Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:18 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,561,694 times

Advertisements

I have a strange feeling about her. I believe she will be the first female president. Does anyone else agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 01:31 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
She's been protected from the media to the point where I don't know much about her.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:05 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,430,343 times
Chelsea Clinton frustrates me. She is in the position to do so much good- educated at some of the best schools in the world, extremely smart (having important parents can get you so far in life, but it won't get you a National Merit Award finalist spot), about as well connected as you can get, wealthy family, etc. So what does she do? Work for a hedge fund. Not that I think hedge funds are the root of all evil or anything and it's probably unfair to expect more of her, but it still bothers me.

I don't really think she has the high political aspirations of her parents, but who knows. Like doc said, we really don't know all too much about her- which is a good thing. Lord knows the poor girl went through hell in the Clinton household and with the few jibes she got from the media (most famously Rush Limbaugh's "Whitehouse dog" comment), even without more direct media scrutiny.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:34 AM

419 posts, read 2,018,854 times
Thumbs down She snubs 9 year old reporter

FOX News says that Chelsea snubbed a 9 year old reporter and that this will turn voters away from her Mother.

http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7559627

Old 01-01-2008, 07:03 AM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
FOX News says that Chelsea snubbed a 9 year old reporter and that this will turn voters away from her Mother.

http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7559627
Good, that is what I like to hear.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 AM

Location: On another site. This one is lame :) Trying to give it a second chance though.
105 posts, read 71,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I have a strange feeling about her. I believe she will be the first female president. Does anyone else agree?
No way in the world. She is politically useless. If anything, she's been a liability to her parents.

She's also nothing but a spoiled little snob. The Bush twins have a better chance at the White House.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:43 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Enough of the Clinton's already please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 AM

Location: On another site. This one is lame :) Trying to give it a second chance though.
105 posts, read 71,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Enough of the Clinton's already please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't formulate the choices, I just have to make one.

I'll take a Clinton over a Republidisaster any day of the week, although as most of you know I'd rather have Biden.

Chelsea, lol, insignificant doesn't even begin to describe her.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think she as much future in politics as Carolyn Kennedy or Chip Carter.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:40 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticalGab View Post
I don't formulate the choices, I just have to make one.

I'll take a Clinton over a Republidisaster any day of the week, although as most of you know I'd rather have Biden.

Chelsea, lol, insignificant doesn't even begin to describe her.
Haha, Republidisaster...that's funny. Because it combines Republican with disaster, which is kinda like describing what republicans are while using their name in the same word. It's funny. You're a funny guy. That's good. I'm going to use it.

Wait, let me see if I can do it the other way..Demosaster? Demaster? Demisaster? Wow, it doesn't work with Democrats.

You're really on to something here.

Anyway, yeah, let's get more Clintons. That's what this country needs. We don't even need to know what a Clinton stands for, as long as their name is Clinton. We should get more Clintons to run, too, so that we have multiple Clintons on every ballot. That should ensure plenty of Clintons in office at any given time. And as I said, if this country needs more of anything, it's Clintons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies