty premise, IE; conservatives claim all muslims are terrorists, all liberals are gun grabbers.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:20 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,151,232 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96HqPpjI3UY

Old 10-31-2014, 03:20 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,249,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't understand why you put forth that fallacy as if it's a fact. Read your own premise about one bad apple, just because some extremists may think we should condemn all gun owners for the actions of one doesn't make that the common position of a majority of liberals, many of whom own guns of their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
simple, we dont, you are both generalizing and over exaggerating.
Oh please. It may be a generalization, but gun control is clearly divided along party lines. The Obama administration was clear in it's attempts to use Newtown as an excuse to try to extend background checks, magazine restrictions, and "assault weapon" bans (some of these happened in CO and NY - passed by liberal politicians), while - less than two years two years later, Democrats are pleading with people to accept Muslims, despite the "outliers" that blanket the media.

I myself, am very pro-environment. Does that mean that conservatives are all tree huggers and against big oil? Clearly not. Just as one democrat being against gun control does not mean that the majority are against gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies