Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Chelsea doesn't appear to have her father's charm and charisma or her mom's moxy and confidence.

She seems a tad socially awkward to me, and I don't think the political stage would be something she would aspire to.
You may be right, and she may outgrow it. They're kids, not clones, and have their own personalities and sentiments.

We had one of the distant Taft family offsprings as a Republican Ohio Governor recently, and he did so well the state turned strongly Democratic in 2006.

Last edited by NewToCA; 01-02-2008 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 12:17 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRead View Post
Good, that is what I like to hear.
check yer scource... "fox news says" ther's yer sign...

Old 01-02-2008, 12:19 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Chelsea doesn't appear to have her father's charm and charisma or her mom's moxy and confidence.

She seems a tad socially awkward to me, and I don't think the political stage would be something she would aspire to.
perhaps.. but don't disregard the fact that she's still young in regards to a political career... with time and endulgence one can overcome many setbacks that being young creates.... but then again she could just aspire to be a school teacher as well... time will tell..

Old 01-02-2008, 12:31 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,065,164 times
I believe she won't get into politics, just my feeling.

I wonder how people can discern that Chelsea Clinton was ill-raised. Lots of people grow up in households with ambitious parents and don't turn out bad at all. I believe Chelsea Clinton has done quite well in life and likely doesn't harbor bad feelings and misgivings to her parents.

What are we comparing this to... the Bush Twins? Jeb's daughter, the drug addict whom daddy bailed out? In comparison Chelsea Clinton is pretty much beyond repproach.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
In comparison Chelsea Clinton is pretty much beyond repproach.
That's hard to say since the media, and rightfully so imo, left her alone out of their repect for the Clintons.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:16 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,712,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticalGab View Post
What we've got here is a house of cards that is already starting to show signs of collapsing. The scary thing is the Republicans believe they're doing the right thing, and will continue to do it. I have a lot more courage than you do I guess.
And the Dems are just as much to blame for it and will do nothing to reverse it.

Quote:
You got me there, they'll raise taxes. Raise them for who? Americans making over $200,000 a year? Boo-hoo. They'll be lowering them for the middle class, that's what I care about.
Of course that's all you care about, because liberals are inherently selfish. And, just out of curiosity, who do you suppose pays most of the tax revenue taken in by the government? So when a tax cut happens, who is likely to get the most benefit? Yeah..

Quote:
Actually, if they can just change the direction of the national debt I'll be happy.
Who are we talking about now? The Democrats? I'm not particularly pleased with the spending that the Republicans have done lately, but if you think the Dems are going to fix it, you're out of your mind.

Quote:
1. I know enough to know I'd rather you don't show up at the polls, ever. I know enough to know that you're responsible for the shape we're in now.
Wow, I disagree with you, so you want to take away my right to vote. Typical liberalism. You can't win on facts, logic, or reason, so you jump right to force.

Quote:
2. I'm done debating this with your kind, it's a fruitless effort.
But we were just starting to have fun

Quote:
3. Thankfully, the greater portion of the voting public has seen the light. The last thing I have to worry about is a Republican in office come January 20, 2009 No amount of bible-thumping or scare-mongering is going to change that.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep better at night, but last I checked, ol' Hillary doesn't match up to well against any of the Republican front runners.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:31 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,986,497 times
believe Chelsea Clinton has done quite well in life and likely doesn't harbor bad feelings and misgivings to her parents.

What are we comparing this to... the Bush Twins? Jeb's daughter, the drug addict whom daddy bailed out? In comparison Chelsea Clinton is pretty much beyond repproach.

I am sure she has no misgivings toward her parents. Jeb's daughter, at least was a typical college gal - drinking at one stage and turned out OK. (no drunk or drug addict). But you will never convince me that those two parents were available to give her quality time.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:51 PM

Location: On another site. This one is lame :) Trying to give it a second chance though.
105 posts, read 71,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
And the Dems are just as much to blame for it and will do nothing to reverse it.

Of course that's all you care about, because liberals are inherently selfish. And, just out of curiosity, who do you suppose pays most of the tax revenue taken in by the government? So when a tax cut happens, who is likely to get the most benefit? Yeah..

Who are we talking about now? The Democrats? I'm not particularly pleased with the spending that the Republicans have done lately, but if you think the Dems are going to fix it, you're out of your mind.

Wow, I disagree with you, so you want to take away my right to vote. Typical liberalism. You can't win on facts, logic, or reason, so you jump right to force.

But we were just starting to have fun

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep better at night, but last I checked, ol' Hillary doesn't match up to well against any of the Republican front runners.
I don't have that much energy to pound on the quote button, so here goes.

We tried it the other way, you know, the WRONG way. Big business has done REAL well the last 7 years. NOTHING got passed to us.

Instead of passing it to us in the form of reasonable salaries, they're all outsourcing everything so we can make do with the salaries we have, and they're keeping the money and/or passing it to the executives.

I'm curious.

What in the world do you do for a living? I'm curious as to WHY you think we're doing so well under the current model?

Do you work for a defense contractor or something?

Living on inheritance?

I'm lost here. I seriously need to understand why someone smart enough to even turn on a computer thinks the way you do. Am I missing something here? Seriously. What could you possibly do for a living that makes you think everything is right with this government?

Me baffled.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:37 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
I don't think little Miss. Clinton wants to be president. I don't even get the impression she is interested in politics beyond supporting her parents. I think she is a very person, but not presidential. I would not vote for her. I just don't have that level of confidence in her- not at this point any way.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
she will just crank out a bunch of ugly kids. The Clintons are a big joke, all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies