Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 12:20 PM

13,289 posts, read 7,840,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That very well could be the case. He could have simply lost his temper when the boys didn't move or possibly mouthed off to him.

The big thing here though is this. What was Brown under arrest for? Jaywalking?
Dissing a cop.

Cop dissing doesn't occur very much in North Korea.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,038,614 times
My DW thinks the findings will be released Sunday night.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:24 PM

29,179 posts, read 14,455,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Decision is very close and certainly this weekend (as I posted earlier).

Reuters Top News @Reuters · 3m 3 minutes ago
St. Louis County prosecutor says grand jury still in session, date, time and location of press conference not determined.
0 replies 34 retweets 5 favorites
Reply Retweet34 Favorite5
More

Reuters Top News @Reuters · 7m 7 minutes ago
BREAKING: St. Louis county prosecutor says preparing news conference to announce decision of grand jury in Michael Brown shooting.

The Superintendent of Jennings School District has decided to send the kids home early today. The "peaceful" protestors are doing mock hangings in trees near the Court House ..... these people are sick,sick,sick.
Trying to figure out what that picture had to do with "justice" ? Regardless of the outcome of this , no one is going to come out on top. Very sad.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:29 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,391,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your a former cop. Answer me this. The guy was 100 ft away, your adrenaline is through the roof. How likely is it to have rounds on target in that situation? I'm assuming a 9mm Glock which is not exactly a target shooting pistol

I'm an active shooter and don't shoot at the range at anything more than 25 ft with a 9mm pistol. I'm sure I can hit a few shots center of mass at 100 ft but not if my adrenaline was flowing with sweaty hands.
As a former cop, combat arms soldier and sport shooter, I wouldn't get six or seven hits at 100 feet especially with the adrenaline rush and accompanying tunnel vision with a 9mm, .40 or any other hand gun and especially not with a moving target.

But don't forget it's "fact" according to one poster.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:31 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,099,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Murder???

No.......Wilson did nothing to merit a murder charge.

IMO........IF all the evidence is against Wilson.......it is a reckless homicide indictment.
Yes murder.

Shooting a man while he's surrendering.

No person who has seen real chaos would believe that Wilson was in fear of his life chasing an unarmed 18 year old 100 ft from the vehicle.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,391,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The fact is that multiple witnesses believe that officer Wilson murdered Michael Brown.
And the longer you repetitively post about this the longer the list grows. Singing the same sad song over and over doesn't make it any more true or can you not see that?

Old 11-21-2014, 12:37 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,099,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And the longer you repetitively post about this the longer the list grows.
To my knowledge, none of the witnesses have changed their story.

What do you call shooting someone surrendering?

Many service men and women do NOT agree with you.

Veterans' appeal to National Guard: "Stand with Ferguson protesters, not the police!"

Gotta get back to work, but will join the discussion later.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:40 PM

13,289 posts, read 7,840,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Dissing a cop.

Cop dissing doesn't occur very much in North Korea.
If you diss a law, there could be a fine.

If you diss a cop, there could be death.

Could be the diss of death.

The mafia does this, don't they?

Old 11-21-2014, 01:03 PM

17,379 posts, read 9,204,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Trying to figure out what that picture had to do with "justice" ? Regardless of the outcome of this , no one is going to come out on top. Very sad.
A lot (if not most) of the Business people in the area agree with you (and me) - We have a Justice System and it's working. These "protestors" have their own idea of what "Justice" is. There "justice" is those trees in the picture and a rope - for Officer Wilson. They don't need or want a Grand Jury or any Legal system at all. They are SO sure they know what happened from all the scuttlebutt and rumors that they are only interested in Street 'justice'. Vengeance is what they want.

Amid Threats Of Boycott And Protest, Ferguson Businesses Ask ‘Has Justice Not Been Served?’ |CBS News St Louis

Dan McMullen runs Solo Insurance Services on West Florissant, near where the vandalism from protests broke out after the shooting in early August. He said any negative backlash in response to the grand jury ruling shows such people aren’t truly interested in seeing “justice.” McMullen has said that those who are looking to harm Ferguson businesses are “driving a wedge between themselves and the real world … they don’t want to understand.”

McMullen said media outlets aren’t asking protesters the right question, “Has justice not been served?”
“They’ve already screwed business up by doing their violence and it’s not going to come back for a long time…whatever they do, it just shows their ignorance,” McMullen said of the earlier protests that sparked vandalism and looting of stores.

This town will not recover from this IF these 'protestor groups' go through with their Planned Actions.
It will have a very difficult time of recovery if they all accept the Grand Jury decision ... and that's NOT going to happen from what I'm reading.

The Black Churches are Front and Center is fomenting rage .... that's food for thought.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:27 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,273,576 times
Lawyers descend on Ferguson ahead of grand jury decision | Reuters

The lawyers are on their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies