Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 05:31 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
How exactly did I insult you?

And your really gonna say that about ME? Any posters here want to vouch about some of the names I've been called around here? Do you really want me to bring up some of those hateful posts??

A simple scroll through this thread would show you otherwise.

Do you have a point to make about the topic?
I made my point and it appears that we are debating now rather than swapping opinions. That's progress. What do you feel will be the GJ's verdict?

Old 11-24-2014, 05:33 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,887 times
I think the bests witness was the white construction worker that yelled ...he's got his F...... Hands up ..I think he was white

Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Blather. Good description. I turned it off two hours ago. Will get the results here with you peeps.
Same here. Going out to eat and when I get home, will click here. Last report I watched, was the Governor/MO
speaking. You'd think he was preparing for a tornado

Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Does it really matter what the verdict is? They're going to riot regardless. Black Friday will likely be a little early this year.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:35 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Point taken. I see trauma every day and I can remember some and not others. I don't think witnesses are all "liars". I believe the studies which have been shown that their recollections are frequently wrong.
I would agree about minor details.

Descriptions, height, etc. But for them to not remember the incident in its general entirety is not very likely.

One of the biggest issues is their viewpoint at the car door. But that still doesn't explain the end of the altercation.

The frustration that your picking up on is my understanding of the corruption that goes on in Police departments. That's the major issue here. If it was an isolated incident, no matter how heinous, you wouldn't have a cause to protest. But the fact that so many are killed, and many in questionable circumstances, is why you have such an outrage.

If it was just thugs getting profiled and shot you wouldn't have an outcry.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Eyewitness failure is not open to debunking. Its an established fact that eyewitnesses are notoriously wrong.

DNA represents more than blood. It represents the pattern present in MB body and may be blood, tissue, hair, sweat or tears.

Hundreds of witness lie routinely. It's as common as the clouds in the sky.
And then there are always the delusional armchair "experts" that dominate any discussion and twist things to support their fantasy. It makes reasonable, mature discussion virtually impossible. Some of us have the capacity to wait for the end results without jumping to conclusions. In this case, no witnesses but for Wilson have been named.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:36 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
I made my point and it appears that we are debating now rather than swapping opinions. That's progress. What do you feel will be the GJ's verdict?
I agree. I'm not a bad person or mean person. I'm just constantly under attack because I don't toe the party line or go with the status quo. I'm just passionate about certain issues.

I think its a no indictment. That's my opinion from the lead up.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:41 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
What do you think is the reason they have picked this time to give the verdict since you are in the "show me" state?
Children are home from school. Most parents are home from work. The temperature is dropping. Hopefully the tempers will too.

Conspiracy theory: gives the officer time to get far, far away before a no file ruling comes down.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:44 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Well that corruption is present in this American culture since it began. Travel to Indian grounds and one will see who the "savages" were. Vietnam (Gulf of Tonkin) Iraq (WMD) on and on and on. Its the dark side of America which it has yet to come to terms with. Millions were hopeful that Obama would usher in a clarity present in his words and he has failed. This enmity that you contain about the cops and black men is not forgotten by me at least. I get it. Whole families culled from the streets to fill for profit prisons. In this case, we have a teenager who terribly with a capital T fits the profile of an entitled thug and does little justice to the activists black, white, and brown who challenged the machine. So....I get it. I was hopeful that a reasonable chance existed for people to consider the evidence as it should be presented and we simply must take on faith that ALL the witnesses were heard. Michael Brown will be sorely missed by those who loved him but his conduct towards people was reprehensible and if as we think he charged the officer then the public should have the presence of mind to accept the verdict.

THE future belongs to the truth tellers. If America does not walk down that path than the land we may find is more lovely than any country would ever be...I hope so because some days, I think it's lost for most people bent on attention, determined to profit from other's misery and hell bent on their own destruction.

Rant button to OFF.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:44 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The blather on MSNBC right now is unwatchable.

Apparently, three months' examination of more evidence than is normally presented to a grand jury isn't enough to convince any of those activists - the loudest of whom are writing books - that this investigation is credible. The prosecutor had an agenda, should have recused himself, blah, blah, blah. TheY still want "JUSTICE."

God help us.
Say what you want about Fox News, but at least they allow opposing opinions. MSNBC is just a bunch of 'Hi, I'm a liberal and I'd like to welcome to the panel two minorities and a self-loathing white person who all agree with me'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies