Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 01:19 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Now the Browns are upset because they were not notified.

I do wonder why they are waiting until late afternoon or, evening.

6AM would make sense to me.
The Brown's Attorney was the person who claimed on a Sunday talk show that they would get 24 hours notice of what the Grand Jury decision would be. I said at the time - "never happen".

I have no idea -- I don't know why they waited until today, the weekend would have been better or even Sunday night. The timing is not going to effect the Mobs .... they are ready to go. They were out last night. Defaced a Civil War Memorial and a Historic Gateway Memorial in the Shaw neighborhood. A reporter was beaned in the head by a rock and a woman died of a gun shot to the head in downtown - she bought the gun to protect herself and had the loaded gun out in the car. Car was in an accident and the gun went off. This stuff is all tragic. Kids that have dropped out of school to 'protest', people who have lost or given up their jobs to 'protest', all the poor business owners that will go under because of the 'protest' ..... and the Millions and Millions of dollars it has cost.

The town of Ferguson is toast.

deray mckesson @deray · 1h 1 hour ago
Just promise to tune into whatever happens. Watch America as it truly is. Watch America boldly and proudly reclaim Jim Crow. #Ferguson

We protest because we know that we will get killed if we are silent and the risks of speaking are worth it. We protest to live. #Ferguson

If anything, I'm heartbroken and sad. Sad that in 2014 we have to take to the streets to say that black people can't be killed. #Ferguson

I don't want to die. (Typing that made my eyes water.). I want to live in an America that won't slaughter me or those like me. #Ferguson

DeRay is from Minnesota - he is a Human Resources Director for the Minneapolis School District. He hires Teachers .... can you imagine what kind of criteria he has for Teachers? The only good news is that DeRay is no longer a Teacher himself. He is famous among the Media, tons of glowing interviews with DeRay -- they call him a Voice of Reason. Obama did an interview that aired yesterday - in his little Fantasy Land ... he thinks Race Relations have vastly improved since he was elected. The Civil Rights Era brought us Hope and I was a part of that. The Obama Racial Improvement has brought Despair and pity those that are a part of that.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
It has improved. Their dysfunction is front and center for all to see. Out in the open is better than behind the shed.

These are broken people believing in their persecution to the exclusion of all else. If they want they can be helped to learn, but only in a climate of acceptance, not the irrational hatred they preach.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:24 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Two things that I hope happen. I hope the verdict, which ever way it goes, was based on the evidence presented and nothing more. I also hope that there is no violence, no looting, and no one gets harmed.

I do hope that Officer Wilson was in the right, and I'm hoping evidence shows that. Never do I want a cop to kill without valid reason to do so.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Two things that I hope happen. I hope the verdict, which ever way it goes, was based on the evidence presented and nothing more. I also hope that there is no violence, no looting, and no one gets harmed.

I do hope that Officer Wilson was in the right, and I'm hoping evidence shows that. Never do I want a cop to kill without valid reason to do so.
Agreed.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:29 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
[quote=Gtownoe;37400120][quote=Curmudgeon;37399151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I do so BECAUSE of the evidence presented thus far. There's more than enough probable cause to indict. Let an actual jury sort everything out. Not handle things in secret in some closed room with a biased prosecutor.

I'm smart enough to run 3 businesses, one operating internationally. I've also seen this very scenario play out before. I know about grand juries and that they don't always get things right. I've researched this case and the aftermath nearly every day. I doubt there's a poster who's presented more evidence on this case than me. And I was talking about it before Ferguson ever happened.

Nice deflection though. What evidence are you seeing that proves Wilson was justified? Are you saying there is NO probable cause? Are you saying multiple witnesses aren't probable cause?

You don't have to attack me to prove your point is right. You just have to reason.
Granted you have posted more than anyone else; all of it hope, hearsay and speculation - none of it hard fact.

If you really had the capacity or true desire to weigh the issues and use critical thinking skills you would never say I've presented evidence that Wilson was justified because I've never done so. I don't know one way or the other anymore than you do. You merely flatter yourself. With that, G'day!

Old 11-24-2014, 01:31 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If he's not convicted we'll never know what was actually presented.
That was Nancy Pelosi's point about having to enact a law in order to know its contents.

After the fact, the Hillary axiom would chime, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Old 11-24-2014, 02:01 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Pelosi's brain has been baked for some time.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:10 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I did not say fingerprints. I said DNA.
Blood splatter. After Wilson shot him through the hand.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:10 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Ferguson Grand Jury Has Completed Deliberations

Quote:
A public announcement of the grand jury's decision is scheduled for 8 p.m.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
That was Nancy Pelosi's point about having to enact a law in order to know its contents.

After the fact, the Hillary axiom would chime, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
Interesting. I didn't know that.

I haven't researched grand juries much, but I know we just need more transparency and more equality in our justice system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies